Virgin Atlantic is one of the well-known British airlines, it is headquartered in West Sussex, England. It covers up 33 destinations around the globe and it has a fleet size of 46.
Sometimes, we encounter a situation where we may need to change or cancel our flight booking with an airline. Passengers who book tickets through Virgin Atlantic enjoy the hassle-free service of changes and amendments in the flight reservation. But before availing this service, you must know all ins and outs of the Virgin Atlantic change flight policy. Read below and understand the change flight policy and all its aspects in detail. Having the pre-knowledge of policy will make you a smart passenger and you will experience a smooth and convenient process.
How to Change my flight with Virgin Atlantic?
When a passenger faces an unavoidable situation where he/she needs to change the flight reservation then, the first question to come in his/her mind will be “how to change my flight with Virgin Atlantic?”. No worries, with Virgin Atlantic you get both options, online as well as the offline method for making changes and amendments in the flight reservation. Passengers can choose any of the available methods for raising a flight change and amendment request according to their preference and convenience. You get total flexibility to manage your bookings with Virgin Atlantic through both the methods(online and offline). Virgin Atlantic provides dedicated staff members and representatives to its customers/passengers for support and guidance in the process of the flight change or resolving any other booking related query.
Virgin Atlantic online flight change:
This method can be said as the most convenient and easy one for getting changes and amendments done in the flight reservation. Through the online method, passengers can either choose the official website or the mobile app for making changes and amendments in the flight reservation. Both the website and the mobile app are designed in such a manner that every passenger/customer will find it easy & convenient to use and understand. All the offered services and facilities of Virgin Atlantic are just a few clicks away from the passenger/customer. The website and mobile app of the Virgin Atlantic offers a user-oriented platform for availing its services and any age-grouped person will find all the functionalities easy to use.
Steps for online flight change:
- Visit the official website of the Virgin Atlantic(https://www.virginatlantic.com/).
- Now, find the option of “My Bookings” on the menu and click on it.
- Enter the booking reference number and the last name of the ticketed passenger in the provided field.
- Now, the system will retrieve your itinerary on the basis of your booking reference.
- When your ticket is displayed on the system, you can make changes in the flight, date or destination.
- All the changes and amendments are dependent on the purchased fare’s terms and conditions.
- When you complete the process of the changes/amendments, save and submit it.
- Now, checkout and make the online payment for the change fee/penalty(if applicable) and the fare difference of the flights(if any).
- In the end, make sure to check for the new flight reservation confirmation on the email or phone.
Virgin Atlantic offline flight change:
Many passengers prefer the traditional way of booking and managing flights with an airline. With Virgin Atlantic, passengers/customers get the offline facility as well to change flights and manage bookings as per their convenience. Any passenger/customer can choose to visit the booking centre/kiosk of the airlines at the nearest airport or call on the Virgin Atlantic flight change contact number- 1-855-635-3039 for the request of changes and amendments in the flight reservation. You will get al support and guidance from the dedicated staff members and representatives of the Virgin Atlantic. They provide assistance for solving each and every query of the passenger/customer.
What is the Virgin Atlantic Cost to Change Flight?
Virgin Atlantic offers its customers/passengers with multiple fare options and every fare category has different terms and conditions for the applicable change fees and penalties. Some of the fares do not allow any flight change but some do, depending on the respective policies. Read below some important points to know the Virgin Atlantic cost to change a flight.
- The tickets can be cancelled or changed within 24-hours of the original purchase and no change/cancellation fee or penalty is charged for this service.
- Customers/passengers can raise a request for the changes and amendments in their flight reservation with Virgin Atlantic, but the terms and conditions of the respective fare category will be applicable.
- There is no certain fixed amount for the changes/amendments or cancellations with the Virgin Atlantic airlines as different terms and conditions follow for the different fare types.
Virgin Atlantic Same-Day Flight Change:
Passengers/customers can enjoy the Virgin Atlantic same-day flight change service within the 24 hours window provided by the airlines. Amendments and changes can be made in the flight reservation on the original date of scheduled flight as per the reservation details. Virgin Atlantic strictly does not accept any request for changes and amendments in the flight reservation if the original departure time of flight is in less than one hour.
The Virgin Atlantic same day flight change service is not offered with any of the long-hauled flights.
The new flight selected by the customer/passenger should cover up the same routes and should be in between the same airports as per the original booking/reservation.
If any passenger/customer has already checked in through any of the available methods (online, offline or mobile app) then, he/she is not offered with any earlier flight change option.
Any change fees/penalties(if applicable) and the difference of flight fares(if any) are to be paid by the passenger/customer according to the terms and conditions of the Virgin Atlantic airlines.