You might be looking for the answer to the question – can you bring a hairdryer on a plane? If so, you’re on the right page. This is one of the major concerns for the aviation travelers about bringing hair dryers and blowers on the plane, as it comes with various technical considerations that may restrict its transportation as checked or carry-on luggage or both. In this article, we’ll answer questions and relevant information about carrying a hair dryer as part of your luggage on your next flight.
TSA Guidelines for bringing hair dryers on a plane
Can you bring a hairdryer on a plane? As per TSA guidelines, passengers are allowed to bring a hair dryer as a checked bag and in the hand baggage as well. bag. The other guidelines include –
- Make sure that the cord and plugs are well organized. You can also carry cord organizer to neatly arrange the cord and plugs .
- It is recommended to carry compact hair dryers while traveling.
Also Read: Can Plane Fly In The Snow?
Can you bring a Hair dryer as carry-on on a Delta flight?
Yes Delta Airlines (Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy) allows you to bring a hair dryer on a plane and is not considered as “dangerous goods”. It is allowed as checked as well as carry-on bag provided it must be –
- Packaged properly – The hair dryer must be packed securely to prevent damage during transit. Pack your hair dryer in an appropriate case.
- At the time of security screening – When going through the security screening at the airport, you need to remove the hair dryer from carry-on baggage. Place your hair dryer in a bin for an X-ray screening.
- Carry compact hair dryer – You must carry travel-friendly hair dryers which are compact in size. They are more convenient to travel and consume less space in your carry-on bag.
Also Read: Will Spry Sunscreen Explode On A Plane?
Can you bring a Dyson hair dryer on a plane?
Can you bring a hairdryer on a plane which is powered by Dyson? Absolutely! There’s no problem carrying a Dyson hairdryer as check-in or carry-on baggage. However when traveling on a flight outside US, you have to keep the following considerations in mind –
- Dyson devices are made to operate under particular voltage requirements in your country. This means, you won’t be able to use the Dyson’s products outside of the country you purchased.
- You must carry a Dyson hair dryer in a protective case.
- You need to remove the dyson hair dryer from your carry-on bag at the security checkpoint. Place it in a bin for X-ray screening.
Also Read: Can you bring dry shampoo on a plane?
Can we carry hair dryers on international flights?
Can you bring a hairdryer on a plane internationally? Yes, it is allowed. But international airlines have stricter guidelines keeping in mind the voltage and plug type restrictions.
Here are the following points to consider –
- Hair dryer as check-in luggage – It is allowed for international travel mostly by all major airlines. Restrictions may apply based on the destination country.
- Specific restrictions – The rule regarding carrying hairdryers on planes varies, as certain nations have restrictions. It is recommended to speak to the airline’s representative before packing the hair dryer.
- Safety consideration – When traveling on an international flight, always keep the cords, plugs and battery detached from each other. Always keep the device in a protective case.
Also Read: Can You Change The Name On Plane Ticket?
Can I take a hairdryer in hand luggage from Ryanair?
Can you bring a blow dryer on a plane that is operated by Ryanair? Yes, the airline allows hairdryer both as checked and carry-on baggage.
RyanAir allows 1 small hand luggage that must be within 40 x 20 x 25cms, and the weight should nit exceed 10 kg. The airline allows passengers to carry hair dryer on Ryanair flight (Ryanair Flight Change Policy) providence –
- Passengers are not allowed to use them on board.
- All cordless hair dryers must have their lithium battery removed before you put the hand luggage in the overhead bin. The battery must be kept in your pocket all the time.
- Passengers are allowed to carry up to 15 electronic gadgets on board, including the hair dryer.
- Lithium battery powered hair dryers are not allowed in checked luggage.
- While carrying a hairdryer on a plane, make sure that the device is totally switched off, disabled or deactivated.
- Hair dryer must be packed in a suitable case for adequate cushioning.
Can you bring a hairdryer on a plane as checked luggage?
Yes, as per TSA guidelines, passengers are allowed to carry hair dryers in their checked baggage. If your hair dryer is powered by a lithium battery, you need to carry them as hand luggage.
For a hassle-free travel, here are the following tips to consider for your query – can you bring a hairdryer on a plane
- Always keep your hair dryer in a protective case to prevent it from damage during transit.
- Pack your hair dryer in a separate compartment to prevent it from damage.
- When using a suitcase composed of hard material, keep the hairdryer in the straps and compartments to secure your device.
- When carrying your hair dryer in a soft-sided bag, put the hair dryer in an organizer to keep it separate from the rest of your belongings.
- Make sure to pack its accessories such as diffuser or concentrator in an organizer or separate compartment to keep it safe.
Also Read: Can You Take Flowers On A Plane?
Safety tips for using hair dryers on board
Passengers can use the hair dryers atop the skies, provided you must follow these safety tips –
Wait until your plane touches peak altitude
While using the hair dryer on the plane, it is important to consider that the plane must reach the peak altitude. This is because these electrical devices become more efficient and offer stable power supply while cruising at certain altitudes.
Using the hair dryer while the plane is descending or during turbulence cause the power fluctuation inside the plane and may damage your electronic device.
It is always recommended to follow the airline’s instructions to use certain electronic devices like hair dryers on board. Certain airlines have restrictions or guidelines in place for using the hair dryer on board.
Also Read: Can you bring a curling iron on a plane?
Prefer a hair dryer that generates in-built moisture
While using the hairdryer on a plane may bring the potential risk of fire. One of the best tips is to purchase a hair dryer that comes with the in-built moisture feature which help your electronic device from overheating.
Always ensure that the hair dryer must be in a good working condition, and avoid carrying with a damaged cord.
To answer your question – Can you bring a hairdryer on a plane? It is important to note that safety is the top priority for the airline when using the electrical appliance on board. Using a hair dryer with damaged cords may cause electrical malfunction and potential fire on board.
Best Hair Dryer Recommendation for Air Travel
Now we have cleared all your doubts regarding your question – Can you bring a hairdryer on a plane? Now, to make your travel easier and hassle-free, there are certain hair dryers that are preferable keeping in mind that voltage consumption, type of plug, and the destination restriction –
Cordless or Rechargeable Hair Dryer
Cordless hair dryers are the most preferred by the passengers keeping in mind the convenience and their compact nature. This offers the much-needed freedom to groom your hair without worrying about check-in into an expensive salon in any destination country.
On top of that, they are light-weight and easy to pack. Some of the best brands for cordless hair dryer include –
Go for Dual Voltage Hair Dryers
One of the best factors to consider while bringing the hair dryer with you while traveling is the voltage requirement.
Different international destinations have varied electrical infrastructure. Thus, using a hair dryer with an inadequate voltage may damage the device.
That’s why dual-voltage hair dryers are the top choice for international travelers. These devices support voltage compatibility, allowing you to safely use them around the globe.
Some of the best brands for dual voltage include –
Prefer models that come with Swift-Drying technology!
Travelers always prefer a hair dryer that offers quick drying. These devices are designed to dry your hair in a jiffy, thus saving your valuable time.
Some of these hair dryers come with advanced technologies such as ionic or tourmaline that minimize the heat and reduce the drying time.
Some of the brands include –
- Remington Pro Hair Dryer with Pearl Ceramic Technology
- ghd Air Hair Dryer.
Before purchasing a hair dryer, always speak to the airline’s representative to ensure whether the hair dryers are allowed on board. Also, double-check with them about the voltage compatibility, size and weight restrictions to avoid last-minute hassles at the airport.
With the suitable hair dryer of your choice as part of the grooming essentials, you can keep your hair styled no matter what destination you’re headed to.
We hope we’ve answered your query – Can you bring a hairdryer on a plane? To sum up, hairdryers are allowed in the checked as well as carry-on luggage. Just make sure that you follow the aforementioned TSA guidelines, adhere to the voltage and other precautions, and purchase an adequate hair dryer to avoid inconvenience at the security screening.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you bring a blow dryer on the plane?
Yes, blow dryers are allowed on board. You can carry them as personal items or into hand luggage.
Can I bring a hairdryer in my carry-on?
Yes, you can bring a hair dryer in a carry-on bag. It is recommended to pack in a way as you have to remove the hair dryer from the bag for security inspection.
Can you bring a dyson hair dryer on the plane?
Yes, there are no restrictions on carrying a Dyson hair dryer on board. Passengers can keep them in a checked bag as well as carry-on baggage.
Is a hair dryer and straightener allowed in flight?
Yes, you can carry both a hair dryer and straightener in your hand luggage or personal items. It is recommended to consult with the airline regarding the weight and size restrictions.
Can I bring a blow dryer to carry on?
Yes, blow dryers are allowed in carry-on bags. Keep in mind that you have to remove the blow dryer at the security screening. You may be asked to keep the blow dryer in a separate bin for x-ray screening.
Can I take a blow dryer on the plane?
Yes, you can take a blow dryer on the plane. Always speak to your airline’s representative to know specific restrictions or guidelines for carrying blow dryers on board.
Can I bring a hairdryer on a plane?
Yes, a hair dryer is allowed on board. Passengers carrying lithium-battery-operated hair dryers, must detach the battery and place it in the pocket. Battery-operated hair dryers are not permitted to be used on board.