Japan Airlines has been serving as a leading flag carrier of Japan for more than 80 years. Currently, they are offering scheduled flight services to more than 100 destinations all around the world. Their services are exceptional and so are the policies including the Japan Airlines cancellation policy. If you have booked your tickets with this airline and want to cancel your tickets due to any reason, then you have to follow the rules mentioned in the Japan Airlines ticket cancellation policy. Continue reading this post to know more about the cancellation policy and related details.
Japan Airlines Cancellation Policy
Want to cancel your tickets? Keep the following points or rules in mind:
- If you are cancelling your tickets on the same day of the departure, you will have to pay the cancellation fee as per the Japan Airlines flight cancellation policy.
- If you are traveling with basic fare, you cannot cancel your ticket.
- No refund if you cancel your tickets after departure.
- You will not get a full refund after the risk-free period on non-refundable tickets.
- To get refunds on refundable tickets, you will need to pay a certain amount as a Japan Airlines cancellation fee.
- You will be provided with a full refund if you cancel your tickets within 24 hours of the purchase.
- You will not have to pay any cancellation fee if the flight is delayed for 4 hours and more.
- The airline will ask you to pay the cancellation fee if you cancel your tickets within 2 days of the scheduled departure even if you do it within 24 hours of the purchase
- No cancellation fee will be charged if the cancellation is done due to the bereavement.
Japan Airlines 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
You can do Japan Airlines cancellation within 24 hours of the purchase. All you have to do is ensure the following points:
- If you cancel your tickets within 24 hours of the purchase, you will get a full refund.
- Refundable ticket holders will need to pay the Japan Airlines cancellation charges after the risk-free period.
- As per the Japan Airlines 24-hour cancellation policy, you will get a full refund even for a basic economy ticket.
- If you want to get a full refund, then you must cancel your ticket within 24 hours of the purchase but one week before the scheduled departure.
Japan Airlines Cancellation Charges
The cancellation charges depend on the fare type chosen. So, look at the following to learn more about the Japan Airlines cancellation fee:
- No cancellation fee required if you cancel your ticket within the day of the booking.
- After 24-hour of the booking, the airline will only refund the Government Tax. The rest of the amount will be debited as the Japan Airlines cancellation charges.
- You will not get any refund if you cancel your ticket on the day of the scheduled departure.
- Full refund will be provided if the flight is cancelled by Japan Airlines itself.
Full refund will be provided only when there is one of the following reasons:
- Theft of passport
- Health issues
- Government or military orders
Japan Airlines Flight Cancellations Fee
When you cancel a ticket, you will need to pay a certain amount as cancellation charges. However, you will need to keep the following points in your mind:
- If you want to claim a refund, then you will need to cancel your tickets within the given period.
- When you cancel your tickets after the scheduled departure, the entire fare will be treated as the “NO-SHOW” fees.
- To get a full refund on the refundable tickets, you will need to pay the cancellation fee according to the Japan Airlines flight cancellations policy.
- If you have a Business Restricted ticket, then the airline will levy $100 to $400 as the cancellation fees.
- If you have a Business Promotion, Economy Flexible Fare, or Economy Restricted Fare ticket, then you are not allowed to cancel your ticket.
Japan Airlines Refund Policy
After knowing the rules related to Japan Airlines cancel tickets, you should know the following to get details of Japan Airlines refund policy:
- You will not get any refund if you cancel a business promotional or an award ticket.
- No refund will be initiated if you cancel the reservation after the lapse of the scheduled departure.
- Full refund will be credited if you cancel your tickets within 24 hours of the booking.
- If applicable, then the refund amount will be provided after deducting the flight cancellation charges as per the Japan Airlines cancellation policy.
- You will also get a full refund if the airline cancels the flight.
- No cancellation fee will be levied if the flight is delayed for 4 hours or more.
How to Cancel Flight Japan Airlines Online?
After knowing the Japan Airlines International cancellation fee and rules, you must understand ways to cancel your tickets. With Japan Airlines, you cancel your tickets with two different options: online and offline. So, look at the following to learn more about the steps involved in the process of online cancellation:
- Visit the official website of Japan Airlines.
- Enter your user ID and password to sign in.
- Go to the MANAGE MY TRIP along with your last name and reservation code.
- Click on the ticket you want to cancel.
- Select the appropriate cancellation reason but read the terms and conditions properly beforehand.
- After this, submit your refund request.
- Once you do it, you will get a confirmation email on your registered mail ID or phone number.
When the cancellation process is completed, the airline will initiate the refund within 3 weeks from the day of request submission.
How to Cancel Flight Japan Airlines Offline?
If you are not able to cancel your flight tickets online for any reason, you can do it by opting for one of the following methods: via a phone call or at the airport or the booking counter. If you choose to cancel your tickets via a phone call, you can call on +1-844-673-0381. This number is accessible 24*7 and available in many languages. When you call on this number, you will need to select your desired language.
Now, provide the aviation executive with the e-ticket number. Answer the questions asked by the executive to complete the cancellation. Once the process is done and a refund request is raised, a confirmation mail will be sent to your registered email ID or phone number. In case, you want to gather more details about Japan Airlines cancellation policy, Japan Airlines cancellation charges, Japan Airlines refund policy, etc., give us a call or simply visit our official website for professional support.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of the frequently asked questions about Japan Airlines cancellation policy and related details have been answered here:
1. Cancel your ticket within 24 hours of the purchase.
2. The scheduled departure date should be one week away from the date of flight booking.
3. If the airline cancels the flight, then you will be provided with a full refund.
To read the Japan Airlines ticket cancellation policy online, you can go to the official website of Japan Airlines or simply call Airlines Policy to understand everything.
When this happens, you will be provided with the following:
1. Full refund
2. Two calls and two fax
3. Free accommodation
4. Free beverages along with drinks
5. Travel voucher
To get a full refund, you will need to show the following to the airline:
1. Standard ticket or e-ticket
2. A confirmation email receive from Japan Airlines along with a valid confirmation reason
3. Visa paper and passport
4. Boarding passes (if any)