Our travel plans might go south if something unforeseen comes up. That makes our changes or cancellation more expensive than our flight tickets. To rescue from the unaffordable cancellation, it is the ANA flight cancellation policy that not only offers a nominal fee to change or cancel but also greater flexibility and transparent fare rules to your booking. Let’s understand the ANA cancellation policy in detail.
ANA Cancellation Policy
Here are the following highlights from the ANA airlines cancellation policy-
- ANA flight cancellation would be eligible for reservations made via the ANA website, must be for a round-trip, one-way, or an open-jaw itinerary must feature a refundable fare booked via website or over the phone.
- ANA cancel reservation would not be applicable on a reservation that includes an upgraded flight, or booking made via a travel agency.
- Some fare rules may not allow ANA flight cancellation.
- ANA international flight cancellation is eligible for issued tickets starting with 205.
ANA 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
Here are the following highlights from the ANA flight cancellation 24 hours policy –
- You can cancel your booking without any ANA airlines cancellation fee if made changes within 24 hours from the date of purchase
- ANA 24 hour cancellation policy is applicable on all fare rules, fare types, and a class of services.
- ANA air ticket cancellation within 24 hours would not be applicable on reward tickets, and group fares.
- You can only claim 100% of the booking value if canceled within 24 hours provided that the reservation made at least 7 days or more of the departure date.
- ANA 24 hour cancellation policy would be applicable for the tickets issued only in the U.s and Canada.
- The applicable refund would be processed within 20 business days from the date a cancellation request was made.
ANA Cancellation Charges
As per ANA flight cancellation policy, the following ANA airline cancellation fee applies per passenger for one set of reservation
- Zero charges as ANA cancellation fee if the request made via ANA 24 booking portal
- 50 USD as ANA cancel flight fee for placing a request via ANA airlines customer service number for flights originating within Japan.
- 25 USD as ANA cancellation charges for placing a request via ANA airlines customer service number in North America and Canada
- 50 USD as ANA air ticket cancellation fee for flights originates within the European region
- 10 USD as ANA international flight cancellation fee for flights originates to and from Geneva, and 75 USD for ANA flights originates to and from Stockholm
- 75 USD as ANA cancellation charges for flights originating from the Russian region
- 65 USD as ANA cancellation fee for flights originates to and from Istanbul airport
- 60 USD as ANA cancellation charges for flights originating from Singapore
- 20 USD as ANA air ticket cancellation fee for flights originating from Kuala Lumpur
- 50 USD as ANA cancel flight fee for flights originating from Phnom Pehn, and 30 USD from other Vietnam regions
- 100 USD as ANA cancellation fee for flights originating from Manilla and other Philippine airports.
- 25 USD as ANA air ticket cancellation fee for flights originating from China and Taiwan.
- 50 USD as ANA cancellation fee for flights originating from Australia and New Zealand
- 50 USD as ANA cancellation charges for flights originating from Thailand
- 30 USD as ANA cancel flight fee for flights originating from South Korea.
Please note that the ANA cancellation charged does not apply to :
- ANA reservation made on the airline’s online booking platform
- Children under 12 years of age
- ANA booking made with travel vouchers or gift cards
- Elite Diamond members
How to Cancel ANA Flight?
If you have a confirmed flight ticket with ANA, and due to some urgency or change in plans, you need to request an ANA flight cancellation, you can do it via the following methods listed below :
Cancel Flight Tickets Online
Here is the step-by-step ANA flight cancellation procedure –
- Visit ANA airlines homepage – https://www.ana.co.jp/en/th/. On the booking widget, go to the ‘My Booking’ section.
- Enter your six-digit ANA airlines reservation number along with the first and last name of the passenger. Hit the search button. As per ANA airlines cancellation policy, you must enter the exact credentials of your booking reference and the exact name of the person who booked the air ticket.
- You will get your booking retrieved on the next page. Hit the ‘ANA cancel flight reservation’ button.
- Review your ANA airlines flight itinerary. Please note that if you book a round trip or a multi-city trip, you have to cancel the entire booking.
- If you’re canceling a refundable fare, you will get the ANA flight refund status for your booking, before you request the cancellation. If it says ‘Refundable,’ you can then check the box next to ‘Request a refund.’ If it says ‘Non-refundable,’ you will not get any amount back.
- At the bottom of the ANA flight cancellation web page, click on the ‘Cancel my Reservation’ link.
- You will get the prompt cancellation mail to your registered email address once you request the flight cancellation.
Cancel Flights By Phone
Dial ANA airlines customer service number. You can talk to our travel support desk 24/7/365 days a year for any specific query or question related to your ANA airlines booking. Do the following –
- Keep your six-digit booking reference or 13-digit e-ticket number handy while you get redirected to the reservation executive.
- Ask the customer representative to cancel your ANA airlines flight.
- Check your ANA flight refund status before giving a nod to cancellation.
- Once the cancellation is requested, you will get the prompt cancellation mail to the email address you provided at the time of booking.
- You will get the refund for your booking within 20 business days credited back to the original debit/credit card or other payment methods.
Cancel Flights To The Ticket Office
You need to go to the airport from where you are required to board the flight.
- Provide your six-digit booking reference or 13-digit e-ticket number to the ANA airline representative at the counter
- If you’re making a same-day cancellation, you need to request at least 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- Check your refund status before making ANA cancel flight requests.
Denial of Boarding or Cancellation
As per ANA cancellation policy, the airline would not be able to provide a seat, even if they hold a confirmed ticket and have checked in on time, as it occurs due to ‘overbooking’, The following reasons include –
- Weight restrictions any aircraft can hold
- Unplanned change in the seating capacity or the size of the aircraft
- If there are more passengers to board on the plane than anticipated
Passengers who denied boarding due to ANA canceled flight involuntarily are entitled to –
- ANA air ticket cancellation compensation
- Alternate flight arrangements
- Free rescheduling to the same destination within 7 days from the date of the original scheduled departure
Please note that passengers are only entitled to ANA canceled flight compensation if denied boarding or involuntary cancellation occurs within seven days from the date of departure.
Amount of denied boarding in lieu of ANA canceled flight compensation as per ANA cancellation policy-
- No ANA air ticket cancellation compensation if ANA offers an alternate flight that arrives at the passengers’ final destination or stopover within one hour of the original flight arrival.
- 200% of the original fare value if ANA offers an alternate flight that arrives at the passengers’ final destination or stopover more than one hour and less than three hours of the original flight arrival.
- 400% of the original fare value if ANA offers an alternate flight that arrives at the passengers’ final destination or stopover more than three hours after the original flight arrival.
In case of Delayed Flights
In the event of flight delays, cancellations, or any disruptions, ANA airlines offer rebooking assistance to the passenger’s final destination or stopover. Additionally –
- If the rebooking option is not available on the same day and that requires an overnight stay for a passenger, ANA airlines will offer complimentary overnight hotel accommodation.
- Passenger can also opt for a 100% ANA flight refund
- 200 USD meal voucher per passenger
ANA Refund Policy
You can simply cancel a ticket and claim ANA cancels flight refund online or by calling on the ANA customer service number. Here’s the overview of the ANA airlines refund policy –
- ANA flight refund can only be claimed if the flight is booked on the ANA booking portal, ANA reservation phone number, or at the ANA booking counter at the airport.
- In case of refundable fare, ANA airline cancellation fee would be assessed while the rest of the fare value would be processed as the refund.
- In the case of non-refundable fares, only taxes and fees would be processed as refunds.
- In case of extenuating circumstances such as the death of a passenger or an immediate family member, passengers can claim a full refund on the refundable as well as non-refundable fares.
- As per the ANA refund policy, passengers cannot claim a refund on the used portion of the flight.
ANA Cancellation Policy – Frequently Asked Questions
You can claim a refund on a fully or partially unused portion of the reservation within one year from the date of commencement of travel. ANA flight refund would be subjected to the fare restriction on the ticket. If the ANA flights were booked with cash, a refund cheque would be issued to the passenger or to the person who paid for the tickets.
You can apply for the refund online as well as over the phone by calling us on the ANA customer service phone number.
Visit ANA airlines homepage – https://www.ana.co.jp/en/th/. On the booking widget, go to the ‘My Booking’ section. Select the flight that you wish to cancel. Check the status of your booking, before hitting the ‘Cancel’ button. You will get the prompt cancellation mail to your registered email address once you request the flight cancellation.
Yes! If ANA airline would not be able to provide a seat, even if you hold a confirmed ticket and have checked in on time, you are eligible for a full refund as well as ANA canceled flight compensation.