Copa Airlines allows passengers to travel with their pets on board, but certain restrictions and requirements must be met. The pet must be carried in a kennel that meets the airline’s specifications and must be placed under the seat in front of the passenger. Only small dogs and cats are allowed to travel in the cabin.
Under the Copa Airlines pet policy, the pet must be accompanied by a health certificate and proof of vaccinations. Additionally, there is a fee for traveling with a pet, which varies depending on the route.
It’s always recommended to check all the specific details mentioned and to make a reservation for your pet before the flight.
Copa Airlines Pets In Cabin
Copa Airlines allows pets to travel in the cabin with their owners on most flights. However, there are some restrictions and requirements that must be met. For instance –
- Pets must be in a carrier that can fit under the seat in front of the passenger, and only one pet per passenger is allowed.
- Additionally, certain breeds of dogs and cats are not allowed to travel in the cabin.
- Pets are only permitted in the main cabin of each trip in an amount of 3.
- Pets are not permitted in Business Class.
It’s always recommended to contact the airline before booking your flight to confirm the current policies and to make any necessary arrangements.
Restrictions Apply to Pet Travel With Copa Airlines – You can travel with your pet on all of our flights except those to/from –
- Armenia (AXM).
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL).
- Tampa (TPA).
Besides, Copa Airlines pet shipping is allowed from Monday through Friday because the quarantine offices in these locations are closed on weekends.
Book your pets – To guarantee space for your pet, get in touch with our Reservations Center 48 hours before the flight’s departure. If you don’t make a reservation and show up at the airport, pet transportation may not be available.
Copa Airlines Pet Fee
Every time a pet is transported in the cabin, there is a fee:
|Pets transport in cabin||Fee (in USD)|
|International Flights||147-166, including taxes and fees.|
|Domestics Flights||29-33, including taxes and fess.|
Note – Conditions and surcharges for international flights will apply to connecting flights that involve both domestic and international flights. The pet in cabin fee is not transferable or refundable.
Copa Airlines Pet Requirement
Copa Airlines allows small pets to travel in the cabin with passengers on certain flights. In addition –
- The pet must be in a carrier that can fit under the seat in front of the passenger.
- Passengers should contact Copa Airlines directly for specific information and to book a flight for their pet.
- Pets under 16 weeks of age are not accepted.
- Pet must travel on the flight as a container.
Copa Airlines Pet Carrier
You must transport your pet in a suitable carrier if you plan to travel with it. The transporter must abide by the following standards. The pet carrier must abide by the following standards –
- The pet along with the carrier must not exceed 10 kg.
- The carrier must be leak-proof and properly ventilated, and the pet must be able to stand up and turn around comfortably in the carrier.
- It must be big enough for the pet to stand up, turn around, and lie down naturally.
- It should be strong enough to keep the pet from escaping during handling and travel.
- It should feature safety locks that allow it to be opened without a specific tool.
- It must have ventilation holes but must not enable any portion of the pet to escape.
- The carrier must not exceed the following dimension
|11″ (28 cm)||18″ (45.7 cm)||11″ (28 cm)|
Documents Required for Pet Travel
As per Copa Airlines pet policy, the passenger must also provide proof of current vaccinations and a health certificate from a veterinarian. Add to that, passengers should also produce these documents too, at the time of check-in at the airport
- Submit the Copa Airlines Pet Travel form.
- Documents needed to enter the destination country.
- Documents required for transit via a specific country.
During the Trip
Pets transported in the cabin must meet the following requirements –
- The animal can’t have unpleasant odors or bad habits like growling, barking, or attacking other passengers.
- It cannot occupy space in the aisles and must stay inside its container, which must be set down on the floor in front of the designated seat and not on the seats.
- During security checkpoints, it is the passenger’s responsibility to accommodate and remove their pet from the container.
- It is not permitted to sit in the front row, against a bulkhead, or next to an emergency escape.
- Pets will not be given oxygen during an emergency.
Pet Travel As Checked Baggage
Aairlines does not allow pets to travel as checked baggage.
Copa Airlines Pets in Cargo
Copa Mascotas offers air cargo service for cats and dogs that are too big or heavy to fly in the passenger cabin. On international flights, the air cargo service is accessible from Monday through Thursday. Pets must be between 2 months and 11 years old to fly as cargo.
Documents Required for Pet Travel
Following paper work would be required for pets in cargo.
- Proof of vaccination.
- All forms and entry permits required for the destination country.
- Vaccination certificate issued 10 days before the scheduled departure.
Copa Airlines Pet Carrier for cargo
The carrier must adhere to IATA guidelines such as –
- The required dimension must not exceed 68 x 76 x 101 cm.
- Must be adequate room for the pet to turn around, lie down, and rise up.
- Must provide adequate ventilation, but no body parts may protrude.
- It must not leak.
- Must have safety latches that make it possible to open or close the door without the use of special tools.
- It must be possible to store garbage generated during travel.
- Must have firm or soft sides and be constructed of plastic, metal, or wood.
Service and Emotional Support Animal
As per Copa Airlines pet policy, only dogs are permitted as service and emotional support animals on Copa Airlines. Animals that accompany passengers with special needs or who require emotional assistance are welcome on board at no extra cost. The travel for emotional support animals and service animals must be approved on the following conditions –
- Service dogs are accepted on all Copa Airlines operated routes.
- Only routes that are permitted by local laws, such as those to or from Brazil, Colombia, and Mexico, accept emotional support animals.
- If you are taking a different route, you can ask for Copa Airlines pet in cabin service.
Terms and conditions for Service and Emotional Support Animal
Under Copa Airlines emotional support animal policy, the animals must abide by the following requirements –
- Copa Airlines allows service and emotional support animals to travel with their owners in the cabin of the aircraft.
- Owners must provide documentation from a licensed mental health professional or physician stating that the animal is necessary for the passenger’s mental or emotional well-being.
- The animal must be well-behaved and not pose a threat to the safety or health of other passengers or crew members.
- The animal must remain on a leash or in a carrier at all times during the flight.
- Copa Airlines reserves the right to refuse transport to any animal that appears to be in poor health, aggressive, or not properly trained.
- The owner will have to pay for any damages caused by the animal.
- The owner must make sure that the animal is properly vaccinated, and the animal should be wearing a collar with a tag identifying them.
- The passengers are not allowed to acquire an exit row seat.
- Only 1 service dog is allowed per passenger.
How to make a pet travel for Copa Airlines?
The Copa Airlines pet policy stipulates that bookings must be made in advance for both cabin and cargo flights. This is so that each aircraft may only carry a certain number of pets. You must speak with the airline’s “cargo offices” if you want to bring your pet on the aircraft. Visit the following page to learn the number that is specific to your nation or region.
When you speak with the Copa airlines representative –
- The office must be informed of the pet’s and kennel’s weights.
- You must provide the pet crate’s full specifications, including its height, weight, and width.
- Pet information such as breed and age must also be provided to Copa Airlines.
- Finish the reservation procedure by checking off the items through this link.
The Copa Airlines pet policy is relatively simple and straightforward. If your dog or cat meets the requirements and a seat is available, then there’s likely no problem with flying your pet. However, it’s always a good idea to check with the airline beforehand to make sure you’re in compliance with their guidelines.
Visit here to know other pet policy of different listed airlines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The number of pets allowed per flight may vary depending on the flight and the size of the pet. It is recommended to contact Copa Airlines directly for specific information on their pet policies.
Yes, Copa Airlines allows pets to travel on board as long as they meet certain requirements and are transported in an approved pet carrier. There may also be additional fees for bringing a pet on board. It is best to check with Copa Airlines directly for specific policies and guidelines regarding traveling with a pet.
No. It is best to check with the airline directly for the most up-to-date information on their pet policy.
Service dogs and emotional service animals can travel for free with Copa Airlines.
To add a pet to a Copa Airlines flight, you will need to contact the airline directly to inquire about their pet policy and to make a reservation for your pet. You will likely be required to provide information about the size and breed of your pet, as well as any necessary health documents. Additionally, you may be required to pay a fee for your pet to travel with you.
The most that a pet may weigh in the cabin is 20 lbs (9 kgs). The dimensions that hard-sided containers must meet for Copa Airlines pets are 13 inches by 17 inches by 7.5 inches. For soft-sided crates, the crate’s dimensions cannot be greater than 11x18x11 inches.
Copa Airlines pet travel fee on domestic flights can range from USD 29 to USD 33. This fee ranges from USD 147 to USD 166 when traveling internationally.