Life is unpredictable and so are our plans. But this unpredictability shouldn’t always be burning a hole in your pockets. If you are flying with Turkish Airlines anytime soon, it’s a great idea to get familiar with Turkish Airlines change flight policy. It can reschedule your flight (in case of a sudden change) at the snap of the fingers while also saving you some extra bucks.
So let’s check out the Turkish Airlines change flight policy in detail right here:
Turkish Airlines Flight Change Policy: Main Highlights
- According to Turkish Airlines change flight policy, if tickets are not bought from the official ticket counter, Turkish website, official mobile app, or via other Turkish channels, the passenger must pay the entire amount as a change fee and must reissue the ticket from the aforementioned centers.
- The Turkish Airlines change flight policy states that there is no change charge for passengers who make changes within the risk-free duration. A zero-change-fee scheme is in effect for refundable ticket holders.
- According to Turkish Airlines change flight policy, passengers can make changes in their tickets up to 24 hours before the flight departs. If the changes are made on the day of departure, the airline will charge the entire ticket value as an airline change fee.
Note: In case, you have any doubt or have a concern regarding the Turkish Airlines change flight policy, please visit the Turkish Airlines AO General Directorate office for professional assistance.
Turkish Airlines Office Address:
Turkish Airlines General Management Building Ataturk Airport
Yesilkoy, 34149 Istanbul Turkey
Telephone: +90 212 463 63 63
Fax: +90 212 465 21 21
How to Change Turkish Airlines Ticket?
There are two ways to change Turkish Airlines tickets: online and offline. We have explained these two methods in detail below:
Steps to make flight changes through the online portals
- Go to the official website of Turkish Airlines and complete the account authentication process using your registered email address and password.
- Tap on the “Manage Trip” tab. Fill in the required fields.
- Simply review the input and tap on the “Find Trip” option. Select your trip from the list.
- Make the necessary changes as per your requirement.
- Now the system will fetch you the best available options.
- Before that, you will need to pay the Turkish Airlines change fee. Once the payment process is done, you will get the confirmation mail on your registered ID.
Steps to Make Flight Changes Through the Offline Methods
From Airport Counters
- Go to the airport counter and give your confirmation code and passenger name.
- Share all the required details and ask the available agent to process the change request.
- The agent will review your request and make changes to your ticket according to availability.
- Once the agent confirms the availability, pay the Turkish Airlines change fee, and you will get the new ticket instantly.
From Kiosk Tower
- Go to the airport Turkish Airlines Kiosk tower.
- Follow the on-screen command.
- Enter confirmation code and passenger name.
- Pay the Turkish Airlines change fee and print the new ticket instantly.
Call the Turkish Airlines change flight customer service
- Dial change flight department/ customer number.
- Choose the preferred language
- Follow the command and connect to the available agent.
- The agent will ask you to offer a confirmation code, passenger name, and flight number.
- Offer all the details, the agent will review your input and process your flight change request.
- The agent will check the availability and ask you to pay the Turkish Airlines change fee. Once the payment is done, you will get the new e-ticket on your registered IDs instantly.
Turkish Airlines Change Fee
Turkish Airlines change fee is based on three factors: the type of fare, the timing of the change, and the route:
- The passenger needs to pay 200 to 400 dollars as Turkish Airlines change fees for long-haul flights.
- In some scenarios, the airline will charge 20 to 30% on total fare as change fees.
- For performing modifications on the same day of departure, the passenger needs to pay 70% of the total ticket fare as an airline change fee.
- The airline has reviewed the change flight fees for short-haul flights. Now passengers are required to pay between $60 and $120 as Turkish Airlines change fees.
- If the journey date falls within the time of covid, there will be no transition charge. So, it means you can make modifications in your scheduled journey for free of cost or free from the airline change fee.
- To make changes on the same day of departure, the passenger must pay the entire ticket price as a Turkish Airlines change fee.
- If the airline cancels the flight, you can make changes without having to pay the change fee.
Turkish Airlines Change Date Policy
- The Turkish Airlines change date policy states that a passenger cannot change their flight date on the same day of departure. You can change your scheduled flight by paying the Turkish Airlines change fee. However, you must do so within the time frame specified.
- The airline breaks the flight change arrangement into small segments. For example, a passenger changing the date of departure would pay a change fee of $200 to 350 dollars for international routes. The total can differ depending on where you go.
- According to Turkish Airlines change date policy, a passenger can only change the date if the route and cabin are the same as the scheduled one. To upgrade the cabin, the passenger can be required to pay additional fees, in addition to the change fee.
- According to the Turkish Airlines change date policy, a passenger who does not buy a seat at the time of booking would not be able to use the Turkish Airlines change seat selection feature.
Turkish Airlines Name Change Policy
- As per the Turkish Airlines name change policy, the airline also allows passengers to switch their flights till the date of departure. The passenger can change the name to the initial booking by paying the Turkish Airlines change fee.
- The name change service is only available to passengers who booked their flights via official channels. Passengers who purchased tickets from third-party platforms would contact the third-party agent separately.
- According to the Turkish Airlines name change policy, a passenger must make adjustments to the reservation at least one hour before the scheduled departure time. Once the allotted time has passed, the passenger must pay the full ticket price as the Turkish Airlines change fee.
- Turkish Airlines name change function on the same day of departure is not applicable to some long-haul flights. For more information on it, consult officials via customer service, live chat, or visiting ticket sale offices.
- To change a name, the passenger needs to fly on the same routes and between the same destinations as the original one.
- Passengers who completed the check-in process are not allowed to make changes to their names. If he or she does then the full amount will be charged as the ticket change fees.
Frequently Asked Questions: Turkish Airlines Flight Change Policy
Is there an email address where I could communicate regarding the change flight date for my fiancée. It is too costly to call from the Philippines. The change date Request ID is 1342.
Passenger Name: GABIELLA ATIENZA
Carrier: Turkish Airlines
Manila-Istanbul – TK85
Istanbul-Copenhagen – TK1783
I spoke to 2 people, John and Frank. The lines keeps getting cut off. My fiancée was not allowed to board TK85 due to Philippine Immigration issues.
I was calling lastnight via mobile number +63999 336 6442
My father encouraged me to remain with them for an extended period of time, which contributed to the pandemic. The airline will not charge a fee for changes because it is mentioned in Turkish Airlines change flight policy that the fee has been waived. Thank you for offering free change service without jeopardizing in-flight amenities.
I am looking to have details on the Turkish Airlines flight change policy for non-refundable tickets. I attempted to call the team but was unable to connect. If anyone knows the customer service number, please assist me in contacting the team.
I don’t want to incur fees, therefore I read over Turkish Airlines change flight date policy before starting the process. As I am aware, if I do not comprehend all aspects of the flight change policy, I will be required to pay significant change costs. So, in order to obtain a sufficient quantity of knowledge, I contact the team via the customer care number. The group aided in the subsequent procedure.
My father has requested that I modify my leaving date. He was dissatisfied with the existing situations and wanted to modify the leaving date. So he told me to alter the date, and I did so by reading the Turkish airlines change flight policy before initiating the flight change request. It aided me in making adjustments as simple as a piece of cake.
I was not able to request Turkish Airlines change flight date online. I learned to understood I have purchased a restricted fare which does not allow any changes. I did not book this flight directly with the airline, as it was through a third party. I contacted my travel agency and they were charging me 2400 USD in total just to fly on the next day. So I approached the Turkish Airlines executive over the phone. They happily accommodate my flight exchange without asking me to pay the Turkish Airlines change date fee. I just paid 778 USD in total compared to what my travel agent was asking me to pay.
Terms of flight clearly say if a passenger cannot travel due to Covid they are entitled to a full refund. I booked a flight with the travel agency and they were charging a cancellation fee as well as 25 USD additional if I cancel the seats. I straightforwardly called the Turkish Airlines change policy Covid desk. They not only cancelled my flight for free but also issued me a voucher for the unused booking value. They extended the validity of the voucher for 3 years. We explained to them that the passenger was hospitalised with Covid. They did not ask for any certificates or declarations. However, my travel agency for weeks has harassed, frustrated and caused anxiety to us as we are an elderly couple who got hospitalised in a foreign country with no compassion or help.
My flight has cancelled by turkish airlines resulting of 01/Sept/2022 they notified me today. Please guide me ASAP, to change my travel date with minimal change cost. It is very urgent.
I booked flights to Istanbul from Chicago and then back, both as one way trips because the round trip options weren’t meeting my time line needs. Then realized I actually needed to fly to Istanbul back 4 days before the actual departure. Due to much hurry I accidentally enter wrong date and name as well, please let me know I c Thanks for the help.
My flight was delayed by 11 hours. We arrived at the Istanbul International Airport just in time to board our plane to Egypt. It took 2 hours to finally get to someone from the Turkish Airlines to help us. They offer us new flight tickets in 24 hours without any excuses, but We want to reschedule it to next weekend. They have also offered us a hotel to stay. Turkish Airlines had an amazing flight change policy and they took a zero change fee.