Emirates pet policy ensures a service specifically designed to provide your pets with the highest level of attention, regardless of the class of service and the travel route you prefer.
The Emirates pet travel team will ensure that your pet receives the best treatment to ensure hassle-free travel whether they travel in the cabin, or as a checked bag.
In this post, we will understand how you can make the most of Emirates airlines pet travel service. Not just that we have covered the conditions and travel restrictions for pet in the cabin, cargo service, and more.
- Travel Acceptance for Service Dogs in Cabin with Emirates
- Flying with a Service Dog in Cabin
- How to Book a Flight for a Service Dog?
- Travel to and from the US
- Travel Acceptance for Animals in Cabins
- Pet Travel with Emirates Airlines as Checked Luggage
- Travel Restriction for Pets Flying with Emirates
- Emirates Pet Travel Cost as Excess Baggage
- Additional Guidelines for Transporting Animals with Emirates
- Transportation of Pets under Emirates Pet Cargo Services
- Requirements under Emirates Skycargo Pet Service
- Key Features of Emirates Pet Transport Service as Cargo
- Emirates Cargo Service for Pet Shipping
- Breeds that are not allowed in Cargo Service
- Travel Restrictions under Emirates Pet Service as Cargo
- Documents Required for Emirates Pet Cargo Service
- Emirates Pet Cargo Cost
- How to Book a Reservation for Pets Travelling in Cargo?
- Emirates Airlines Pet Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Travel Acceptance for Service Dogs in Cabin with Emirates
As per the Emirates pet policy, the airline only allows service dogs and guide dogs in the cabin with any pet fee. In addition –
- Pets fly with you in the cabin or as cargo in a designated part of the aircraft hold, depending on the route. You’ll have to pay an extra baggage fee if you’re taking a service dog.
Flying with a Service Dog in Cabin
The pets on Emirates airlines are permitted to fly direct from Dubai and countries in the European Union. The same travel condition is applicable for the flights between Dubai and the US/Canada route. In addition –
- Your dog must be able to travel without obstructing aisles or emergency exits in order to fly.
- If flying with pets in the cabin, the Emirates do not offer you exit row seats due to safety concerns.
How to Book a Flight for a Service Dog?
If you book an in-cabin trip for your pet, passengers need to inform the airline at least 48 hours before the scheduled departure. Please get in touch with the Emirates who can go through the details with you.
Travel to and from the US
If travelling with an service animal on the flight to and from the US, passengers to need to bring –
- US Department of Transportation Service Animal Form. In this form, passengers need to attest the animal’s health, training, and behavior.
- If the flight duration is more than 8 hours, passengers need to submit a US Department of Transportation Service Animal Relief Attestation Form. This is to certify that the dog can do so in a hygienic way and will not relieve itself in the aircraft.
After downloading and finishing the forms, kindly submit them here for Emirates pet transport team’s inspection. The airline will then get in touch with you to ask if you want to ensure that this is verified before you go.
Travel Acceptance for Animals in Cabins
As per Emirates pet travel policy, the airlines do not allow animals in the cabin with the exception of guide dogs for the blind and falcons between Dubai and Pakistan route.
Pet Travel with Emirates Airlines as Checked Luggage
As per the Emirates pet policy, falcons, cats, dogs, and pet birds can be transported as checked baggage in the hold for itineraries departing from Dubai and going to nations that permit animals to enter as excess baggage. In addition –
Flight duration – The total flight duration must be within 17 hours and meet all the necessary requirements. In addition –
- The whole travel duration includes around an hour for airport check-in before departure and an additional hour for animal delivery at the destination’s arrivals hall.
- In the event that the flight connection takes more than six hours, animals travelling through Dubai must also be transported as cargo.
Pet policy with other airlines – Pet transportation on itineraries involving other airlines is not Emirates’ duty. In addition –
- Other airlines may have different baggage policies that will apply to all the flights on your itinerary other than Emirates.
Travel Restriction for Pets Flying with Emirates
The number of dogs you can bring on Emirates flights is unrestricted. In addition –
- If the animals are accustomed to living together, two animals are permitted who must be at least 4 months old. They must be of equivalent size and weight, each weighing up to 14kg, and may be transported in the same container.
- Each animal weighing more than 14 kg must travel in its own container.
- According to UAE government laws, animals must be shipped under Emirates pet cargo service on all routes that arrive in Dubai. And, should not be accepted as checked baggage.
Please be aware, though, that some nations do have limits on the quantity of animals that can be brought into or out of the country. For instance, there is a limit of two pets per client for animal imports into Europe. We suggest that you check the laws of your destination before departing.
Emirates Pet Travel Cost as Excess Baggage
For all travel routes, the Emirates pet fee and pet carrier will depend upon the weight and size of the animal. The fees will always be charged, even if you travel without any checked baggage. Please be aware of the following size and weight limitations for animals checking in as luggage:
|Animal + cage||Price (in USD)|
|When the animal and cage combined do not exceed 23kg and 59 inches||500|
|When the animal and cage combined weigh between 24 ‑ 32kg and dimensions between 59 -118 inches||650|
|When the animal and cage combined weigh over 32kg and dimensions between 59 -118 inches||800|
|When the cage dimensions exceed dimensions 118inces||Cargo|
|When travelling into Dubai||Cargo|
|If the total journey time exceeds 17 hours||Cargo|
|When destined for a country that DOES NOT allow live animal as check‑in baggage||Cargo|
Please be aware that animal transportation has different rates, documentation needs, and prices than standard excess baggage.
Additional Guidelines for Transporting Animals with Emirates
Before your departure date, please book and pay for the Emirates airlines pet travel service as hold luggage. In addition –
- There are some limitations on the kinds of animals that Emirates will transport as baggage hold.
- Pets and any other animals listed under CITES must be carried as cargo.
- Certain species of cats and dogs are also subject to further restrictions, such as import prohibitions. For further information on prohibited breeds of cats and dogs, please get in touch with your nearest Emirates office.
- Pets will be housed in an air-conditioned area during the connection in Dubai. The passengers, ground handlers, and airline representatives will not have access to the pet at the time of connection.
- No birds (apart from a few falcons) may be approved for passage via Dubai between May and September every year due to the extreme heat and humidity in the UAE.
- All animals permitted for transportation by Emirates must possess a current health certificate and an import permission issued by the country of destination. it also includes any applicable vaccination records.
- As per Emirates Airways pet policy, If a pregnant animal is more than one third (1/3) of the way through its typical pregnancy or has just given birth within 48 hours of the scheduled departure, the airline will not accept it for transportation.
Transportation of Pets under Emirates Pet Cargo Services
Emirates SkyCargo features temperature-controlled facilities for live animals, pets travelling to and from Dubai, as well as pets flying with connection in Dubai.
Requirements under Emirates Skycargo Pet Service
Under the Emirates airlines pet cargo service, animals that require feeding, watering, or medication administration during transportation must be scheduled as cargo with a minimum 6-hour connecting flight.
Key Features of Emirates Pet Transport Service as Cargo
The temperature-controlled hold of the aircraft is always used for pets. Also, special care is taken to ensure that they are the last to board and the first to be unloaded upon arrival to guarantee protection from the weather. Some of the features include –
- There is a dedicated transit aea for pets under cargo service at Dubai airport.
- There is a dedicated 24/7 Emirates pet travel service team responsible to review full details of the pet, pet kennel details, and medical and veterinary reports.
- Professional transit care in Dubai
- 24/7 veterinary service available in Dubai
Emirates Cargo Service for Pet Shipping
To ensure that the transportation of pets meet the appropriate travel guidelines, here’s what the Emirate cargo team offers –
|At Origin||Emirates Pet||Emirates Pet Plus|
|Collection from home||No||Yes|
|Local travel documents, including import/export permits and veterinary certificates||No||Yes|
|Vet support/assistance at Animal Care area in Dubai||Yes||Yes|
|Boarding (if required)||No||Yes|
|Kennels (if required)||No||Yes|
|Kennel cleaning (if required)||No||Yes|
|At Destination||Emirates Pet||Emirates Pet Plus|
|Import customs clearance, local authority registration||No||Yes|
|Boarding (if required)||No||Yes|
|Delivery to selected end-destination||No||Yes|
Breeds that are not allowed in Cargo Service
As per Emirates pet policy, the following cat and dog breeds are not permitted for transport on Emirates Sky Cargo. This helps your pet to relax, receive drink, stretch, and be well supervised before taking off.
|Affenpinscher||King Charles Spaniel|
|American Cocker Spaniel||Lhasa Apso|
|Bulldog (all types)||Pekingese|
|Bullmastiff||Pit Bull Terrier|
|Cane Corso||Presa Canario|
|Cavalier King Charles Spaniel||Pug (all types)|
|Chihuahua (apple headed)||Shar-Pei|
|Chow Chow||Shih Tzu|
|Dogo Argentino||Staffordshire Bull Terrier|
|Dogue de Bordeaux||Tibetan Spaniel|
|Exotic Shorthair||Selkirk Rex|
|Exotic Fold (Foldex)|
Travel Restrictions under Emirates Pet Service as Cargo
The following travel restrictions applies to the dogs and cats under Emirates pet travel policy –
- Any dog or cat must be 15 weeks old or older.
- The age restrictions may get increased to 27 weeks if the pet is departing from a ‘high risk’ nation.
Documents Required for Emirates Pet Cargo Service
As per Emirates pet policy, the airline requires an attested copy of the Customer Acknowledgement Form with every shipment. Apart from travel requirements for Origin & Destination points, passengers needs to submit the following –
- Dedicated form for acceptance and authorisation
- Medical and veterinary health certificates
- Fly to fly statements
- The Emirates pet cargo crew must be given a 24-hour emergency contact number, which must always be displayed on the animal’s transport container.
Emirates Pet Cargo Cost
For all travel routes, the Emirates pet cargo prices and pet carrier will depend upon the weight and size of the animal. Please be aware of the following size and weight limitations for animals under cargo travel :
|Animal + cage||Price (in USD)|
|When the cage dimensions exceed dimensions 118inces||750|
|When travelling into Dubai||900|
|If the total journey time exceeds 17 hours||1050|
|When destined for a country that DOES NOT allow live animal as check‑in baggage||1200|
How to Book a Reservation for Pets Travelling in Cargo?
To book pet reservation under cargo service, visit skycargo.com. Or you can simply email your concern at [email protected]. You can also contact the local Emirates Sky Cargo office for more details.
The Emirates pet policy ensures a safe and hassle-free travel for your little furry friends. Make sure that you know what the rules are and ensure you follow them to the letter, so you avoid complications when travelling with your pet. It is important that you take the time to read all of the details pertaining to the travel guidelines, and type of pet travel service.
Emirates Airlines Pet Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As per Emirates Airways pet policy, falcons are authorised to fly in-cabin between particular places, however domestic cats and dogs are not allowed inside the cabin. Passengers can also transport the pet under the baggage hold as well as in the cargo.
Yes, under Emirates Sky Cargo, your pets can travel on your own. To fly by itself, your pet must be in a pet container that has been authorised. Emirates does sell kennels in Dubai if you’re having problems finding one on your own.
No. If the animal is certified as a service dog or a guide dog, they can travel in the cabin without paying any Emirates pet travel cost.