Amid the ongoing Covid-19 situation, the government guidelines and VivaAerobus check-in policy, the airlines mandate online check-in. It is now available from 72 hours to 01 hours prior to the scheduled departure for flights within Mexico and 48 hours to 02 hours prior to departure for flights outside Mexico (international sectors).
The airlines charge for seat selection at the time of web check-in, and the seat map is available within 24 hours of flight departure. 75 USD would be charged as a facilitation fee to request VivaAerobus flight check-in over the phone. To request the check-in at the airport, a fee of 100 USD would be assessed for the international sector and 50 USD for the domestic sectors.
Check-in VivaAerobus: Things to Remember
Here are the following things to consider before completing the VivaAerobus flight check-in request –
- Considering the pandemic situation, if passengers check-in at the airport they need to report at least 4 hours prior to the flight departure.
- VivaAerobus web check-in is available 72 hours to 01 hours prior to the scheduled departure for flights within Mexico and 48 hours to 02 hours prior to departure for flights outside Mexico (international sectors).
- The airline assesses a seats selection fee at the time of check-in which is to be completed up to 12 hours prior to the scheduled departure. Within 12 hours, the airline restricts the seats selection option and offers the seats to the passenger of their own choice.
- For flights within Mexico, only one piece of checked baggage is permitted up to 23 kg and one piece of the carry-on bag up to 7 kgs per passenger.
- Passengers must have the idea of international travel protocols and restrictions before flying to these states.
- The health form will be downloaded at the time of web check-in. This form must be filled and ‘Agreements’ must be acknowledged prior to the VivaAerobus boarding pass being issued.
- Passengers who have already completed the online check-in, and need to request VivaAerobus cancellation up to 2 hours prior to the flight departure by calling the airline at +1-844-673-0381 or by visiting the airline counter at the airport.
- The unaccompanied minor form can be assessed from the website under ‘Terms & Conditions’ where the forms can be downloaded. Fill in the details and upload the forms on ‘Manage Booking’. The unaccompanied minor check would be done at the airport, as per VivaAerobus check-in policy.
VivaAerobus Check-in Options
Essentially reserving a flight doesn’t imply that your travel is sorted. You actually need to arrive at the airport terminal, stand by in a long line to get checked in, and afterward overcome security. What if we tell you can easily get rid of the most important step while traveling –
That is the place where different check-in options become possibly the most important factor. Further, travelers can utilize these options zeroing in on making the whole check-in process hassle-free and fast to ensure the convenience of all their customers.
There are numerous ways of checking in for your VivaAerobus flight, contingent upon what options you have available –
Check-in VivaAerobus At The Airport
Here are the following ways that will allow you to check-in at the airport –
VivaAerobus Airport Check-in
The plus part of check-in your flight at the airline counter is that you can make all your requests right here – from check-in to additional baggage to baggage tag and to request any special service. The only negative part is there may be long queues that can prove to be inconvenient and frustrating if you are taking a flight during peak hours, and you are not an elite status member.
The VivaAerobus flight check-in at the airport is comfortable for those who opt for modern check-in procedures such as Curbside check-in, kiosk check-in as well as those with luggage.
Curbside Check-in – This check-in service offered by the airline is similar to the airport counter check-in. However, the only difference is the Curbside service desk is installed at the airport’s concourse, close to the entrance or the vehicle parking area.
It allows passengers to sign in and drop off the checked baggage before actually stepping into the airport. At Curbside, passengers can also pay for the additional baggage, as well as request the change and the class of service upgrade. Passengers can print VivaAerobus boarding passes at the Curbside counter, thus allowing passengers to head straight to the airport, as there are likely to be fewer queues for using the service.
Kiosk Check-in – Kiosk check-in is similar to the online check-in with VivaAerobus, but it is undertaken at a dedicated computer terminal located at the airport’s premises. All you need to do is enter the booking reference, frequent flyer number, your name or scan a printed travel ticket. The whole process can be completed at the airport by following the on-screen instruction. After submitting all the required details, the machine issues the boarding pass. It is the ideal option for those traveling with hand luggage only.
Alternative for Vivaaerobus Check-in Online
The other option is passengers can complete the check-in request via desktop as well as a mobile app.
Web Check-in VivaAerobus – Passengers can simply check-in through web.vivaaerobus.com make a selection of the seat online and print the boarding pass. If the passenger has baggage to pay and deposit, passengers are requested to report in advance before check-in closure at the airport. Here are the passengers who are eligible for online check-in –
- The facility is available for passengers with a confirmed reservation and who fulfill the check-in window criteria.
- Passengers who booked flight tickets at the airline’s website, via mobile app, or through any third-party travel website
- A passenger who is 16 years or older
- Only on the flight operated and marketed by the said airlines only
VivaAerobus Check-in App – Download the VivaAerobusMobile App from App Store for iPhone and Google Play for Android smartphones and you will not only be able to complete the said request but also choose your seat, check the flight schedule, contact customer timetable data, and access our contact customer service desk. You would be issued the VivaAerobus mobile boarding pass and you can save it on your phone.
VivaAerobus Check-in Time & Airport Processing Schedule
The passengers need to abide by the following guidelines as per –
- For most flights operated within Mexico, passengers without checked baggage must check-in at least 30 minutes before departure
- For flights operated within Mexico, passengers with checked baggage must check-in at least 45 minutes before departure.
- All international operated flights, passengers must check up to 120 minutes before scheduled departure regardless of whether or not they are checking baggage.
- Flights to and from South America, passengers must check up to 90 minutes before scheduled departure regardless of whether or not they are checking baggage.
Here are the following airports with minimum VivaAerobus check-in time required –
|Airport||Minimum check-in times for nonstop international flights with or without checked baggage (minutes before departure time)||Check-in times for flights with checked baggage (minutes before departure time)||Minimum check-in times for flights with carry-on baggage only (minutes before departure time)|
|Toronto (YYZ)||60 minutes||45 minutes||45 minutes|
|Honolulu (HNL)||75 minutes||45 minutes||30 minutes|
|Lima (LIM)||60 minutes||45 minutes||45 minutes|
|Aguadilla (BQN):||60 minutes||30 minutes||30 minutes|
|Salt Lake City (SLC)||60 minutes||45 minutes||45 minutes|
|San Juan, PR (SJU)||60 minutes||45 minutes||45 minutes|
How to Complete VivaAerobus Flight Check-in?
Passengers can complete the VivaAerobus check-in online via the desktop website as well as through the app –
VivaAerobus Check-in Web
Follow these steps to complete the online check-in via the airline’s website –
- On the website web.vivaaerobus.com use any of the below options to complete the request that will land you directly at the online check-in page –
- Web check-in tab on Home Page
- Quick link on the footer
- Check-in option under the My Trip section
- Retrieve your booking by entering PNR/Booking Reference and the Last Name. Enter the CONFIRM button to proceed.
- Click on the ‘Check-in for my flight’ link
- On the next page, select your preferred seat on the given seat map, subject to the airline’s fee and availability.
- After check-in, print your VivaAerobus boarding pass.
VivaAerobus Check-in Digital App
Follow these steps to complete the mobile check-in for your flight –
- Launch the airline’s mobile app and tap the check-in link
- You can also tap the My Trip section, and retrieve the check-in option from there.
- Enter the Booking Reference/eTicket number and Last Name in the required field and tap the CONFIRM button to proceed.
- Select the flight itinerary and tap NEXT to retrieve eth seat map
- Choose your preferred seat on the given seat map, subject to the airline’s fee and availability.
- Your mobile boarding pass would be generated. You can send it to your email as well as save a copy on your smartphone.