Icelandair name change policy offers the smooth and hassle free opportunity to change/correct the name to the already issued tickets that meet the criteria and conditions established for their applicability.
In this post, we will cover the terms and conditions that any passenger needs to know before requesting a name change/correction, how you can correct the name, the name change penalty, and much more.
- Guidelines to Change Name on Icelandair Ticket
- Icelandair Change Name Requests
- How to Change Name on Iceland Air Ticket?
- Method 1: Icelandair Change Name on Ticket Online
- Method 2: Change Name on Icelandair Ticket via Call
- Icelandair Name Correction Policy
- Icelandair Name Change Fee
- Icelandair Change Name on Ticket – Frequently Asked Question
Guidelines to Change Name on Icelandair Ticket
As per the Icelandair name change policy, passengers can request the name correction/change on the flights operated and promoted by Icelandair. In addition –
- The airline establishes that every reservation must be issued and created with the passenger’s information as exactly as it appears on their passport or government issued photo ID.
- The flight segments in your booking must belong to Icelandair in their entirety, and must not contain the interline or codeshare agreement segments.
- Only 1 name correction per booking is allowed.
- In case of name correction, it must not exceed 3 characters.
- It is not permitted to alter a person’s full first and last name for another. This includes complete name changes for both the first and last names. It is not permitted to have a fully different first and last name at the same time.
- Because all tickets are personal and non-transferable, the passenger may not assign, dispose of, or transfer the rights obtained from Icelandair to another passenger.
- The Icelandair name change is not applicable for the following types of booking –
- Purchased in currencies other than USD.
- Paid in cash, via PayPal or any other way except debit/credit card.
- Reservations are purchased through travel agencies.
- Booking made within 4 hours of departure and have already completed Icelandair check-in.
- Flight booking with used/flown segments.
- Reservations with Basic Rate segments.
- Previously modified Icelandair reservations.
- PNR that holds more than 9 passengers.
- Any flight booking that has added pets to their reservation.
- If booked an infant seat.
- Multi-city flight segments.
- In case passengers need to change the ownership of the ticket, they need to cancel the flight booking, claim a refund and rebook the flight with the other passenger’s name. To know more about cancellation, read the Icelandair cancellation policy.
Icelandair Change Name Requests
As per the Icelandair name change policy, the airlines allows passengers to alter the name under the following guidelines –
Delete first name or last name – Passengers can request the elimination of middle name and/or last name. The name must be matched with the government issued photo ID. This would be considered as per the guidelines applied under Icelandair flight change policy. An airline penalty and the fare difference will be applicable.
Add first name or last name – Passengers can request the addition or alteration of middle name and/or last name. The name must be matched with the government issued photo ID. This would be considered as the regular change on the flight booking. An airline penalty and the fare difference will be applicable.
Children’s last name – When the surname is different from the one on the legal document. This would be considered as the regular change on the flight booking. An airline penalty and the fare difference will be applicable. The airline will split the PNR and then add remarks on the PNR. Tickets would be reissued hence the fare difference alongside the airline’s change penalty will be applied.
Change last name due to marriage/divorce – When the family name on the official marriage/divorce paperwork differs from the family name on the flight ticket. An Icelandair name change fee alongside fare difference will be applicable. Tickets would be reissued hence the fare difference alongside the airline’s change penalty will be applied. Passenger need to submit the one of the following documents –
- Birth certificates
- Divorce decree
- Marriage certificates
How to Change Name on Iceland Air Ticket?
The airline does not allow the name change online, under any circumstances. However, passengers can correct the name up to three characters via Icelandair Manage Booking section. Alternatively, you can correct or change the name by calling the Icelandair name change contact number.
Method 1: Icelandair Change Name on Ticket Online
Passengers can request the name correction up to 3 characters through the manage booking section on the airline’s website. However, passengers have to submit the photo ID or any official ID that validates the correction. Follow these steps to correct the name on the airline’s website –
- Visit www.icelandair.com and navigate to the ‘My Journey’ tab on the homepage.
- Type in your last name and the flight booking reference in the required field.
- Once you access your reservation, select the name of the passenger that needs to be changed.
- Click on the ‘Change tab;, and now enter the correct name in the field.
- As per the Icelandair name change policy, you can alter up to 3 characters to the title/first name/middle name/last name.
- On the checkout page, complete the payment process and save changes.
- Within 1 hours, you will review a new flight confirmation and the e-ticket with the updated first and last name.
Method 2: Change Name on Icelandair Ticket via Call
The Icelandair name change request cannot be supported online. Therefore you need to call the airline’s customer service phone number. The name change fee will apply. Over the phone, the following scenarios will be considered –
- Change married/maiden name
- Inverted first and last name
- Typing error with the title, first name and/or last name.
The airline will –
- Split the PNR with an incorrect name from the original booking.
- Icelandair will create a new PNR as per the original itinerary with the correct name.
- You will be provided a new booking reference.
- If the infant is included in the booking, passengers need to pay an additional airline’s penalty.
- The existing PNR with an incorrect name will be cancelled.
- The new PNR will be reissued in the similar or higher class of service.
Icelandair Name Correction Policy
The following policy applies for the flight reservations containing Icelandair operated and marketed flights, such as –
- The airline allows 1 name correction of the three characters or less to the title/first name/middle name/last name.
- The following corrections are subject to a fee –
- Gender or styling adjustments are not relevant.
- If any passenger’s names have a mistake of no more than two letters.
- When a passenger’s name is missing a letter or when a letter in any of the names is incorrect.
- In case, the passenger’s last name is used as the first name and the first name is used as the last name.
- When the passenger’s legal name is their spousal name rather than their birth surname.
- In case the reservation included an infant, the name correction cannot be applicable online. You need to call the Icelandair name change phone number.
Icelandair Name Change Fee
Passengers requesting a name change/correction within 24 hours of booking are not required to pay a penalty. However, outside 24 hours the Icelandair name change fee will be assessed and it varies with the type of request such as –
|Name correction request||Name change/correction fee in USD||Fare difference. if any|
|Inverted name or last name||120||Not applicable|
|Delete first name or last name||150||Applicable|
|Add first name or last name||150||Applicable|
|Duplicate surnames||100||Not applicable|
|Children’s last name||150||Applicable|
|Last name due to marriage/divorce||150||Applicable|
|Airlines name correction||120||Not applicable|
Icelandair name change policy is designed to save your money and make your travel arrangements hassle-free. Know the rule before you book – in order to make any name changes or corrections on Icelandair tickets, you must be sure about the main elements of your flight booking like your flight number, date of departure and arrival, and the reservation class.
Icelandair Change Name on Ticket – Frequently Asked Question
Reservations that are operated and marketed by Icelandair are eligible for the name correction provided the changes would be applicable on the same itinerary.
The Icelandair name change request cannot be supported online. Therefore you need to call the airline’s customer service phone number. The name change fee will apply.
The airline charges a fee for the name correction, as different requests levies a different airline’s penalty. The overview is mentioned in the ‘Icelandair Name Correction Fee’ section.
As per the Icelandair name change policy, the airline establishes that every reservation must be issued and created with the passenger’s information as exactly as it appears on their passport or government issued photo ID.
If your photo ID has a middle name then you must mention it on your Icelandair reservation.
No, the airline does not allow passengers to alter the ticket to another person’s name. If that’s the case, passengers need to cancel the flight reservation, claim a refund on the existing reservation, and then rebook the similar itinerary with the correct passenger’s name.
If the passenger has the name misspelt on the airline’s ticket, they can contact the airline to rectify it, and is subject to the Icelandair name change fee. As per the Icelandair name change policy, passengers can correct up to three characters on the first name, middle name or last name.