Life is unpredictable and so are our plans. But these unpredictabilities shouldn’t always be burning a hole in your pockets. If you are flying with Turkish Airlines anytime soon, it’s a great idea to get familiar with Turkish Airlines change flight policy. It can reschedule your flight (in case of a sudden change) at the snap of the fingers while also saving you some extra bucks.
So let’s check out the Turkish Airlines change flight policy in detail right here:
Turkish Airlines Flight Change Policy: Main Highlights
- According to Turkish Airlines change flight policy, if tickets are not bought from the official ticket counter, Turkish website, official mobile app, or via other Turkish channels, the passenger must pay the entire amount as a change fee and must reissue the ticket from the aforementioned centers.
- The Turkish Airlines change flight policy states that there is no change charge for passengers who make changes within the risk-free duration. A zero-change-fee scheme is in effect for refundable ticket holders.
- If the travel date falls between March 21, 2020 and December 31, 2021, no change fee is charged.
- According to Turkish Airlines change flight policy, passengers can make changes in their tickets up to 24 hours before the flight departs. If the changes are made on the day of departure, the airline will charge the entire ticket value as an airline change fee.
Note: In case, you have any doubt or have a concern regarding the Turkish Airlines change flight policy, please visit the Turkish Airlines AO General Directorate office for professional assistance.
Turkish Airlines Office Address:
Turkish Airlines General Management Building Ataturk Airport
Yesilkoy, 34149 Istanbul Turkey
Telephone: +90 212 463 63 63
Fax: +90 212 465 21 21
How to Change Turkish Airlines Ticket?
There are two ways to change Turkish Airlines ticket: online and offline. We have explained these two methods in detail below:
Steps to make flight changes through the online portals
- Go to the official website of Turkish Airlines and complete the account authentication process using your registered email address and password.
- Tap on the “Manage Trip” tab. Fill in the required fields.
- Simply review the input and tap on the “Find Trip” option. Select your trip from the list.
- Make the necessary changes as per your requirement.
- Now the system will fetch you the best available options.
- Before that, you will need to pay the Turkish Airlines change fee. Once the payment process is done, you will get the confirmation mail on your registered ID.
Steps to Make Flight Changes Through the Offline Methods
From Airport Counters
- Go to the airport counter and give your confirmation code and passenger name.
- Share all the required details and ask the available agent to process the change request.
- The agent will review your request and make changes to your ticket according to availability.
- Once the agent confirms the availability, pay the Turkish Airlines change fee, and you will get the new ticket instantly.
From Kiosk Tower
- Go to the airport Turkish Airlines Kiosk tower.
- Follow the on-screen command.
- Enter confirmation code and passenger name.
- Pay the Turkish Airlines change fee and print the new ticket instantly.
Call the Turkish Airlines change flight department number
- Dial change flight department/ customer number +1-855-284-6735.
- Choose the preferred language
- Follow the command and connect to the available agent.
- The agent will ask you to offer a confirmation code, passenger name, and flight number.
- Offer all the details, the agent will review your input and process your flight change request.
- The agent will check the availability and ask you to pay the Turkish Airlines change fee. Once the payment is done, you will get the new e-ticket on your registered IDs instantly.
Turkish Airlines Change Fee
Turkish Airlines change fee is based on three factors: the type of fare, the timing of the change, and the route:
- The passenger needs to pay 200 to 400 dollars as Turkish Airlines change fees for the long-haul flights.
- In some scenarios, the airline will charge 20 to 30% on total fare as change fees.
- Zero change fee, if the journey date falls between March 21, 2020 and December 31, 2021.
- For performing modifications on the same day of departure, the passenger needs to pay 70% of the total ticket fare as an airline change fee.
- The airline has reviewed the change flight fees for short-haul flights. Now passengers are required to pay between $60 and $120 as Turkish Airlines change fees.
- If the journey date falls within the time of covid, there will be no transition charge. So, it means you can make modifications in your scheduled journey for free of cost or free from the airline change fee.
- To make changes on the same day of departure, the passenger must pay the entire ticket price as a Turkish Airlines change fee.
- If the airline cancels the flight, you can make changes without having to pay the change fee.
Turkish Airlines Change Date Policy
- The Turkish Airlines change date policy states that a passenger cannot change their flight date on the same day of departure. You can change your scheduled flight by paying the Turkish Airlines change fee. However, you must do so within the time frame specified.
- The airline breaks the flight change arrangement into small segments. For example, a passenger changing the date of departure would pay a change fee of $200 to 350 dollars for international routes. The total can differ depending on where you go.
- According to Turkish Airlines change date policy, a passenger can only change the date if the route and cabin are the same as the scheduled one. To upgrade the cabin, the passenger can be required to pay additional fees, in addition to the change fee.
- If the journey date falls between March 21, 2020 and December 31, 2021, the Turkish Airlines change date policy states that no fee is charged as they adhere to the zero change fee clause.
- According to the Turkish Airlines change date policy, a passenger who does not buy a seat at the time of booking would not be able to use the Turkish Airlines change seat selection feature.
Turkish Airlines Name Change Policy
- As per the Turkish Airlines name change policy, the airline also allows passengers to switch their flights till the date of departure. The passenger can change the name to the initial booking by paying the Turkish Airlines change fee.
- The name change service is only available to passengers who booked their flights via official channels. Passengers who purchased tickets from third-party platforms would contact the third-party agent separately.
- According to the Turkish Airlines name change policy, a passenger must make adjustments to the reservation at least one hour before the scheduled departure time. Once the allotted time has passed, the passenger must pay the full ticket price as the Turkish Airlines change fee.
- Turkish Airlines name change function on the same day of departure is not applicable to some long-haul flights. For more information on it, consult officials via customer service number, live chat, or visiting ticket sale offices.
- To change a name, the passenger needs to fly on the same routes and between the same destinations as the original one.
- Passengers who completed the check-in process are not allowed to make changes to their names. If he or she does then the full amount will be charged as the ticket change fees.
Frequently Asked Questions: Turkish Airlines Flight Change Policy
Turkish Airlines charge 20 Euros to 50 Euros for flight change for domestic routes. However, the Turkish Airlines change fee depends on various factors.
You can change your flight date with Turkish Airlines over the phone by dialing +1-855-284-6735. Since customer support numbers can vary depending on the location, obtain the Turkish Airlines change flight department number from the authenticate platforms.
Yes. You can easily change the date of your return flight with the help of the Turkish Airlines customer service team.
The most appropriate way to change seats on Turkish Airlines is through the official website. Through this method, you can save both time and money.
To confirm flight change on Turkish Airlines, you need to visit the nearest airport, check the confirmation mail, or communicate with the customer service agent.
You must pay 20-50 euros to change your date of travel. You do not have to pay the Turkish Airlines change fee if you are changing your flight date due to covid-19.
Yes. When you change your meal preference on Turkish Airlines, you would incur a surcharge. Contact the customer service representative to learn more about the fees.