JetBlue is a popular low-cost airline in the United States that offers several convenient options for check-in. Here’s what you as a passenger need to know about JetBlue check-in before your next flight.
How can I check in for my JetBlue flight?
There are several ways to request JetBlue check-in for your flight:
- JetBlue web check-in
- Mobile Check-In
- Airport Kiosk Check-In
- Ticket Counter Check-In
- Curbside check-in
Does JetBlue have online check-in?
Yes, JetBlue does offer online check-in for its flights. You can check in online by visiting the JetBlue website and clicking on the “Check In” tab. Enter your flight information and follow the prompts to select your seats and receive your boarding pass.
What type of passengers are not eligible for online check-in?
The following types of passengers were not eligible for JetBlue flight check-in online:
- Passengers who availed of JetBlue pet travel service.
- Passengers paid for JetBlue checked baggage.
- Passengers who require special assistance, such as unaccompanied minors, travelers with disabilities, or those who need wheelchair assistance.
- Passengers traveling on a group booking (10 or more passengers).
- Passengers traveling to/from Cuba.
Passengers should always check with JetBlue to confirm eligibility for online check-in.
Why won’t JetBlue let me check-in?
There could be several reasons why JetBlue airlines check-in is not support your booking –
- Your flight may not be open for check-in yet.
- You may have missed the check-in deadline.
- You may not have completed all the required fields.
- You may not be eligible to check-in online
If none of these reasons apply, you may want to contact JetBlue customer service for further assistance.
How do I check-in for my flight online?
To request JetBlue com check-in, follow these steps:
- Go to the JetBlue website and click on the “Check In” tab at the top of the page.
- Enter your confirmation number, last name, or TrueBlue number and password to access your reservation.
- Select the flight you wish to check-in for and follow the prompts to select your seats and confirm any additional information.
- Review your flight information, including your departure time, gate, and seat assignments.
- Once you have confirmed all information, you will be able to access your boarding pass.
- Print your boarding pass or save it to your mobile device for easy access at the airport.
Web check-in JetBlue Airways is available 24 hours prior to departure and closes 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Do I need to print my boarding pass if I checked in online?
No. JetBlue offers the option to use mobile boarding passes on your smartphone, which can be scanned at the airport security checkpoint and at the gate.
Does JetBlue offer mobile check-in?
Yes, you can request JetBlue Airways check-in through a mobile app on your smartphone or tablet.
Download the app, enter your flight information, and follow the prompts to select your seats and receive your boarding pass.
JetBlue mobile check in is available 24 hours prior to departure and closes 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
How to request JetBlue check-in through a mobile app?
To request JetBlue check-in through the mobile app, follow these steps:
- Download the JetBlue mobile app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Log in to your JetBlue account using your TrueBlue login credentials or your booking confirmation number and last name.
- Navigate to the “Check In” tab in the app and select your upcoming flight.
- Follow the prompts to select your seats and any other relevant information.
- Once you have confirmed all information, you will be able to access your boarding pass.
- Save your boarding pass to your mobile device for easy access at the airport.
Mobile check-in is available 24 hours prior to departure and closes 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Does JetBlue request curbside check-in?
Yes, JetBlue does offer curbside check-in at some airports. With curbside check-in, you can check in for your flight and drop off your baggage without having to enter the airport terminal.
How do I request curbside check-in with JetBlue?
To request curbside check-in with JetBlue, follow these steps:
- Arrive at the departure terminal for your JetBlue flight.
- Look for the JetBlue curbside check-in desk or counter. N
- Present your government-issued photo ID and flight confirmation to the JetBlue representative at the curbside check-in desk.
- The JetBlue representative will print your boarding pass and tag your checked baggage. (Note in case of excess baggage, JetBlue check in baggage fee may apply.)
- Proceed to the security checkpoint and then to your departure gate.
Note that not all airports offer curbside check-in, so it’s a good idea to check the JetBlue website or contact the airline directly to confirm availability at your departure airport.
Can I request JetBlue check-in through a self-service check-in kiosk?
Yes, JetBlue offers self-service check-in kiosks at most of its airport locations, which allow you to check in for your flight, select your seat, and print your boarding pass.
This is a convenient option for passengers who want to avoid long check-in lines and can’t or prefer not to check in online or through the mobile app.
To use a self-service check-in kiosk, you will need to follow these steps:
- Locate a JetBlue self-service check-in kiosk at the airport.
- Enter your confirmation number, e-ticket number, or frequent flyer number, and your last name.
- Follow the prompts to select your seat and any other relevant information.
- Once you have confirmed all information, the kiosk will print your boarding pass.
- If you are traveling with checked baggage, you can take your boarding pass and bags to the JetBlue bag drop area.
It’s recommended that you arrive at the airport with enough time to complete the check-in process.
Does JetBlue offer ticket counter check-in?
Yes, JetBlue does offer ticket counter check-in at its airport locations. This is a traditional check-in option where you can check in for your flight, select your seat, and check your bags with a JetBlue representative at the airport ticket counter.
To use the ticket counter check-in option, you will need to follow these steps:
- Locate the JetBlue ticket counter at the airport.
- Present your government-issued photo ID and flight confirmation to the JetBlue representative.
- The JetBlue representative will check you in, select your seat, and print your boarding pass.
- If you are traveling with checked baggage, you can drop off your bags at the JetBlue bag drop area.
How early can I check in to JetBlue?
JetBlue allows passengers to check in for their flights up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure time. This can be done online or via the JetBlue mobile app.
Is it better to check in early for the flight?
Yes. If you request JetBlue early check-in, you are more likely to have access to a larger variety of seats, including ones with extra legroom, window, or aisle seats.
What is the check-in starting and closing time for JetBlue flights?
Starting and closing JetBlue check-in time may vary depending on the departure airport, the specific flight, and other factors. Refer to the table below
|Flight Type||Check-in Start Time||Check-in End Time for Domestic Flights (with checked baggage)||Check-in End Time for International Flights|
|Mobile App Check-In||24 hours prior||40 minutes prior||60 minutes prior|
|Online Check-in||24 hours prior||40 minutes prior||60 minutes prior|
|Airport Check-in||3 hours prior||30 minutes prior||60 minutes prior|
|Airport curbside check-in||6 hours prior||40 minutes prior||60 minutes prior|
|Airport self-service check-in kiosk||3 hours prior||40 minutes prior||60 minutes prior|
How do I get the Boarding pass for a JetBlue flight?
There are various ways to get a boarding pass from JetBlue for your flight. These methods include –
- Checking in online – You can access your electronic boarding pass after checking in online through the website or the JetBlue mobile app. You have the option of printing it out or saving it to your phone.
- Kiosk check-in – Checking in at a JetBlue self-service kiosk at the airport will allow you to print your boarding pass immediately
- Counter Check-in – A printed boarding pass is also available if you check in with a JetBlue agent at the airport counter.
Regardless of which method you use, make sure you have your boarding pass and any required travel documents handy to display at the gate before boarding your flight.
What is the boarding time for the JetBlue flight?
Boarding typically begins 15 minutes before scheduled departure for domestic flights, and 20 minutes for international flights.
What is the boarding order for passengers taking JetBlue flights?
JetBlue usually boards in groups, giving preference to passengers based on ticket type, frequent flyer status, and other considerations.
Here is the typical boarding order for JetBlue flights:
|Passengers that fall under JetBlue special assistance program||1st|
|Mosaic members Even More Space passengers (passengers who have paid for extra legroom seats). Group A||2nd|
|Active duty military personnel||3rd|
|Families traveling with small children||3rd|
|Group B (passengers in the middle of the main cabin)||4th|
|Group C (passengers in the back of the main cabin)||5th|
|Group D (passengers with aisle seats in the back and middle seats up front)||6th|
|Group E (passengers with aisle seats in the forward part of the aircraft)||7th|
|Group F (passengers in saver seats)||8th|
|All remaining passengers||9th|
Note: Unaccompanied minor passengers would be boarded in the last and would be escorted by the airline’s crew members.