Frontier Airlines prides itself on providing exceptional customer service, including special assistance to passengers who require extra help due to a disability or medical condition.
Whether you need wheelchair assistance, have a visual or hearing impairment, or require oxygen onboard, Frontier Airlines has dedicated staff and resources to ensure a safe and comfortable flight.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the Frontier special service and how you can request them for your upcoming flight.
- What conditions apply to the passengers traveling with Wheelchairs on Frontier Airlines?
- How will Frontier Airlines look after the passengers with Cognitive/Developmental disabilities?
- Under what circumstances, passengers can travel with a safety assistant on Frontier Airlines?
- What conditions will apply for passengers traveling with trained service animals on Frontier Airlines?
- What things to keep in mind when traveling with POC on board Frontier Airlines?
- Wheelchair assistance with Frontier Airlines
- How can I make a Frontier Airlines reservation for special assistance services?
What conditions apply to the passengers traveling with Wheelchairs on Frontier Airlines?
Frontier Airlines offers special assistance to passengers who require wheelchair assistance, including both manual and electric wheelchairs. Here are some conditions that apply to passengers traveling with wheelchairs on Frontier Airlines:
- Passengers who require Frontier wheelchair assistance should notify Frontier Airlines at least 48 hours before their scheduled departure time.
- Passengers are allowed to bring their own wheelchairs, as long as they meet the airline’s requirements for size, weight, and battery type. Battery-powered wheelchairs must be transported as Frontier-checked baggage.
- Frontier Airlines provides wheelchair assistance from check-in to the boarding gate and from the aircraft to baggage claim upon arrival. Passengers are advised to arrive at the airport early to allow enough time for this assistance.
- Passengers traveling with wheelchairs are assigned seats that are suitable for their needs, such as seats with movable armrests or seats with extra legroom.
- Frontier Airlines cabin crew is available to assist passengers with disabilities with tasks such as stowing carry-on luggage or navigating to the restroom. However, they cannot provide personal care or medical assistance.
- All wheelchairs and other mobility equipment are accepted as checked luggage.
- These items are not included in the passenger’s luggage allowance, and no additional fees for checked bags are charged.
- For battery-operated wheelchairs, spillable (wet cell) and non-spillable (dry cell) batteries must be removed from their device in accordance with federal requirements.
Passengers are encouraged to contact the airline directly to discuss their specific needs and make any necessary arrangements under Frontier special services before their flight.
How will Frontier Airlines look after the passengers with Cognitive/Developmental disabilities?
Frontier Airlines is committed to ensuring that passengers with cognitive or developmental disabilities receive equal access to its services, accommodations, and facilities.
The airline provides a range of assistance and accommodations to ensure that these passengers are able to travel safely and comfortably.
- Passengers with cognitive or developmental disabilities can request assistance at any point during their travel with Frontier Airlines.
- When arriving at the airport passengers who need help due to a cognitive or developmental disability should identify themselves or have someone else do so on their behalf.
- The airline provides various types of assistance, including pre-boarding assistance, onboard seating accommodations, and in-flight assistance.
- Additionally, passengers can request Frontier wheelchair assistance if needed.
- Frontier Airlines also provides additional support to passengers with cognitive or developmental disabilities who require it, including support for communication and personal care needs.
- Passengers can request a designated seating location, a travel companion, and assistance with navigating the airport.
Passengers can make their requests when booking their ticket or by contacting the airline’s Special Services team at least 48 hours before their scheduled flight.
Under what circumstances, passengers can travel with a safety assistant on Frontier Airlines?
Frontier Airlines allows passengers to travel with a safety assistant if they have a disability that prevents them from performing one or more of the safety-related tasks of air travel.
This includes passengers who have a mobility or communication disability, or who have a cognitive or developmental disability that affects their ability to understand or respond to safety instructions.
The situations or circumstances below require a safety assistant –
- Due to a mental illness, the passenger is unable to understand or follow Frontier’s staff’s safety instructions.
- In the event of an emergency, the passenger’s mobility limitation is so severe that he or she is unable to help with their own evacuation.
- Passengers have a severe visual or hearing impairment.
Frontier Airlines may require the safety assistant to purchase a ticket and sit in a seat adjacent to the passenger with a disability. However, the airline will waive the ticket cost for the safety assistant if there is no other seat available on the flight.
How does the Frontier Airlines Special Assistance service work for passengers with visual or hearing impairments?
What conditions will apply for passengers traveling with trained service animals on Frontier Airlines?
Frontier Airlines had the following conditions for passengers traveling with trained service animals:
- Only dogs and cats are accepted as service animals.
- Comfort animals, companion animals, or any other non-task-trained animals will not be accepted as service animals by Frontier.
- Passengers must complete Service Animal Air Transportation Form.
- The service animal must be trained to perform a task or service for a person with a disability.
- The passenger must provide documentation verifying that the animal is a trained service animal, which can include a letter from a licensed healthcare professional or a certification card from a recognized service animal organization.
- The animal must be able to fit at the passenger’s feet, under the seat, or in their lap (if the animal is small enough) without obstructing the aisle.
- Service animals in training are not accepted by Frontier.
- Each passenger is allowed one pet in the cabin.
- The animal must be well-behaved, fully trained psychiatric service dogs, and under the control of the passenger at all times, as per Frontier Airlines service dog policy.
- The passenger must ensure that the animal does not pose a threat or disturbance to other passengers.
- Animals under the age of 4 months are not accepted.
- The animal must have all required vaccinations and health certificates in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations.
Frontier Airlines reserves the right to deny transportation to a service animal that poses a direct threat to the health or safety of other passengers, crew members, or employees.
What things to keep in mind when traveling with POC on board Frontier Airlines?
If you are planning to travel with a Portable Oxygen Concentrator (POC) on board Frontier Airlines, here are some important things to keep in mind:
- Notify Frontier Airlines of your intention to travel with a POC at least 48 hours before your flight. You can do this by calling Frontier’s customer service team.
- You will need to provide medical documentation to Frontier Airlines that shows that you require the use of a POC during your flight.
- Make sure your POC batteries are fully charged before your flight, and that you have enough battery life to last the entire flight, plus some extra time in case of any delays.
- Your POC must be stowed securely under the seat in front of you, and not in an overhead bin. Make sure you have a bag that can accommodate the POC, and that it fits under the seat.
- Follow all safety requirements, such as turning off your POC during takeoff and landing, and when the pilot announces that electronic devices must be turned off.
- Arrive at the airport early, so that you have plenty of time to check in and go through security with your POC.
Passengers must submit the Portable Oxygen Concentrator Medical Authorization Form 30881 (PDF) or get a doctor’s note resolving the issues on the Frontier Medical Authorization form before departing.
If you need additional Frontier assistance, such as help with carrying your POC, notify Frontier Airlines in advance so that they can make the necessary arrangements.
Wheelchair assistance with Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines provides wheelchair assistance for passengers who require mobility assistance at the airport and during the flight. Here are some important things to keep in mind when requesting wheelchair assistance with Frontier Airlines:
- It is recommended to arrive at least two hours before domestic flights and three hours before international flights.
- Once you arrive at the airport, look for the wheelchair assistance desk or ask a Frontier Airlines representative for assistance. A wheelchair assistant will be assigned to you and will help you with Frontier Airlines check-in, security screening, and boarding the plane.
- You can make Frontier service request this service at the time of booking or at least 48 hours before your flight.
- If you have connecting flights, make sure to request wheelchair assistance for each leg of your journey.
- Frontier Airlines offers accessible seating on all its aircraft. If you require an accessible seat, make sure to request it in advance.
By following these guidelines, you can ensure that your travel with Frontier Airlines is as comfortable and stress-free as possible, even if you require Frontier wheelchair assistance.
How can I make a Frontier Airlines reservation for special assistance services?
To make a booking for Frontier special services, follow these steps:
- Call Frontier Airlines’ customer service team at le 801-401-9000.
- Let the customer service representative know what type of assistance you require, such as wheelchair assistance, assistance with boarding or deplaning, or help with stowing your carry-on baggage.
- Provide any necessary documentation, such as a doctor’s note, to confirm your need for special assistance services.
- Let the representative know whether you need a manual or electric wheelchair.
- If you require oxygen during the flight, let the representative know so they can provide you with information on Frontier Airlines’ policies and procedures for traveling with oxygen.
- Confirm your reservation and make any necessary payments.
By following these steps, you can make a Frontier Airlines reservation for special assistance services and ensure that your travel experience is as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
Frontier Airlines offers a range of special assistance services to ensure that all passengers have a comfortable and safe travel experience. Whether you require wheelchair assistance, assistance with oxygen, or an accessible seat, Frontier special service team is available to help.
Frequently Asked Questions – (FAQs)
Once you arrive at the airport, look for the special assistance desk or ask a Frontier Airlines representative for assistance. Explain your needs to proceed.
These services may include wheelchair assistance, assistance with boarding or deplaning, help with stowing carry-on baggage, and assistance with navigating the airport.
Contact Frontier Airlines at 801-401-9000 to make the request.
No. The airline provides wheelchair assistance free of charge to passengers who require it.
Contact Frontier Airlines. Request the DPNA code at the time of booking. Provide details about your specific needs, and confirm your reservation.
Disabled Passenger with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities Needing Accommodation is a special service request code used by airlines to identify passengers who require additional assistance or accommodations during their flight.
Frontier Airlines provides wheelchair or mobility assistance free of charge. However, if you require additional assistance such as a personal care attendant, oxygen service, or other special medical equipment, you may need to pay an additional fee.