Unexpected events may happen sometimes and at times our travel plans may change. With Iberia change booking policy, passengers have the flexibility to change their flight booking anytime before departure and assess minimal change fees. Let understand every in and out about the change policy and what it all takes to change the Iberia reservation –
- Iberia change fee in attribution to date/time, route, or name is non-refundable.
- As per Iberia Airlines change policy, in case of any fare difference, additional services or taxes shall be applicable as long as the price of the new fare is higher than the existing one. In case of a lower fare difference, the residual balance is non-refundable.
- Iberia change flight date request must be made up to 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure, provided that passengers have not completed their check-in request.
- Iberia change flight policy would be applicable on the flight booked through the Iberia airlines portal, through the Iberia airlines customer service phone number, or through the Iberia ticket office at the airport.
- Iberia airlines change flight requests subject to the availability of seats and class of service to be reserved.
- As per Iberia change booking policy, any additional travel expenses that may arise out of flight change requests shall be assessed by the passenger only.
- In the case of Iberia change reservation policy, all additional services that were initially purchased and those to which the passenger is entitled to the applicable policy may be included.
- Iberia Airlines change flight date request would be made by paying the applicable ‘change flight Iberia’ cost and any applicable fare difference.
- As per the Iberia Airlines change policy, there are no limitations to the number of date/time change requests as long as the Iberia airlines booking remains valid. Each time any change booking request is made, the applicable change fee, fare differences, additional services, and taxes must be paid.
- As per Iberia airlines change flight policy, all the additional travel services will be refunded if the said services or essentials are not available for the new flight route/date/time/destination.
- As per Iberia change booking policy, if a passenger purchased a Flex fare for any trip legs, all the flight change requests are subject to terms and conditions for the Flex fare.
- As per Iberia flight change policy, any change of route or destination would be subject to any applicable fare difference alongside Iberia airlines change fee.
- As per the Iberia ticket change policy, all the name change requests must be made by paying the applicable Iberia change fee. The ticket would be later sent to reissuance in the same or higher class of service. Fare differences may apply.
- As per Iberia flight change rules, the ticket holder’s name can be altered just once, and only due to marriage or any other legal compulsion.
- In case of a round trip reservation, the Iberia change flight request must be made before the commencement of the outbound flight.
Iberia Change Reservation Rules and Regulation
Here are the important highlights from the Iberia flight change rules –
- Once the trip has been initiated, passengers are not allowed to change the flight date, time, name, or destination, as per the Iberia change booking policy.
- If the passenger changes or corrects the name, and no flight is available, an Iberia change booking request will not be initiated.
- All the Flex fare passengers are exempted from the Iberia airlines change fee
- As per Iberia airlines change flight policy, if any of the traveler’s name was misspelled at the time when the passenger is ticketed, the passenger can call Iberia change flight contact number. The said Iberia change booking request would be applied free of charge. However, fare differences may be applicable.
- Any fare for flight booking purchased on www.iberiaexpress.com, and choose to book Express, Classic, Flex, or Business fare, passengers are allowed to change the flight and shall be liable for Iberia change fee, depending upon the fare package chosen.
- After completing the Iberia change flight date request, passengers have to redo any meals, seat assignments,or special requests that have already been booked.
- If passengers purchased hotel booking, car hire or travel insurance, or a combination of all of them, the travel essentials will not alter automatically. To change Iberia flight booking for these services, passengers need to contact their service provider automatically.
Iberia Same Day Flight Change Policy
As per Iberia airlines change flight policy, passengers can request a flight change within 24 hours of the originally scheduled departure time, and can only fly within Europe, North America, and trans-Atlantic regions.
Same-day confirmed Iberia change flight request – if the seat is available in the originally purchased class of service, passengers can change the confirmed seat on a new flight –
- Iberia same day flight change fee of 75 USD for domestic flights and 150 USD for international flights. No fare difference shall apply.
- If the passenger has a refundable fare from Iberia airlines, no fee would be applicable
- Iberia same day flight change from connection to non-stop are not permitted
- Basic fares are not eligible for same-day confirmed travel changes.
Iberia same-day flight change stand-by – if the same-day flight changes are not available under any circumstances, passengers get eligible for stand-by for the next available flight where passengers can wait for an open seat on a different flight.
Iberia Change Reservation within 24 Hours
Change of plans? We understand. With the Iberia ticket change 24 hours policy, passengers are allowed to change the flight within 24 hours of booking without any change fee provided the scheduled departure date must be at least 7 days at the time of making changes. No Iberia change flight fee would be assessed, no fare difference would apply. Here are the terms and conditions under the Iberia ticket change 24-hour policy –
- The Iberia change booking 24 hours policy applies to the ticket booking at iberia.com, Iberia airlines ticket offices, and Iveria customer service phone number.
- Outside 24 hours, Iberia change flight fee would not be applicable, only fare difference applies.
- No group bookings are eligible for 24 hours changes and are subject to the Iberia ticket change group policy.
- Tickets purchased using gift certificates, and e-travel certificates are excluded from this policy.
Iberia Airlines Change Flight Types
Here are the following booking component that will allow passengers to apply for Iberia change flight requests –
Iberia Change Flight Time
As per Iberia airlines change flight policy, passengers are allowed to change the flight time provided it is subject to change fee and fare difference, if applicable. Within 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure, no flight changes are allowed. In case of a lower fare difference, the difference in the fare will not be refunded to the passenger
Iberia Same Day Flight Change
As per Iberia change booking policy, beginning 24 hours before departure time, passengers can change the flight schedule for the same day as travel and is subject to availability as the flight need to depart on the same day, to and from the same airports, and must have the same number of stop(s) as the original flight.
Iberia Airlines Change Flight Date
As per Iberia express change flight policy, passengers are allowed to change the date online via the Manage Booking section and need to complete the request up to 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure. At the checkout page, passengers need to pay the change Iberia flight cost. After the successful Iberia ticket change request, passengers need to self-check-in again once they upgrade the flight itinerary.
Iberia Airlines Change Seats
As per Iberia change reservation policy, all the preferred seats such as extra legroom seats and premium economy upgrade are non-refundable provided the passenger is making the itinerary change within 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure. Passengers are not allowed to alter seat selection after check-in.
Iberia Change or Correct Name
As per the Iberia Airlines name change policy, all the name change requests must be made by paying the applicable Iberia ticket change fee. The ticket would be later sent to reissuance in the same or higher class of service. Fare differences may apply. All name change requests are subject to the Iberia airlines flight change fee.
Iberia Airlines Change Fee
The Iberia change fee would be applied to each passenger on the reservation, as the amount of fee remains identical for each passenger. The Iberia airlines ticket change fee for each ticket would be paid would be determined according to the class of services and the fare type, such as –
Iberia airlines change flight fee for Economy Class –
|Fee Structure||Basic||Optimal||Comfort||Optimal Flex||Flexible|
|Iberia change flight fee||200 USD + any fare difference||200 USD + any fare difference||First Change free, second and subsequent changes at 200 USD per passenger + any fare difference||First Change free, second and subsequent changes at 200 USD per passenger + any fare difference||First Change free, second and subsequent changes at 200 USD per passenger + any fare difference|
Iberia airlines change flight fee for Premium Class –
|Iberia change flight fee||First Change free, second and subsequent changes at 200 USD per passenger + any fare difference||First Change free, second and subsequent changes at 200 USD per passenger + any fare difference|
Iberia airlines change flight fee for Business Class –
|Iberia change flight fee||First Change free, second and subsequent changes at 300 USD per passenger + any fare difference||First Change free, second and subsequent changes at 300 USD per passenger + any fare difference|
How to Change the Iberia Flight?
Passengers can change the flight with Iberia airlines with the help of three following methods –
Iberia Change Flight Online
Here are the step-by-step method that helps change the Iberia flight online –
- Visit iberia.com, and click on the Manage Booking section
- Enter the booking code along with the surname of the passenger to access the booking
- Select the flight itinerary and tap on the ‘Change’ button to proceed.
- Enter the new travel date, time, or destination, or combination of all of them as per your travel needs.
- As per Iberia change booking policy, all flight change requests are subject to Iberia airlines change fee alongside applicable fare difference.
- Pay the required Iberia change flight cost at the checkout page. Wait for the payment to get successful, as passengers will receive the Iberia change booking request on their registered email.
Iberia Change Flight over the Phone
Here are the step-by-step method that helps change the Iberia flight over the phone –
- Dial the Iberia change flight contact number +1-844-673-0381, and wait for assistance from the flight executive
- Provide your Iberia booking confirmation that will allow flight executives to retrieve your booking
- Provide the new travel dates/time/destination or combination of all of them.
- As per Iberia change booking policy, all flight change requests are subject to Iberia airlines ticket change fee alongside applicable fare difference.
- The agent will let you know the new flight itinerary and an applicable change flight Iberia cost with each flight option. Passengers can pay the required amount with a debit/credit card over the phone.
- Once the payment is successful, passengers will get the new Iberia airlines change flight date confirmation on their registered email. Passengers need to check in again for the new flight segments selected.
Iberia Airlines Schedule Change Policy
In case of any flight delay, or any major schedule change which is attributed directly to the airline, Iberia airlines offer assistance and compensation to its passenger in the following manner –
Denied Boarding – In a situation where the number of passengers exceeds the aircraft capacity, Iberia Airlines offer compensation to the passenger who has been denied boarding against their wishes in the form of –
- Travel credit of the full value of the unused portion of the booking remains valid up to one year from the date of flight cancellation.
- Iberia airlines change flight compensation
- A free Iberia ticket change without any additional cost
In case of boarding denial, the Iberia airlines compensation would be as follows –
- 400 USD if the flight distance from point A to point B is less than 1500 km
- 500 USD if the flight distance between point A to point B is between 1500 and 3500 km
- 600 USD if the flight distance between point A and point B is more than 3500 km
In case if the airline arranges the flight for the passenger, and the passenger reaches the final destination no less than 3 hours, the Iberia airlines change flight compensation would be reduced by half –
As per Iberia Change booking policy, the passengers are also entitled to on-site care such as –
- Meals and refreshments
- Overnight stay if the alternate flight is scheduled on the following day
- Complimentary airport transfer
- Reimbursement in the form of travel credit of the booking value in relation to the unused value of the ticket
Schedule Change and Flight Delays
As per Iberia change flight policy, passengers are entitled to get the refreshments in relation to the passenger’s waiting time if the said flight delay or the delay changes lasts for two hours or more
- For more than two hours in case of flights of flight distance which is less than 1500 km
- For more than three hours if the distance is between 1500 and 3500 km
- For more than four hours if the distance is more than 3500 km
If the given flight departure is delayed for the next day, the airline will offer –
- Meals and refreshments voucher
- Free access to international calls and the internet
- Complimentary airport transfer