Silver Airways Baggage Policy helps you with all the information you need to know about our baggage allowances, fees, and restrictions for both carry-on and checked baggage.
We understand that baggage is an important aspect of your travel experience and we aim to provide you with a smooth and hassle-free journey.
Please take a moment to review our policy so that you can travel with confidence and peace of mind.
- What is Carry-on Baggage Allowance for Silver Airways?
- What is Silver Airways Checked Baggage Allowance?
- Silver Airways Baggage Fees
- What is included under Excess/Oversize Baggage with Silver Airways?
- What are Military Baggage Allowances on Silver Airways?
- What is the Delayed/Damaged Baggage Guide with Silver Airways?
What is Carry-on Baggage Allowance for Silver Airways?
As per Silver Airways baggage policy, passengers are allowed to carry 1 carry-on bag and 1 personal item which is included in the airfare.
The term “carry-on luggage” refers to any piece of luggage small enough to fit in an overhead compartment or something comparable. You might have to check it in at the gate by Silver Airways carry-on luggage regulations when you board the aircraft. You will receive your bag after you arrive at your destination.
Duffle bags and compact roller bags that will fit in the overhead bins of the ATR-42/72 aircraft qualify as carry-on baggage. Please be aware that all Silver Airways aircraft do not have overhead bin space, so all carry-on luggage will be checked at the valet.
|Carry-on Baggage weight||Baggage size||Baggage fee (in USD)|
|No restrictions||14 x 19 x 8.5 in||No charges|
Personal item – A small bag that you can bring to your seat can be considered as a personal item. The group may contain tiny purses, backpacks, etc. These must correctly fit in the overhead compartment or under the seat in front of you. It is important to be aware of the weight and size restrictions for personal items.
- Maximum Baggage Weight: There are no limitations on a personal item’s weight. The only requirement is that it can fit in the space beneath the seat in front of you.
- Baggage dimensions: The bag’s dimensions must not exceed 41.5 linear inches or 105.5 cm.
The following things fit inside the luggage and can be transported:
- Laptop case
- a camera case
- A portable musical instrument
- Diaper bag
- Pet carried in a container
Note: Personal goods can also be stored in the overhead bin in the cabin.
What is Silver Airways Checked Baggage Allowance?
As per Silver Airways’ baggage policy, in exchange for any necessary service fees, Silver Airways will accept checked bags with a combined weight limit of 50 pounds (23 kg) and an outer dimension limit of 62 inches (157 cm). In addition –
- Silver Airways checked baggage fee paid at the airport, online, or through reservation is non-refundable.
- Travelers are only allowed to pay for a maximum of two checked bags when making online baggage service charge payments.
- The cost of every checked bag is assessed per bag, per person, and one-way.
- Your luggage might not make it onto your aircraft if the Silver Airways check-in conditions are not fulfilled or if you have more checked bags compared to the free baggage allowance.
- If this happens, your luggage will be sent on the next available aircraft, space permitting, and will be labeled with “Voluntary Separation” in addition to the regularly checked baggage tag.
- As soon as the passenger receives news of arrival, they must head back to the airport to pick up the impacted baggage.
- Bags will be checked to your final destination for a trip.
- In case of a connecting flight, there will be a service fee for checking a bag from your origin to your destination.
- Your luggage will be checked to the stopover location for travel with a voluntary layover, from which you will pick them up.
- You can recheck your bags when you resume traveling, but there may be additional fees from the new point of check-in to the destination.
Silver Airways Baggage Fees
Silver airways baggage fees can be paid online at the time of booking. Passengers need to pay 5 USD more if paying the checked baggage fee at the airport.
|Travel Route||1st Checked Bag|
(Pay 5 USD more at the airport)
|2nd Checked Bag|
(Pay 5 USD more at the airport)
|Ft. Lauderdale – Key West||30||40|
|Ft. Lauderdale – Orlando||30||40|
|Orlando – Pensacola||30||40|
|Tampa – Pensacola||30||40|
|Tampa – Key West||30||40|
|Ft. Lauderdale – Freeport||39||44|
|Ft. Lauderdale – Marsh Harbour||39||44|
|Ft. Lauderdale – North Eleuthera||39||44|
|San Juan – Santiago||39||44|
|San Juan – St. Kitts||39||44|
|San Juan – Dominica||39||44|
|Travel originating in St. Croix and St. Thomas||39||44|
|Ft. Lauderdale – Key West||35||45|
|Ft. Lauderdale – Orlando||35||45|
|Orlando – Pensacola||35||45|
|Tampa – Pensacola||35||45|
|Tampa – Key West||35||45|
|Ft. Lauderdale – Freeport||43||50|
|Ft. Lauderdale – Marsh Harbour||43||50|
|Ft. Lauderdale – North Eleuthera||43||50|
|San Juan – Santiago||45||50|
|San Juan – St. Kitts||45||50|
|San Juan – Dominica||45||50|
Prohibited items that are restricted with Silver Airways – Silver Airways has a list of restricted items that passengers are not allowed to bring on board with them. These items include:
- Hazardous materials, such as flammable liquids, explosives, and toxic substances.
- Firearms, ammunition, and other weapons.
- Razor blades, box cutters, and other sharp objects.
- Tools that can be used as weapons, such as hammers and screwdrivers.
- Sporting equipment that can be used as weapons, such as baseball bats and hockey sticks.
- Large electronic devices, such as laptops and full-sized printers, must be placed in checked baggage.
- Portable electronic devices containing lithium ion batteries, such as smartphones, tablets, and e-readers, must be placed in carry-on baggage and not in checked baggage.
Here are the list of of all the hazardous materials that will not be transported by the Silver Airways –
|Explosives or fireworks||Tasers||Radioactive material|
|Highly flammable items||Balance Gliders / Hoverboards with Lithium-ion batteries||Helium tanks|
|Corrosive or oxidizing materials||Paint||Poisons|
|Torch lighters||Liquid nitrogen (not accepted)||Small oxygen generators|
|Flammable liquids||Personal air purifiers (battery operated)|
What is included under Excess/Oversize Baggage with Silver Airways?
Please be aware that certain sporting goods may be subject to additional baggage service fees if they are overweight, including surfboards, scuba gear, and fishing gear, and that anything longer than 84 inches cannot be transported. In addition –
- Service charges are assessed per passenger, per bag, and per trip.
- Overweight and/or oversize baggage service fees are collected at airport check-in as a fee for more than 2 bags and cannot be paid online.
- If you check more than two items, the extras (up to ten are allowed) will be loaded as space permits and will be handled in accordance with the Silver Airways baggage rules under voluntary separation.
|Bag Type||Bag Service Charge (in USD)|
|Third Checked Bag||100|
|Overweight Bag (51 – 70 lbs / 62 linear inches)||50 in addition to the checked baggage service charge|
|Overweight Bag (71 – 100 lbs / 62 linear inches)||100 in addition to the checked baggage service charge|
|Oversized bag (63-115 linear inches)||100 in addition to the checked baggage service charge|
|Sporting equipment||Checked Bag plus Overweight Service Charges Apply|
What are Military Baggage Allowances on Silver Airways?
As per Silver Airways military baggage policy, active-duty members of the U.S. military are entitled to up to 2 free checked bags that weigh up to 70 pounds each. In addition –
- The checked bag has a maximum dimension of 62 linear inches.
- Beyond that exception, all other baggage service fees and regulations apply.
- This allowance does not apply to military personnel’s spouses or dependents.
- Active-duty personnel can also get a discount on Silver for their leisure trips.
Note – To book military baggage allowance, call 1-801-401-9100 to get this deal.
What is the Delayed/Damaged Baggage Guide with Silver Airways?
If your baggage is delayed or damaged on a flight with Silver Airways, here’s what you should do:
- Report the issue: Report the delay or damage to a Silver Airways representative at the airport as soon as possible. If you’re unable to report it in person, call Silver Airways baggage service center at 1-801-401-9100.
- File a claim: Silver Airways provides a baggage claim form on their official website or you can file a claim in person at the airport. Be sure to retain a copy of the completed form for your records.
- Provide evidence: If your baggage is damaged, be sure to provide photos and a detailed description of the damage when you file your claim.
- Wait for resolution: Silver Airways will investigate the issue and determine if they’re liable for the delay or damage. If they are, they’ll offer compensation in accordance with their baggage policy.
In conclusion, Silver Airways baggage policy allows passengers to bring a personal item and a carry-on bag at no additional charge. For checked baggage, fees vary based on the route and when the baggage is added, with lower fees for pre-paid bags compared to those added at the airport. Passengers are also advised to familiarize themselves with the size and weight restrictions for both carry-on and checked baggage. By adhering to these guidelines, travelers can ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience with Silver Airways.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
The fees for checked baggage on Silver Airways are: $30 for the first checked bag$40 for the second checked bag$100 for each additional checked bag
For passengers traveling on Silver Airways’ “Silver” fares, the maximum dimensions for carry-on luggage are 18 x 14 x 8 inches (45 x 35 x 20 cm), and the maximum weight is 25 pounds (11 kg).
For this info, passengers need to contact Silver Airways.
Silver baggage allows two bags for domestic as well as international flight and is included in the fare.