The TAP Air Portugal unaccompanied minor service offers full support to the children and the teenagers flying alone. The airline offers assistance and protection throughout the trip, from check-in, immigration and security checks.
Learn how minors can fly on board with TAP Portugal. Find out all the conditions, the service fee, and the booking methods, and see what is the most appropriate method for you.
- Conditions for Unaccompanied Minor Travel with TAP Portugal
- Documents Required for Unaccompanied Minors Travel
- How to Book a TAP Portugal Flight for Unaccompanied Minors?
- Fee for TAP Portugal Unaccompanied Minor
- The Entry and Exit Rules for Unaccompanied Minors
- Minors entering Portugal
- Minors exiting Portugal
- Minors with Brazilian nationality
- Minors with Italian nationality
- Minors with Spanish nationality
- FAQs Related to TAP Portugal Minor Policy
Conditions for Unaccompanied Minor Travel with TAP Portugal
Under the TAP Air Portugal policy, the minors are allowed to take the connecting flights only via Lisbon and Porto. For unaccompanied minors, the airline does not allow connecting flights with other airlines. In addition –
- Unaccompanied minors under the age of five are not permitted.
- Minors under the age of 5 must always be accompanied by an adult who must be capable of looking after the minor child during all aspects of the journey, including check-in, border crossings, and customs procedures.
- Minors between the age of 2 and 4 must be accompanied by a passenger between the age of 12 and 15. The procedure for the TAP Portugal unaccompanied minor service must be applied to both.
- A passenger must be at least 16 years old to travel with a kid between the ages of 5 and 11, and must declare themselves the child’s travel partner for the duration of the trip. The adult must be responsible for the check-in, baggage, immigration, and other boarding requirements.
- TAP Portugal air minors travelling alone service is always assumed for the travelers between the ages of 5 and 11.
- Unaccompanied minors between the age of 12 and 17 may opt for the said service at the request of their parents/legal guardians.
- Wait list reservations are not accepted.
- An unaccompanied minor travelling in a different cabin class than the parents/guardians who are accompanying them would be considered as ‘unaccompanied’ travelers.
- When you sign up for the unaccompanied minor service, the airline must provide an identity and contact details (phone number and address) of the people who will be dropping the child off at the airport and picking him or her up when they arrive.
Documents Required for Unaccompanied Minors Travel
For the day of departure, you must complete the TAP Portugal unaccompanied minor form and any required Customs and Immigration paperwork. Throughout the trip, your child must carry this form with them.
Under the TAP Air Portugal unaccompanied minor policy, the parents and guardians must also bring the following items to check-in:
- the child’s birth certificate or passport as a valid photo ID
- The email, residence address and contact number of the parents who would be dropping the child.
- Contact details of the parents who would be greeting the child at the destination airport.
- The airline will issue you a security pass for the parents so they may escort the child to the boarding gate.
How to Book a TAP Portugal Flight for Unaccompanied Minors?
There are three ways to book a travel for the unaccompanied minor with TAP Portugal The minor travel is only applicable for the children aged between 5 and 11.
Online at flytap.com
After you enter the child’s passenger details and proceed to check out, you will be asked whether the child would be accompanied by any adult or not. If not, the TAP Portugal unaccompanied minor fee would be added alongside the ticket price. After your reservation is confirmed, the airline will send the attached unaccompanied minor in the booking confirmation email.
At the Airport Counter or over the Phone
If you book your child’s travel at the airport or through TAP Portugal Customer Service, tell the airline’s representative that the child is travelling alone. You also need to provide the child’s age proof.
After the reservation is completed, you would be asked to fill the unaccompanied minor form, submit the necessary travel document, and pay the required fee.
Once the unaccompanied minor flight booking is complete, you will need to provide the booking reference number or e-ticket number to the person who would be greeting the child at the destination airport.
Fee for TAP Portugal Unaccompanied Minor
The following TAP Portugal unaccompanied minor fees will be applied to book the flights for the children traveling alone –
Please note – the fee mentioned below would be applied per passenger each way.
|Direct flight||With connecting flight|
|Domestic flights||77 USD||77 USD|
|Europe, Morocco, Tunisia and flights between Accra and São Tomé||112 USD||112 USD|
|Intercontinental flights||165 USD||165 USD|
|To / from Dominican Republic||191 USD||191 USD|
As per the TAP Air portugal unaccompanied minor policy, the fee will apply as follows –
- Children traveling alone between the ages of 5 and 11.
- The fee would be applicable one-way
- The flight must be operated by TAP Air Portugal
- Youngsters between the ages of 12 and 17 may opt for unaccompanied minor service, and pay the afore-mentioned fee.
The Entry and Exit Rules for Unaccompanied Minors
Minors entering and leaving Portugal must abide by following laws and regulations.
Minors entering Portugal
A documented travel authorisation is required to enter Portugal for those under the age of 18. whether they are travelling alone or accompanied by an adult. Only those who present this paperwork, officially validated, or who have a legal representation waiting for them in Portugal may be permitted entry as foreign unaccompanied children.
Minors exiting Portugal
When passing through border control, minors leaving Portugal unaccompanied by a parent or legal guardian are required to show a legally verified authorization as well as a valid photo ID.
Minors with Brazilian nationality
Authorization form is required for minors with dual personality residing outside Brazil. All the necessary documents must be certified at the Brazilian consulate. The same applies for dual nationality minors travelling from Brazil to other nations.
Minors with Italian nationality
Italian passport holders under the age of 14 are not permitted to fly alone into or out of Portugal. In addition –
- They must have their own passport and a properly filled out form. If they are travelling with someone other than their parents or legal guardians. Both parents must sign this document in the presence of a local police officer.
- This document can be obtained from any local police station (Questura), but not the police station at the airport.
Minors with Spanish nationality
In addition to their DNI and passport , the unaccompanied minors must have a properly filled and signed Travel Authorization when they leave Spanish territory. As per the TAP Air Portugal unaccompanied minor policy, the National Police, Guardia Civil, Police of Autonomous Communities, Notaries, and Alcaldes must all acknowledge this permission.
We hope this guide helped you learn more about TAP Air Portugal unaccompanied minor policy. We tried to include all the information that you need to know so that your child can travel safely. However, if you still have questions, feel free to contact airlines and they will be happy to help you. Moreover, do visit their website for other important details.
FAQs Related to TAP Portugal Minor Policy
Advised them that they need to greet the child at the assigned arrival gate. Have them follow the suggested arrival time schedule to allow sufficient time to obtain an escort pass from the TAP Portugal check-in counter. The greeting parents must have a valid photo ID and a copy of the child’s itinerary in order to obtain an escort pass to pass through the security checkpoint and meet the child at the arrival gate.
No. The TAP Portugal unaccompanied minor policy is only for children ages between 5 and 11 years old. Children older than 12 years old can travel alone. Their parents may opt for unaccompanied minor service.
The TAP Portugal check-in needs to be processed at the airport, and you must arrive with your child at least 45 minutes before the scheduled departure for flights within Portugal. For all international flights, you must check-in at the airport up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure.