What is Frontier Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy?
As per Frontier unaccompanied minor policy, the airline does not allow minors to travel alone. The airline allows 15 years and above to travel alone.
Passengers who are under the age of 15 years must be accompanied by an adult ticket on the same itinerary.
How to book Frontier minor flights to travel alone?
Frontier Airlines unaccompanied minor service is applicable for passengers 15 years of age or old. Passengers can request the said survive at the time of booking or over the phone –
At the time of booking – Follow these steps –
- Begin by visiting the official Frontier Airlines website using your preferred web browser.
- Enter the required travel details, including the departure city, destination, travel dates, and the number of passengers.
- Click on the “Search” button to initiate the search for available flights.
- Review the list of available flights and select the one that best fits the travel schedule of the unaccompanied minor. Check the flight timings and layover durations for a comfortable journey.
- Enter the necessary passenger information, including the name, age, and any special assistance requirements for the unaccompanied minor.
- During the booking process, passengers who are 15 years or older will book on an adult fare.
- Follow the prompts to complete the booking process. Review the provided information for accuracy before proceeding with the payment.
- After completing the booking and payment, you will receive a confirmation email containing the itinerary and other essential travel details.
Ensure the unaccompanied minor carries all necessary travel documents and identification for a smooth journey.
Frontier Airlines Customer Service – If you prefer booking over the phone or need assistance with the process, contact Frontier Airlines Customer Service.
- Simply navigate to the Customer Support tab at the bottom of the page.
- Inform the customer service representative that you wish to book a flight for an unaccompanied minor aged 15 or older.
- Provide the necessary travel details for the reservation.
- The customer service representative will guide you through the booking process, help you find suitable flight options, and ensure that the unaccompanied minor’s needs are addressed.
- Review the booking details provided by the customer service representative to ensure accuracy.
- Complete the payment process as instructed by the representative.
Once the booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with the itinerary and other travel information.
What ID Requirements for Minors on Frontier Airlines?
As per Frontier Airlines minor policy, minors above 15 years of age who are traveling alone do not require the parents consent form. However, they carry the following documents at the Frontier Airlines check-in counter at the airport –
- Must present a valid form of identification such as a passport or national ID card. You can also provide a copy of the Birth Certificate.
- For international flights, all passengers, including minors, are required to present a valid passport.
- It’s essential for parents or guardians to verify the specific ID requirements directly with Frontier Airlines
What is Frontier Airlines Policy For Lap Infants and Children?
Here is everything you need to know about traveling with young ones on Frontier Airlines –
Lap infants (7 days – under 2 years old)
- Lap infants can travel free of charge on an adult’s lap.
- The accompanying adult must be at least 15 on domestic flights and 18 on international flights.
Children (2 years or older)
- Children 2 years or older must travel on a paid seat.
- Children below 2 years traveling on a seat will be charged for it.
Lap Infants on a paid seat
- Each ticketed adult can hold only 1 lap infant.
- An adult traveling with 2 lap infants must pay for the second seat.
- Lap infants on a paid seat must use an FAA-approved car seat or booster seat.
Frontier Airlines fares for infants and children
- Lap infants travel free on domestic and international flights
- Lap infants and children occupying a seat will be charged the full adult fare.
What are the rules for lap infants for Frontier Airlines?
Here are the key points to consider –
- Flights can be booked online or by phone
- An adult passenger can hold only 1 lap infant.
- An adult passenger traveling with 2 lap infants must purchase a seat for the second infant, using an FAA-approved child restraint device.
- Always carry a birth certificate for age verification if needed.
What are the Frontier Baggage Rules for Children and Infants?
Passengers traveling with children and lap infants are allowed free baggage, as per Frontier Airlines Baggage Policy –
- 1 diaper bag
- 1 pre-approved child restraint device
- 1 stroller
What is Frontier Airlines Child Seat Policy?
Children under/over 2 years old traveling on a paid seat must use an FAA-approved car seat or harness. Minimum seat widths vary by aircraft for Frontier Airlines.
Here are the important points to consider –
- Car seats must meet specific requirements
- Must not block passenger pathways.
- It cannot be placed in emergency exit rows or seats with airbags.
- Book your child on the same reservation as the adult passenger.
- Complete Frontier Airlines check-in online or through the app.
- Frontier Airlines will try to assign group seats together.
- If seat assignments are not together, ask a gate agent for assistance.
- Priority Boarding is available for families traveling with children below 3 years.
When Must Children Travel on Their Own Seats
- Lap infants can travel for free in an adult passenger’s lap as long as the adult is at least 15 years old.
- Purchase a seat on Frontier Airlines if your child is 2 years or older or if you have a second-lap infant.
By familiarizing yourself with Frontier Airlines rules for minors, you can ensure a smooth and enjoyable journey for your young travelers.
In conclusion, Frontier Airlines places great importance on the safety and well-being of young travelers. The Frontier Airlines unaccompanied minor policy ensures that passengers aged 15 years and above can travel independently, while children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult ticket on the same itinerary.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Frontier Airlines unaccompanied minors are typically required to present a valid form of identification, such as a passport, state ID, or school ID.
Passengers can request Frontier unaccompanied minor service over the phone by contacting Customer Service.
Yes, Frontier unaccompanied minor service is applicable for passengers aged 15 years and older. Minors under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult ticket on the same reservation.
Yes, Frontier Airlines may require minors to present valid identification. Children aged 2 years or older traveling on a paid seat generally require a passport or state ID card.
Yes, minors aged 15 years and above can fly alone on Frontier Airlines without the need for adult supervision.