Through the Copa Airlines check in process, you can access several methods to complete the boarding process online, via mobile app as well as at the airport. By understanding these choices, travelers can enhance their journey with stress-free travel, making their flight with Copa Airlines a truly memorable experience.
What are the methods for Copa Airlines check in?
Here are the different methods for Copa Airline check in –
- Online – Visit the Copa Airlines website. Follow the online check-in process. This method is applicable to all flights operated and marketed by Copa Airlines.
- Mobile – Download the Copa check in online app and obtain your mobile boarding pass, which you can save on your smartphone for easy access at the airport. This is not permitted for passengers traveling with pets and infants.
- Airport check-in – Passengers can check-in Copa Airlines at the airport counter as well as through self-service kiosk facility. For airport check-in, you must arrive 3 hours before scheduled departure.
How to request Copa Airlines check in online?
Passengers can request Copa web check in either through the airline’s website or through the mobile app. Follow these steps to request the online check-in at the Copa’s website –
- Visit Copa Airlines’ official website and navigate to the ‘My Trips’ section.
- Click on the ‘Check-in ‘ tab and you will be redirected to this page.
- Enter the Reservation Code, ConnectMiles Number, or E-Ticket Number alongside the Last Name of the passenger.
- Click on the ‘Find My Reservation’ button to retrieve your booking.
- Choose the flight segment if there are multiple flight segments.
- Add seats. You can access the seat map and choose according to your travel preference.
- Add any special request or meal preference to your booking.
- Review all the details and confirm the check-in.
- The check-in confirmation and Copa boarding pass will be sent to you via SMS and email.
- Carry a printed copy of the boarding pass alongside the other travel documents on the day of departure.
Copa Airlines online check in timings
Copa Airlines online check in process starts 24 hours and 1 hour prior to departure of your flight. When you arrive at the airport, if you’re traveling with checked baggage, you must request the baggage 90 minutes before flight take-off.
Restrictions or requirements for online check in
Certain passengers are not permitted to use Copa Airlines check in online –
- Passengers who booked unaccompanied minor service.
- Passengers who availed Copa Airlines pet travel service.
- If you possess a paper ticket.
- Passengers traveling on special fares that require a check-in at the airport.
- Traveling on a codeshare or interline agreement flight.
Can I access Copa Airlines check in using mobile app?
Yes, Copa Airlines check in through mobile app is available for all destinations and flight booking, provided that the flight is operated by Copa Airlines. All the timelines and guidelines would remain the same as Copa check in online. Follow these steps –
Process of Copa check in via mobile app
- Download the Copa Airlines mobile app from your device’s app store. The app is available on both Android and iOS Play Store.
- Open the Copa Airlines app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the Check-in section and enter the booking details in the required boxes.
- Check the list of your upcoming flights. Select the flight for which you want to request check-in.
- On the flight details screen, look for a “Check-In” or “Check-In Now” button.
- You may be asked to confirm passenger details, select seats (if available), and review your baggage information.
- After successfully completing the check-in process, the app should generate a digital boarding pass for you.
Plesae Note – After the check-in is completed, passengers are not permitted to request Copa Airlines flight cancellation.
How to check in for Copa Air flight at the airport?
Passengers can request Copa Air check in at the airport counter or through the self-service check-in kiosk.
Steps to request airport counter check-in
Follow these steps to request the Copa Airlines check in at the airport –
- Arrive at the airport early as you have plenty of time to go through the check-in, boarding, baggage, and security process.
- Ask the Copa check in representative to complete the check-in. Provide your booking reference or ticket number to validate your flight reservation.
- You may be asked to provide certain travel documents such as a passport, and entry/exit permit (for international travel).
- Provide your seat preference and any other special request.
- Collect your Copa Airlines check in boarding pass and proceed to the baggage drop counter to check in your bags.
Step-by-step process of self-service check-in
Here’s how you can request check-in at a Copa Airlines self-service check-in counter –
- Look for signs or ask airport staff for directions to the Copa Airlines self-service check-in facility. These kiosks are touchscreen facilities.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to start the check-in process. You may need to enter your booking reference number, passport number, or the credit card used to book the flight to retrieve your reservation.
- The kiosk should display your flight booking details.
- You may have the option to choose your seats at this point.
- If you have checked baggage, you can often add it during the self-service check-in process. Enter the number of bags and this will generate the baggage tags for you.
- After completing the check-in process, the kiosk will offer you to request Copa Airlines print boarding pass.
Please Note – With a self-service kiosk, you can also request a Copa Airlines flight upgrade.
Copa Airlines check in kiosk availability
Here is the list of some of the major locations where you can find check in kiosk –
|Panama||Panama City||Tocumen International Airport (PTY)|
|Costa Rica||San Jose||Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)|
|United States||Miami||Miami International Airport (MIA)|
|United States||Orlando||Orlando International Airport (MCO)|
|Ecuador||Quito||Mariscal Sucre International Airport (UIO)|
|Uruguay||Montevideo||Carrasco International Airport (MVD)|
|Mexico||Cancun||Cancun International Airport (CUN)|
|Colombia||Bogota||El Dorado International Airport (BOG)|
Some unique requirements for check-in
Certain passengers need to comply with the unique requirements at the Copa Airline check in counter –
- Traveling with infants (under 2 years old) or unaccompanied minors.
- Groups of 10 or more passengers on the same reservation.
- Traveling with pets.
- Holding paper tickets.
- Passengers who are booked by a third party (they need to bring a copy of their credit card receipt for validation).
- Passengers traveling on a flight other than Copa Airlines.
- Passengers seeking Copa Airline wheelchair assistance or any other special assistance.
What are Copa Airlines airport check in timings?
Arrive at the airport early that way you have plenty of time for the security screening process, check your bags prior to departure, and comply with the immigration guidelines for the international guidelines.
Before checking in at the airport, follow this timeline –
- International travel – For international passengers, check in Copa Airlines service is available 2 hours before scheduled departure.
- Domestic travel – For domestic travel within Colombia and Panama, check-in is available 1 hour before departure.
Check in timings for US and Venezuela
For flights from the US and Venezuela, you must arrive at the check-in counter by the following time –
|Departure Location||Recommended Arrival Time||Check-in Counter Closure|
|United States||3 hours prior to departure||60 minutes before departure|
|Venezuela||4 hours prior to departure||2 hours before departure|
How to check in baggage with Copa Airlines?
Here are the general steps for Copa Airlines check in baggage process –
- Arrive at the airport 2 hours before for domestic flight and 3 hours before for international flight.
- Before checking in your luggage, make sure you’re aware of Copa Airlines baggage policy.
- Ensure that your luggage complies with Copa Airlines size and weight restrictions.
- If you prefer to check in at the airport, look for Copa Airlines check in counters. Collect your boarding pass and baggage tags and head to the baggage drop counters.
- After checking in your baggage, proceed to the security checkpoint.
- Remember to have your ID, boarding pass, and any necessary travel documents readily available.
- Proceed to the departure gate. Be sure to arrive at the gate.
How can I get a Copa Airlines boarding pass?
You can obtain a Copa Airlines boarding pass through –
- Online check-in – After completing the check-in process, you will have the option to download and print the Copa boarding pass.
- Mobile check-in – Follow the mobile check-in process, similar to online check-in, and obtain a Copa Airlines mobile boarding pass. You do not have to print this. Simply display the mobile screen with a QR code at the baggage drop counter.
- Airport kiosk – Follow the on-screen prompts to check in for your flight by entering your booking reference number or scanning your passport. Print your Copa Airlines check in boarding pass from the kiosk.
- Airport counter – The agent will assist you in the check-in process at the airport and issue a physical boarding pass.
Copa Airlines offers passengers a range of check-in options designed to cater to diverse needs and preferences. Whether you prefer the simplicity of online and mobile check-in or personalized assistance through Copa Airlines executives at the airport, the airline ensures you have stress-free travel all the way.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Copa Airlines offers multiple check-in options like online check-in with the website or mobile app, self-service kiosks at the airport, or at the check-in counter.
Copa check in is available 24 hours before departure up to 60 minutes before the scheduled travel.
The check-in starts 3 hours before scheduled departure when you check in from SFO or any other airport in the US.
You can check in for Copa Airlines at Terminal TB – Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT) at LAX.
No, it is not compulsory to print your boarding pass for Copa Airlines, they offer the digital version of the Copa boarding pass that you can save on your mobile device.
If you don’t check in within the specified timeframe before your flight, you may risk losing your seat assignment and may face long queues at the airport.