Frontier Airlines pet policy offers the commitment to the passenger to keep their dogs, cats, and other pets safe and sound during the travel. If you would like to take your pet on the same flight as you, this post is for you.
We will discuss the restrictions, conditions applied to your pet while taking them on board or as luggage. Add to that, we will brief you on the policies that apply to emotional service animals, pet fees, how you can add a pet to your flight, and much more.
- Frontier Flying with Pets
- Frontier Airlines In Cabin Pet Policy
- Frontier Airlines ESA Pet Policy
- Frontier Airlines Dog Policy
- How Do I Add Pets to My Frontier Flight Booking?
- Frontier Pet Fees
- Frontier Pet Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Frontier Flying with Pets
Pets are restricted to travel in-cabin on international flights. Similar to that, there are certain points that you should consider before making a flight with your pet –
- The carrier accepts pets on a first-come, first-served basis, as per Frontier Airlines pet policy.
- A maximum of 6 pets are allowed on each scheduled flight.
- Passengers cannot carry more than one pet carrier on each booking.
- Pets to be checked in at the airport counter only.
- A pet’s boarding privileges may be revoked if it exhibits bad behavior. Some examples include – excessive barking, growling, consistent scratching, lunging, defecating, or urinating in the cabin or gate area.
In an attempt to follow these rules, make sure to know the guidelines applicable on checking in with your pet. For this reason, going through the Frontier Airlines check-in policy will be of use.
Frontier Airlines In Cabin Pet Policy
Small vaccinated domestic cats and dogs are allowed to travel in the cabin with you under the seat in front of you, as per Frontier Airlines pet policy.
Similarly, there are other policies and conditions you should know before making a pet reservation –
- Only certain types of animals are permitted in the cabin:
- Domesticated dogs and cats that must be at least 8 weeks or older.
- Domesticated dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, and small household birds are allowed on domestic flights.
- The following species are never accepted by the airlines: Large birds (parrots, macaws, cockatoos, birds of prey), rodents (mice, rats, squirrels), beavers, ferrets, reptiles (including snakes), amphibians, spiders, and insects are just a few examples.
- No lions, tigers, or bears are accepted by the airlines.
- Only domesticated dogs and cats are permitted to be transported to and from destinations outside the USA.
- All flights within the US, as well as international flights to and from the Dominican Republic and Mexico, allow pets in the cabin.
- When traveling with a pet, you are not permitted to sit in the first row or an exit row.
- Your pet must remain in the travel container at all times for safety reasons. If your pet becomes agitated, you must comfort them without taking them out of the pet container.
- It is requested to not offer any food or drink to your pet onboard. The jetlag, as well as the motion of the plane and other factors, may make your pet feel uneasy.
- In the event of an emergency, no oxygen will be provided to a pet.
- Your pet should be inconspicuous, odorless, and must not seek any attention while flying.
- All pets must be carried in the appropriate container, as indicated below.
Frontier Airlines Pet Carrier Dimensions
Before making a pet reservation, get yourself acquainted with the exact dimension of the pet carrier and all the other requirements –
- The airlines include a pet carrier with a maximum dimension of 18.5” long x 8.5” high x 13.5” wide. It must fit under the seat in front of the passenger.
- In addition to the pet carrier, passengers are allowed to carry hand luggage and one personal item.
- Leak-proof and well-ventilated pet carriers are required.
- Pet carriers with soft or hard sides that are specifically designed for pets are acceptable.
- The pet must stay in the container before as well as after the trip.
Frontier Airlines Pet Travel Requirements
We have compiled certain requirements as to what is accepted when you take your pet on domestic and international travel. The other requirements are also covered when your pets are entering the United States, as per the requirements mentioned under Frontier Airlines pet policy.
Domestic Travel – Frontier accepts pets on all domestic travel. In addition –
- Vaccination requirements for travel within the United States differ from state to state, hence no certification is required.
- Vaccination paperwork for pets traveling to Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands is required.
- Before traveling with a pet, you must understand the animal import rules and obtain the relevant papers.
To complete any of these requirements, in case time boundation is faced, using the Frontier flight change policy is suggested. Via it, you can reschedule your flight to a date by which these requirements can be met.
International Travel – According to the Frontier pet policy, the airline does not allow international travel for pets under any circumstances.
Pets entering the United States – To enter the United States, pets should be at least 16 weeks or older and have been rabies jabbed at least one month prior to travel. You need to present the vaccine certificate upon arrival and must be valid for the length of the stay. The certificate must include –
- Owner’s name and contact address
- Breed, sex, date of birth, color, and markings of the animal
- Number of microchips (if any)
- Date of vaccination, vaccine product information, and expiration date
- The veterinarian who provided the vaccination must provide his or her name, license number, address, and signature.
Frontier Airlines ESA Pet Policy
Under the new guidelines mentioned under the Frontier Airlines pet policy, only canines that have been trained to execute duties for the benefit of an eligible passenger with a disability will be approved as service animals. This also includes psychiatric service animals.
Similarly, there are other conditions that you need to know before booking the flight with your trained animal –
- Passengers flying with a service dog must fill out and submit the Frontier Airlines emotional support animals form, that declares the animal’s health, and all other attributes.
- Travelers must submit the Form no later than 48 hours prior to travel for reservations made beyond 48 hours in advance. Passengers who have made a reservation less than 48 hours in advance must submit the completed form to the airlines at the airport when they arrive.
- Only trained service animals will be allowed.
- The airline will only accept psychiatric service pets that have completed their training as trained assistance animals.
- The airline limits the number of service animals to two per disabled passenger.
- Comfort animals, companion animals, or any other untrained animals will not be accepted as service animals.
- A trained service animal must be trained to act correctly in public and be under the master’s control at all times in the airport and onboard by wearing a leash.
- Frontier will not accept service animals under the age of four months.
- Per person, just one pet is allowed in the cabin.
- Boarding may be denied to a service animal that engages in unruly conduct or poses a direct threat to the health or safety of other passengers.
- In compliance with the Frontier pet policy, animals who do not qualify as service are eligible to fly with the airlines for a fee.
Frontier Airlines Dog Policy
As per the Frontier dog policy, the airline transports dogs but there are conditions and restrictions that apply whether you’re carrying a pet or a trained service animal. Here are the following conditions and restrictions that will apply prior to the scheduled departure –
Traveling with dog in the passenger cabin –
- Permitted only for flights within the United States.
- Only dogs are permitted to the flight operated by Frontier Airlines.
- Your pet must be transported in an authorized kennel that fits comfortably under the front seat.
- You can reserve a seat for your pet in the passenger cabin at the same time as you book your own flight.
- Seat reservation inside the cabin is subject to a fee, as per the Frontier dog policy.
Transportation of dog as a checked bag –
- The total weight of the pet and the kennel must not exceed 70 pounds as per the Frontier Airlines baggage policy.
- If the total weight of your animal exceeds 70 pounds, the airline ships the pet via Cargo, and is subject to the tariffs based on the consignment .
- As per the Frontier Airlines dog policy, the pet will be loaded into the passenger flight’s luggage hold.
- You can book your dog under the checked baggage policy at the same time as you book your own flight.
Transportation Guidelines For Frontier Airlines Service Dog
As per the Frontier dog policy, you can take service animal on board, however the following requirement must be met –
- Please inform the airline’s agent at the airport that you are travelling with a service animal.
- The airline’s agent will ask you, “Is the animal required to accompany you on the grounds of disability?” and “What work or task has your animal been trained to perform for you?”
- Frontier Airlines service dog team will monitor the behavior of your pet so that it is safe and suitable. Service animals must be well-behaved, and if they become bothersome, they may be unable to travel.
- As per the Frontier Airlines service dog policy, they must be under the supervision of their owner. They need to be leashed all the time in the airport as well as on board.
- The service dog must be grounded and must not block the aisles or exist rows.
- As per the Frontier Airlines pet policy the airlines do not offer food, water, or pillows to the animals.
How Do I Add Pets to My Frontier Flight Booking?
You may reserve the travel for your pet online, via Frontier’s mobile app, or by contacting the airlines. Pet service would be considered as the travel extras.
Frontier Airlines Pet Reservation Online – Just like you add the luggage via Manage My Trip, you can simply book a pet to the same flight as yours. Visit flyfrontier.com, and –
- Retrieve your flight booking with a booking reference and last name on the Manage My Trip section
- Go to the ‘Add Pet’ link to proceed. Download and complete this form
- Pay the required service fee.
- Attach the heath certification and other medical declarations as required by the airlines.
- The tag ID for your pet would be generated.
- It will take at least 24 hours to authorize your request. You will receive a call from the airlines in order to complete the request.
Frontier Airlines Pet Reservation over the Phone – Dial the Frontier Airlines customer service phone number at . You would be asked to submit the vaccine certificates via email. Pay the required fees. Your request would be approved within 24 hours. If you have a flight in less than 24 hours, it is advisable to add a pet at the airport counter.
Frontier Airlines Pet Reservation at the Airport – To add the pet to your reservation hassle-free, you need to arrive at the airport at least 4 hours before flight departure. Visit the airline’s counter. Provide the certificates and complete the form. Pay the required fee. Present your pet at the security checkpoint for the screening.
Please note – Leak-proof and well-ventilated pet carriers are required. The pet must remain in the pet carrier at the time of boarding and disembarkation.
Frontier Pet Fees
As per Frontier Airlines pet policy, the reservation must be made in advance up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure. Passengers are required to pay 199 USD each way per pet carrier. In addition –
- The frontier Airlines pet fee is partially refundable
- The Frontier Airlines cancellation policy guides that passengers can apply for a refund if they cancel the reservation and choose not to rebook. Or, if the flight is canceled and the passenger chooses not to rebook.
- Frontier airlines pet cost is dynamic in nature
- Passengers need to bring their pets to the approved carrier on the day of travel.
- Before heading to the departure gate, proceed to the airport ticket counter to check your pet in and pay the Pet Fare.
In conclusion, if you want to travel hassle-free with your pet, you need to fulfill the above requirements. Adding a pet to your reservation may cost you an additional fee.
Frontier Pet Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As per the Frontier pet policy, small vaccinated domestic cats and dogs are allowed to travel in the cabin with you under the seat in front of you.
Your pet must remain in the travel container at all times for safety reasons. If your pet becomes agitated, you must comfort them without taking them out of the pet container.
Domesticated dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, and small household birds may be transported on domestic flights for a one-way service fee of 199 USD. Only domesticated dogs and cats are permitted to be transported to and from overseas locations. Your pet must remain in its travel container at all times for safety reasons. Pets are not permitted to be checked as luggage.
You need to fulfill certain requirements –
1. A pet kennel or carrier
2. Domesticated dogs and cats that must be at least 8 weeks or older.
3. A rabies vaccination certificate and mental health declaration by the authorized veterinarian along with his/her signature and license number.
As per the Frontier pet policy, dogs are only allowed in cabins. Dial the Frontier Airlines customer service. You would be asked to submit the vaccine certificates via email. Pay frontier pet fee. Your request would be approved within 24 hours. If you have a flight in less than 24 hours, it is advisable to add a pet at the airport counter.
All flights within the US, as well as international flights to and from the Dominican Republic and Mexico, allow pets in the cabin. Domesticated dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, and small household birds are allowed in the cabin.
Passengers are required to pay 199 USD each way per pet carrier.