Ryanair name change policy allows passengers to correct as well change the name. Its formation is on the basis of understanding the concern of travelers in such situations. The policy works through certain guidelines. Mainly, they can include terms with respect to time duration, the type of change, applicable fees/charges, etc. As you comply with them, you can correct or edit the personal details as you require on flight tickets and relative documents..
What is Ryanair Name Change Policy?
The policy to change your name on the Ireland-based carrier comprises rules. They guide you to make several changes mainly to the name on your flight ticket. As per the policy, you need to keep in mind that the information on the ticket must be exactly the same as it appears on your passport or government-issued Photo ID.
Similar to that, there are other terms and conditions to keep in mind before requesting the name change –
- The request to change the name on Ryanair can only be performed on the flights operated and marketed by the said airline.
- The airlines do not accept any name correction or change request on the partner airlines or any codeshare or interline agreement partners.
- The name change request must take place at least 7 days before the scheduled departure to get eligible for the discounted fare difference. Any name correction or changes made within 7 days of scheduled departure will be subject to a standard name change fee.
- After any successful name change, the ticket would be reissued to a similar or higher class of service in the same cabin as booked, subject to availability. Given that the current fare is more expensive than the existing one, the customer must pay the difference between the original and the new fare.
Ryanair Gift Voucher Name Change
No name change or correction is permitted on the promotional fares, future travel credit, and any ticket booked with electronic gift vouchers. In case you have already taken the outbound flight, you can still request for the name change only under the legal clauses and considerations. When you wish to change the name for all the passengers in the booking, you must contact the airlines name change helpline at +1-844-673-0381.
Seat Selection After Ryanair Name Change
After the name change request is done, you need to select the seat as well as check-in for your flight again. When the purchased seat is not available, passengers would be given the option to select the seats again. There is no guarantee that you may get the same spot as you previously booked. Assuming that the newly selected seats are available at more price, then passengers shall be liable for the difference.
Other Important Rules for Name Change
The Ryanair name change policy guides that passengers can correct the name spelling up to 3 characters per name without any change fee. However, an applicable fare difference may apply. Having said that, there are plenty of other rules, as mentioned below, that you need to keep in mind before requesting the name change –
- Ryanair name change fee would be charged per passenger per booking.
- When the passenger is unable to make any name correction online, they can contact the airline’s call center up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure.
- No fees would be assessed in case the passenger is requesting the name correction, and make airlines reasonable believe that they are correcting the mistake and not changing the flight ticket to someone else.
- The name correction can be made only once per booking. Considering that there are multiple corrections or if there are one or more passengers who need to correct the name, the airlines may take exception, solely under their discretion.
- No name change Ryanair cost would be charged when the passenger is making the said request within 24 hours of booking. Passengers would be liable to pay the difference between the original fare and the fare of the new flight. Considering that the fare of the new flight is lower, the airline will not refund the difference. On the off change that it is higher, you can check the Ryanair flight change policy and look for an alternative, in case possible.
- The name change request must be made to all the flights in your booking.
- Passengers are allowed to make the name change to their booking up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure.
Ryanair Name Change Fee
Passengers are liable to pay a non-refundable name change fee per passenger per booking. The name change varies with the window time of the request placed. Such as –
Changing a name within 48 hours – As per Ryanair name change policy, passengers booked a flight directly on the airline’s website have 48 hours of grace period from the original date of purchase, to correct minor errors (name spelled wrong). In such a case, no name change fee would be assessed. However, the flight would be rebooked in a similar class of service, subject to availability. Fare differences may apply.
Changing a name outside 48 hours – Passenger’s name can be corrected up to 2 hours before the scheduled flight departure. Passengers can correct the name spelling up to 3 characters per name through the My Booking section and are subject to Ryanair passenger name change fee of 200 USD.
Should you wish to have these changes over the phone, then it can be requested at the increased price. Here’s the overview of the name change fee –
|Ryanair Name Change Fees Time Window||Fee Application (Online) (In USD)||Fee Application (Phone) (In USD)||Fare Difference to be Paid|
|Within 48 hours||None||None||Yes|
|After 48 hours||200||250||Yes|
Types of Name Changes with Ryanair
Ryan Air allows passengers to change or correct the name for several purposes or reasons. For instance, if you made a booking with a maiden name, and now want to change it to your married name. This and more other cases are discussed below that will give you an idea, of how much fees would be charged, and how you can complete the name change request –
All changes are subject to terms and conditions associated with Ryanair name change policy.
Ryanair Gift Voucher Name Change
Once you book a reservation with the Gift Vouchers, you are not allowed to change the name or transfer it to other passengers. Reservations booked with Gift Vouchers do not permit name correction as well. When the passengers are booking the flight reservation with the said voucher, the name of the passenger on the ticket must match the name on their passport or government-issued photo ID.
Maiden/Married Name Change
On the assumption that the passenger booked a flight with their maiden or married name, and has updated the name on their passport or government-issued photo ID anytime before the date of travel, they are allowed to change the name. Passengers need to pay the name change fee of 200 USD and require to submit the documents that justify the name change. Fare differences may apply.
Legal Name Change
Passengers are also allowed to change a name due to legal obligations like divorce decree or any legal name change. If there is an update in the passenger’s name between the booking and the date of travel, they can alter the name by paying the Ryanair name change fees. Also, passengers need to submit valid proof that justifies the legal name change. Fare differences may apply.
Minor Name Change
Passengers can correct the name spelling up to 3 characters per name without any change fee through the My Booking section. However, an applicable fare difference may apply. The airlines’ name change fee would be charged per passenger per booking.
Middle Name and Surnames
The airline does not require the addition of a middle name or another last name to the passenger’s booking as long as it appears exactly the same on the government-issued photo ID. To alter the name, the name change cost would be applicable. Passengers need to present proof of identity at the time of making the request.
How to Change Name on Ryanair Flight Ticket?
Passengers can change or correct the name online on the airline’s website. Add to that, you can also request it with the flight executive over the phone.
Change Name Online
Request the name change at the airline’s website via the Manage My Trip section. Retrieve your booking, and alter your booking with the correct name online. Follow the steps to complete the said request –
Follow these steps to change the name of the passenger on the airline’s website.
- Log in to “ryanair.com” and visit the “Manage My Trip” section
- Select the ‘Change name’ tab. Enter the Booking PNR and the surname of the passenger in the required field.
- Choose the passenger’s name you like to change or correct. In the required field, enter the correct passenger’s name.
- At the checkout page, you would be asked to pay the name change fee and the fare difference for re-issuing the flight in the existing class of service.
- Once you’ve accepted the change, you will be redirected to the booking page with the confirmation message.
- Passengers will receive an email with the updated itinerary and the updated passenger’s name.
Disclaimer: Please note that the change request made online is accomplished under the guidelines mentioned in Ryanair name change policy
Change Name Over the Phone
At times, you are holding a flight booking that does not support the online name alterations. Or, sometimes you have a hard time navigating online while completing the said request. Simple call Ryanair Customer Service Phone Number at +1-844-673-0381 to complete the name modification request. The Ryanair name change request is subject to airline penalty and fare difference if there is any.
Disclaimer: Please note that the change request made over the phone is accomplished under the guidelines mentioned in Ryanair name change policy