With Iberia check in, you can get your boarding pass quickly whether you check-in online, through the app or at the airport counter without any hassles.
In this post, we will cover what it takes to complete the flight check-in, ways to accomplish the Iberia Airlines check in service, the terms and conditions to complete the check-in and much more.
Iberia Flight Check In Terms and Conditions
As per the Iberia check in policy, the passengers must arrive at the airport no later than 45 minutes before the domestic flight departure, and 1 hour before the international flight departure.
Passengers After the Successfully Checked In Online –
- For domestic travel, if carrying the check-in baggage, reach no later than 45 minutes before departure time at the baggage drop counter for document verification and acceptance of check-in baggage.
- If flying without the checked bag, proceed directly at the security gate, and reach the airport no later than 30 minutes before the closure of the boarding gate.
- With or without the check-in baggage, you must reach the bag drop counter 1 hour before the scheduled arrival for the international flight.
- In order to change the flight after the Iberia check-in, you need to cancel the check-in to complete the said request. To know more, review the Iberia flight change policy.
The Other Terms and Conditions –
- Passengers who checked in online and seeking special assistance should be at the airport’s online Check-in Bag Drop Counter 90 minutes prior to their flight’s departure time.
- Each passenger is allowed one piece of hand-carry baggage with a maximum dimension of 45 inches and a maximum weight of 7 g that can fit in the overhead bin or underneath the passenger’s seat.
- Dangerous or prohibited items must not be carried in the carry-on or checked baggage. To learn about the restricted items, read the Iberia Airlines baggage policy.
- Please arrive 1 hour prior to the flight departure time at the boarding gate. Except for flights departing from London Heathrow Airport, where the boarding gates close 30 minutes prior to flight departure. Else, for all domestic travel the boarding gates closes 15 minutes before departure.
- Passengers who fail to appear at the bag drop Counter or boarding gate on time may be offloaded by the airlines, as per the Iberia check in policy.
- For security, safety, regulatory, and operational reasons, the airlines maintain the right to change the seat if the aircraft is substituted or seat assignments are changed.
- Passengers seated on the emergency exit rows must adhere to all safety laws.
- Passengers must be fit to board the flight, and the declarations must be produced for all medical cases.
- The airline may contact the cardholder or passenger to confirm the reservation or to request the credit card used for payment.
- You must keep your boarding pass and the valid photo ID card handy at the airport.
- Passengers need to cancel the check-in first before canceling the flight reservation To know more about the flight cancellation, read Iberia Airlines cancellation policy.
Check In Time for Iberia Flights
As per the Iberia Airlines check-in policy, the airline suggests the check-in time to get you and your bag checked before the flight departs.
For Domestic Flights – 45 minutes before the scheduled departure.
For International Flight – 60 minutes before the scheduled departure.
Cut Off Times at Iberia Flight Check In Desks
If you are traveling to the United States or Latin America from Madrid, we recommend arriving 4 hours ahead of time for security reasons. Arrive 150 minutes before departure for all other destinations.
|Departures from Madrid||Standard time||Exceptions|
|Short and Medium-Haul Flights||45 minutes||Not Applicable|
|Charter Flights||15 minutes||20 minutes|
|Long-Haul Flights to Africa and Tel Aviv||55 minutes||Not Applicable|
|Departures from all other airports||Standard time||Exceptions|
|Short and Medium-Haul Flights||45 minutes||Not Applicable|
|Charter flights||15 minutes||20 minutes|
|Long-Haul Flights||60 minutes||120 minutes: Caracas, Cali & Medellín75 minutes: Buenos Aires, Santo Domingo, Ecuador & Peru40 minutes: Guatemala|
|Flights to Africa||60 minutes||Not Applicable|
To ensure that flights depart on time, we require that all passengers adhere to the Iberia check in time constraints. Passengers who do not complete the check-in procedures within the specified time limit will not be accepted for the flight, and the airfare would be forfeited.
Iberia Airlines Check In Options
Checking in online from the comfort of your own home or on your mobile device and you can get access to your boarding pass and seat number assignment. You can check in at the airport using the self-service check-in kiosks or at the counters if you prefer.
Iberia Web Check In
When you buy a flight ticket with Iberia, Iberia Express, or Air Nostrum, you may choose your seat and print your boarding card right away with Iberia check in online service.
If your cost does not include seat selection, you can still purchase in advance and get your boarding card in no time than you would spend at the airport.
The online check-in opens between 24 hours and 3 hours before the flight departure. Passengers can obtain Iberia airlines boarding pass up to 1 hour before the flight’s scheduled departure.
Please keep in mind that Iberia check in for flights to and from Cuba, El Salvador, the United States, the United Kingdom, Guatemala, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and China is only available 24 hours prior to your flight’s departure.
Iberia online check in can be completed in 5 easy steps – you need a desktop with internet connection.
- Search your flight reservation with the 6-digit booking code and the last name of the passenger.
- Select the flight you wish to check-in for.
- Choose and reserve your seat.
- Check all the information you request for the boarding pass.
- You have the option to print the boarding pass to PDF, or recieve the boarding pass to your email, or receive a text message with a link to see the boarding pass.
If you’re only carrying hand luggage, check to see the boarding gate details on the flight information screens and proceed straight to the gate after passing through the security checks, where you’ll be asked to produce your documentation.
Iberia Check In Online App
Just like the desktop website, you can follow the above steps to complete the Iberia airlines check-in through the mobile app.
The mobile check-in opens between 24 hours and 3 hours before the flight departure. Passengers can obtain Iberia airlines boarding pass up to 1 hour before the flight’s scheduled departure.
There are following circumstances that does ot allows passengers to use the online check-in –
- You will need to check in at the airport if your origin does not allow check-in through mobile.
- Codeshare flights are not qualified for this service.
- You will not be able to use the mobile check-in service if any of your flight segments is operated by Vueling.
- If your reservation involves a special service such as traveling with a pet, or unaccompanied minor.
- If passengers need to showcase their debit/credit card used at the time of booking.
- Reservation booked through sales channels other than the Iberia.
Iberia Airlines Check in at the Airport
Passengers who are unable to check-in online, can approach the Iberia check in counters at the airport.
For domestic flights, the check-in must be completed at the airport up to 45 minutes before departure. For international flights, the check-in must be completed up to 90 minutes before the scheduled departure.
Kiosk Pre Check In Iberia
Even before you set out, you may travel more comfortably. Save time by using the Iberia pre check in kiosk, that makes boarding a breeze.
Using the kiosk check in is quick and easy –
- Identify yourself and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select the seats, and confirm your selection to generate the boarding pass.
The kiosk check-in service can be used to travel to any Iberia destination provided that no passport is required or any other security or immigration requirements. If you need to check your luggage, arrive at the counter at least 45 minutes prior to the flight’s departure time.
Iberia Flight Check in Via Customer Service
You can complete the flight check-in by calling the Iberia customer service phone number. For domestic flights, the check-in opens between the 24 hours and 2 hours before the scheduled departure. The airline will send the boarding pass link on the registered email or through the text.
How to Get an Iberia Airlines Boarding Pass?
At the Iberia boarding time passengers have to show their boarding pass at the desk. They can easily get their boarding pass via various methods described below –
Iberia Boarding Pass on Mobile
You can show your boarding card on your phone and go straight to board the flight without any further documents. The mobile boarding permit is valid at the check-in counter, during security checks, and during boarding.
The mobile boarding pass is a two-dimensional code that comprises all flight information. You’ll also find important flight information so you can quickly identify it.
- First name and last name.
- Flight number
- Departure date
- Seat selected
- Boarding pass number
- Destination airport
- Departure time
Iberia Print Boarding Pass At the Airport
If you have baggage, you can use your mobile boarding pass at the Iberia check in desks, during security checks and at the boarding gates to board the plane. Simply swipe your mobile with the 2D picture on the screen as close to the mobile boarding pass reader and wait for a few seconds for a positive identification.
Fee for Iberia Airlines Check In
The Iberia check-in service is free of charge except if you utilize the service through phone or through the airport counter. The check-in fee varies with the domestic and the international travel –
|Iberia Web check in||Mobile check-in||Kiosk check-in||Phone check-in||Airport counter check-in|
|Domestic check-in fee (in USD)||Free||Free||Free||15||25|
|International Check-in fee (USD)||Free||Free||Free||30||50|
Iberia is a member of Star Alliance, the airline alliance that includes premier airlines from the globe . Clearly, Iberia has chosen to take its accommodation for connecting passengers seriously. We can recommend Iberia flight check in options to anyone who has a tight connection and needs to get it done. Be sure to use the mobile app!
Iberia Airlines Flight Check-In Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You have the option to upgrade your flight to Premium or Business Class provided that you complete the check-in 24 hours before the flight departure. Passengers would be able to buy a flight ticket for the higher class of service at a set price, depending on the travel route.
Iberia mobile boarding pass is now wallet enabled. You can check-in online or at the airport kiosk. The electronic boarding pass would be available in the wallet version. All you need to do is launch the wallet app and select the boarding pass from the stack. The boarding pass can be viewed from the home screen tile or the itinerary screen in the Iberia mobile app.
Passengers can check-in as early as 24 hours before the scheduled departure for domestic flight, and 48 hours prior for the international flight.
For domestic travel, if carrying the check-in baggage, reach no later than 45 minutes before departure time at the baggage drop counter for document verification and acceptance of check-in baggage. With or without the check-in baggage, you must reach the bag drop counter 1 hour before the scheduled arrival for the international flight.
Passengers need to cancel the check-in first before canceling the flight reservation. In order to change the flight after the Iberia check-in, you need to cancel the check-in to complete the said request.
Log in to the Iberia online check in starting 24 hours before the flight departure and start your individual check-in. You can check-in from the mobile app or through iberia.com. Select the option to generate the boarding pass. You will get the digital copy on your email address. Additionally, you will get the link on the text to access the boarding pass on your mobile.