Complete Guidelines About Qatar Airways Baggage Allowance
The following information will help you determine Qatar Airways baggage policy, and the associated baggage allowance you’re allowed to carry during your journey –
- Passengers must not include fragile or perishable items such as money, jewelry, personal electronic devices, and precious metals in the checked bag.
- Upon submitting baggage to be checked, the airline would take custody and issue a Qatar Airways baggage identification tag.
- Qatar Airways checked baggage would be kept in the same aircraft as you.
- In case if the airlines decided that the checked baggage can’t be carried as the same aircraft as you, the airlines will deliver the Qatar Airways checked baggage on the next flight, if the space is available or on to another available aircraft.
- You may carry Qatar Airways baggage for free as specified to the conditions mentioned in the Qatar Airways booking.
- As per Qatar Airways’ excess baggage policy, the airline may refuse the right to carry weight and size allowance in excess of the free baggage allowance.
- Passengers need to pay the Qatar Airways excess baggage fee in excess of the free baggage allowance at the rate and manner mentioned in the ticket.
- As per Qatar Airways baggage policy, passengers are required to collect their checked baggage as soon as it is available for collection at their destination or stopover.
Qatar Airways Checked Baggage Allowance
For travel routes, where the weight concept will apply Qatar Airways baggage limit on the number of pieces is waived as long as the weight allowance for the total number of pieces must not exceed, as per Qatar Airways baggage policy –
- As per Qatar Airways checked baggage allowance, the size of the luggage must not exceed 158 cm by piece
- In terms of weight concept, the size of the checked bag must not exceed 300 cm including length + width + height.
- The single piece of the checked bag must not exceed 32 kg
- Qatar Airways baggage fee will apply if the passenger exceeds the weight and/or piece allowance on their ticket.
The following dimensions are in accordance with Qatar Airways baggage guidelines.
Baggage allowed in Qatar Airways Economy Class
|Economy Classic||Economy Convenience||Economy Comfort|
|Flights to/from all destinations||25kg (55lb)||30kg (66lb)||35kg (77lb)|
|Flights to/from Africa or America||2 pieces (23kg/50lb each)||2 pieces (23kg/50lb each)||2 pieces (23kg/50lb each)|
Qatar Airways Business Class Baggage Allowance
|Business Classic||Business Comfort||Business Elite|
|Flights to/from all destinations||40kg (88lb)||40kg (88lb)||40kg (88lb)|
|Flights to/from Africa or America||2 pieces (32kg/70lb each)||2 pieces (32kg/70lb each)||2 pieces (32kg/70lb each)|
Qatar Airways First Class Baggage Allowance
|Flights to/from all destinations||50kg (110lb)|
|Flights to/from Africa or America||2 pieces (32kg/70lb each)|
Qatar Airways Carry-On Baggage Limit and Allowance
As per Qatar Airways baggage policy, passengers are allowed to carry hand luggage other than checked baggage during their Qatar Airways flight –
- Under Qatar Airways carry-on baggage allowance, First Class and Business Class customers are allowed to carry two pieces of baggage on board, and the combined weight must be within 15 kg.
- Economy Class passengers are allowed to carry one piece of cabin bag, and weight must not exceed 7 kg.
- Laptop and laptop bags must be considered under Qatar Airways carry-on baggage allowance.
- The maximum dimensions for each piece of hand luggage must not exceed 50 x 37 x 25 cm including handles, pockets, and wheels, as per Qatar Airways carry-on baggage dimensions policy.
- Passengers are allowed to carry liquid gels and pastes in containers to 100 ml in their cabin bags. Containers larger than 100 ml cannot be accepted even if they are partially filled.
- 100 ml containers must be carried in a transparent and resealable bag, and should not be larger than 20 x 20 cm.
Please note that these dimensions and limits are in accordance with Qatar Airways baggage policy.
Qatar Airways Baggage Fees
Below is the summary of the Qatar Airways baggage fees that you will pay to check your baggage for domestic as well as international flights –
|Baggage category||Fee||Max Weight||Max Size (L+W+H)|
|First checked bag||30 USD||50 Pounds||62 Linear Inches|
|Second checked bag||45 USD||50 Pounds||62 Linear Inches|
|Third checked bag||150 USD||50 Pounds||62 Linear Inches|
|Fourth(+) checked bag||200 USD||50 Pounds||62 Linear Inches|
Qatar Airways Excess Baggage Policy
Fees and seasonal limitations vary by the travel destination and fare rules attached with the Qatar Airways reservation. Here are important highlights from the Qatar Airways extra baggage policy –
- As per Qatar Airways baggage policy, the airline does not accept checked bags over 126 linear inches or 320 cm.
- Qatar Airways’ excess baggage weight must not exceed 45 kgs on Qatar-operated flights.
- Qatar Airways’ Business and First Class passengers can take up to 3 bags up to 32 kg each at no extra cost.
- If the Qatar Airways booking itinerary includes a flight from a different carrier, different baggage rules may apply.
- As per Qatar Airways’ excess baggage policy, excess and overweight baggage fees depend on the region covered by the journey.
Passengers can save up to 20% with – Qatar Airways’ extra baggage buy offer – to purchase additional baggage purchase up to 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure. Here is the summary of the Qatar Airways excess baggage rates per additional kg –
|From/To||Europe||South/East Asia||Central Asia||Japan,Korea||Australia||Iran||Qatar|
|Europe and USA||USD 30||USD 30||USD 30||USD 40||USD 50||USD 25||USD 25|
|South/East Asia||USD 30||USD 30||USD 30||USD 45||USD 50||USD 25||USD 25|
|Central Asia||USD 30||USD 30||USD 30||USD 50||USD 50||USD 30||USD 30|
|Japan, Korea||USD 40||USD 45||USD 50||USD 50||USD 70||USD 35||USD 30|
|Australia||USD 50||USD 50||USD 50||USD 70||USD 70||USD 40||USD 40|
|Iran||USD 25||USD 25||USD 30||USD 35||USD 40||USD 15||USD 15|
|Qatar||USD 17||USD 20||USD 21||USD 25||USD 30||USD 14||–|
Qatar Airways Missing Baggage
Delayed Baggage – In the event, you arrive at your destination without a checked suitcase, passengers’ delayed baggage would be received within 24 hours and can be delivered to your home, office, or hotel.
Damaged Baggage – In the event of Qatar Airways’ damaged baggage, you should report immediately upon arrival before leaving the terminal.
Qatar Airways Missing Baggage – In case of baggage, an escalation is to be made within 7 days of the scheduled arrival. You can also trace your baggage via Qatar Airways lost baggage tracer link on the airline’s website.
Frequently Asked Questions – (FAQs)
As per Qatar Airways baggage policy, extra baggage charges depend on where you’re flying to and from. For instance, if you’re flying from UAE to the USA, you can purchase an additional kilo for 50 USD online three hours prior to the scheduled departure., or 60 USD at the airport
Yes, Qatar Airways is quite compassionate with the infant baggage policy. As per Qatar Airways baggage policy, passengers are entitled to carry one extra piece of hand luggage weighing a maximum of 10 kg on all domestic and Gulf travel routes. For flights traveling to the USA, Canada, Europe, and South America, passengers are entitled to carry one hand luggage of 10 kg, and one little extra bag weighing a maximum of 10 kg.
Here are the following two ways that help you maximize your Qatar Airways baggage allowance –
Upgrade to Premium Class – By upgrading to Business or First Class, you can take up to 50 kg on most of the travel routes with Qatar Airways. Please ensure that any checked baggage must be within 32 kg. So don’t bring one giant luggage and think that you won’t be forced to pay Qatar Airways excess baggage fee.
Qatar Airways Privilege Club – If you regularly fly with Qatar Airways, you can be a part of a privileged flying club that exclusively allows you to carry additional weight or while extra suitcase, or an extra 15 kg.