LOT Polish Unaccompanied minor policy typically include requirements for the child to have a written consent letter from a parent or guardian, and for the child to be met at their destination by a designated adult.
Additionally, the airline may require the child to fly as an unaccompanied minor and may charge an additional fee for this service. Please check this article for all the detailed information.
General Rules LOT Unaccompanied Minor Service
Before booking the LOT Polish Unaccompanied Minor Service, there are a few general rules to follow:
- Children under the age of 12 are required to use the service, regardless of their travel itinerary.
- Children between the ages of 12 and 17 may use the service, but it is not mandatory.
- The service must request at least 48 hours before departure.
- The child must have all necessary travel documents, including a valid passport and visa (if required).
- The child must be in good health and able to travel independently.
- The child should be able to understand and follow instructions from the airline staff.
- The parent or legal guardian must provide written consent for the child to travel alone and provide contact information for themselves and any other adults who will meet the child at the destination.
- The parent or legal guardian should provide the child with detailed instructions about their travel itinerary and any other important information.
Age Requirement For Unaccompanied Minor Travel
Children must be at least 5 years old and no older than 12 years old on the date of travel. Children between the ages of 12 and 17 can also travel as an unaccompanied minor, but it is not mandatory, and the service is optional. It is always recommended to check with the airline for any changes in policy.
Children Under 5 Years Old
- Children between the ages of 8 days and 5 years may only travel alone with a trained escort.
- Your child is accompanied by the approved cabin crew member from the time of luggage and ticket check-in until the youngster is picked up by an authorized adult at the destination airport.
- You must pay for the flight attendant’s ticket if you want to employ the escort service.
Aged between 5 and 12 years old
- We offer special help to unaccompanied youngsters between 5 to 12 years old.
- Both designated airport passenger service ground workers and a member of the LOT Cabin Crew provide care.
Children aged between 12 and 17 years old
- Young persons between the ages of 12 and 17 may travel alone without help.
- These passengers may travel with ground staff and a member of the guardianship at the parents’ or guardians’ desire.
How to Book Unaccompanied Minor Service?
To book Unaccompanied Minor Service with LOT Polish Airlines, you can follow these steps:
- Contact the LOT Polish Airlines reservation center to book a flight for the child.
- When booking the flight, inform the reservation agent that the child will be traveling as an unaccompanied minor.
- Provide the contact information for the person who will be meeting the child at the destination airport.
- Pay the unaccompanied minor fee, which is typically higher than the regular fare.
- Fill out and sign the unaccompanied minor form, which can be found on the LOT Polish Airlines website, and provide it to the airline at check-in.
- Make sure the child has all necessary documents, such as a passport or ID card, before the flight.
- Accompany the child to the airport and ensure that they are properly check in for the flight.
- Provide detailed instructions to the person who will be meeting the child at the destination airport, including contact information, flight details, and any other relevant information.
- Verify that the child has arrived safely at the destination airport with the person who was scheduled to meet them.
In addition, passengers can book a LOT Polish unaccompanied minor service through social media.
Book Minor Service Via Email
To book a flight for an unaccompanied minor through email, you will need to contact the airline directly. Each airline has their own policies and procedures for booking flights for unaccompanied minors, so it’s best to check with the specific airline you wish to book with.
Typically, you will need to provide the following information:
- The child’s name, age, and contact information.
- The names and contact information of the person dropping off and picking up the child at the airport.
- Any special needs or requests for the child’s flight.
- Payment information to confirm the booking.
You may also need to fill out and submit additional forms or documents, such as a consent letter, before the booking.
Note – It is important to note that LOT Unaccompanied Minor Service is not available on all flights, so please check the availability and the fee of the service with the airline before booking.
Book Minor Service Via Social Media
For unaccompanied minor service, get in touch with the LOT Polish Airlines on their social media handles.
|Social Media Platform
|LOT Polish Official Page
|LOT Polish Official Handle
|LOT Polish Official Instagram Page
|LOT Polish YouTube Channel
Service Offered Under LOT Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Program
A parent or legal guardian must accompany the child to the airport. In the event of an unforeseen LOT flight ticket cancellation, kindly stay at the airport until takeoff. In addition
- For international flights, you must arrive at the check-in desk no later than 60 minutes before takeoff.
- For local flights, you must arrive no later than 30 minutes before takeoff.
- Parents must accompany the minor at the Family Check In counter.
- Parents must complete the Request for Carriage form.
- The youngster will be given a unique neck bag that will hold all of their paperwork, including their passport and boarding permit.
- Your child’s luggage will identify with a unique tag that will make finding the luggage much simpler when it comes time for pickup.
- A member of the ground staff will be responsible for your youngster at all stages of travel.
- Your child will be the first to board the plane.
- Your child will be picked up from the aircraft and assisted in retrieving their luggage by the ground staff.
- A designated member of the ground crew will direct your child to the exit after landing, leaving them only with the person you choose.
What are the documents required for unaccompanied minors to travel with LOT Polish Airlines?
For an unaccompanied minor to travel with LOT Polish Airlines, the following documents are typically required:
- A signed and completed “Unaccompanied Minor Form” provided by LOT Polish Airlines.
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate or passport.
- A signed letter of consent from both parents or legal guardians allowing the child to travel alone.
- A contact telephone number for both the child and the person meeting the child at the destination.
- Any additional documents required for international travel, such as a visa.
It’s important to note that requirements may vary depending on the specific route and destination, so it’s best to check with LOT Polish Airlines for the most up-to-date information and to confirm all necessary documents before booking travel.
LOT Polish Unaccompanied Minor Fee
The cost of the ticket will also include a LOT Polish unaccompanied minor fee for the special assistance and escort service. It is charged per route per passenger (even if siblings are traveling together). If you want to employ the escort service, you must pay for the flight attendant’s ticket.
|Unaccompanied Minor Fee (in USD)
The above information provides all of the necessary details for an unaccompanied minor to fly with LOT Polish airlines. As you can see, the airline does have a series of requirements for minors to meet, but it also allows parents to bring them along as well. Flying with children, especially on a long flight, can be quite stressful. Hopefully this article will be able to reduce that stress as you prepare to travel with your child.
How old do you have to be to fly a LOT Polish Airlines?
To fly on LOT Polish Airlines, you must be at least 2 years old. Passengers under the age of 2 are considered infants and must be accompanied by an adult.
What is the procedure to book LOT unaccompanied minor Service?
Contact the airline directly to inquire about their unaccompanied minor service and to make a reservation. Provide the necessary information about the child, such as their name, date of birth, and contact information for the person dropping off and picking up the child. Fill out and sign any required forms, such as a consent for travel form. Pay any additional fees associated with the unaccompanied minor service.
Can a 12 year old fly alone on LOT Polish airlines?
A child under the age of 12 cannot fly alone on LOT Polish airlines. The airline requires that children between the ages of 12 and 18 be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, or be booked as an unaccompanied minor.
Under the age of 16 unaccompanied minor can transport animals through LOT Polish Airlines?
Unaccompanied minors under the age of 16 are not allowed to transport animals on LOT Polish Airlines. Only adults 18 or older are allowed to transport animals on the airline.
Children under 5 years old fly alone on lot airlines?
No, children under 5 years old cannot fly alone on LOT Polish Airlines. They must be accompanied by an adult who is at least 18 years old.
Is there any fee applicable to avail the LOT unaccompanied minor services?
It is best to check with the specific airline you are planning to travel with for information on their fees for unaccompanied minor services.