Want to cancel or make changes to your KLM Airlines tickets? If yes, then you surely want to make an informed decision. And for that, it is quintessential for you to understand the KLM cancellation policy like the back of your hand. To grab every minor detail about the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines cancellation policy, you have come to the right place. Here, we will explain everything that you should know before canceling or making changes to your ticket.
So, let us get started!
- KLM Flight Cancellation Policy
- KLM 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
- How to Cancel KLM Flight Tickets?
- Method 1: KLM Cancel Flight Online
- Method 2: Cancel KLM Flight Tickets via a Phone Call
- Method 3: Cancel KLM Tickets at the Airport
- How to Rebook a KLM Cancelled Flight Today?
- KLM Cancellation Charges
- KLM Refund Policy
KLM Flight Cancellation Policy
We all know that unexpected situations or calamities can occur at any time and to anyone. In that case, cancelling your ticket or making changes to your KLM flight schedule is the only way out.
However, if you are flying with KLM Airlines, then you should not worry about anything as their cancellation policy is quite convenient and flexible.
This is one of the reasons why you can even cancel a KLM ticket after check-in. However, for that, you will need to pay a certain amount as the KLM cancellation fee.
KLM 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
As per the KLM 24-hour cancellation policy, you can cancel a KLM flight within 24 hours of the purchase. If you choose to cancel the ticket within 24 hours, the airline will provide you with a full refund.
This KLM free cancellation 24-hour policy is available on all fare types and all domestic and international flights. However, the airline reserves the right to change its 24-hour cancellation policy at any time and without giving any prior notification. Therefore, you should connect with us to know more about the latest KLM policies.
How to Cancel KLM Flight Tickets?
The airline provides its passengers with numerous methods to cancel their reservations with great ease. So, continue reading to learn more about the same.
Method 1: KLM Cancel Flight Online
- Visit the official website of KLM.
- On the homepage, you will get to see the option saying “MY TRIP”. Click on it.
- To retrieve your flight bookings, you can log in to your FLYING BLUE account or simply use the BOOKING CODE.
- If you choose the BOOKING CODE option, then you will require providing the family name with the code.
- And after this, you will need to log in.
- Once you logged in, you will be redirected to a new page – MANAGE BOOKING –containing several options.
- Here, you will need to choose the ‘CANCEL’ option to cancel your KLM ticket.
- Now, several instructions will appear on the screen.
- Cautiously read them to avoid issues later and follow the same to complete the KLM cancellation process.
Method 2: Cancel KLM Flight Tickets via a Phone Call
If you want to do KLM cancellations today and you are aware of the KLM ticket cancellation rules, then you can do it via a phone call also. Just call on the KLM customer service number.
An executive will be assigned to you. Upon your request, they will ask you to provide them with certain details such as name, booking number, etc. to initiate the KLM trip cancellation.
Once done with the KLM cancel reservation process, you will be notified by the airline on your registered email ID and phone number regarding the same.
Method 3: Cancel KLM Tickets at the Airport
In case the above methods fail due to any technical or non-technical reason, you can still go for KLM cancellations today by going to the nearest KLM ticket booking office or to the airport.
Just provide the executive with the necessary details and they will cancel your flight tickets on your behalf.
How to Rebook a KLM Cancelled Flight Today?
To book your tickets with KLM Airlines again, you will need to follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Browse through the official website of KLM Airlines.
- Log in to the “MY TRIP” account with your credentials.
- Now, click on the “CHANGE FLIGHTS” option.
- Look for a schedule that goes well with your plans.
- Charges applicable (if any) on making the changes will be listed there.
- Make the changes you want and confirm the same.
- If you are booking a ticket with a higher fare type, then you will require paying the difference amount through your preferred payment mode.
- Once the process is completed, you will get an email from the airline containing new air tickets and boarding passes for the journey.
In case you are unable to rebook your flights, you can always choose to call the professional and adept customer support team of KLM. They will guide and assist you to make the entire process easy and hassle-free.
KLM Cancellation Charges
Thanks to the flexible and passenger-friendly cancellation policy, you can cancel or make changes to your reservation easily. If you opt for the KLM 24-hour cancellation policy, then you can make changes thrice with no additional fee within 24 hours of the purchase.
In case, you do it after the risk-free period, then a certain amount will be levied by the airline as the KLM cancellation fee. Besides, if you rebook your flight tickets for a higher fare, then you will need to pay the KLM flight cancellation fee along with the difference amount.
KLM Refund Policy
If you want to get the KLM cancellation compensation, then it is more than important for you to understand the KLM cancellation refund policy. Your flight cancellation refund depends on the ticket you have purchased – refundable or non-refundable.
If you have a refundable ticket, then you will be provided with a full refund. But when you cancel a KLM non-refundable ticket, you will require canceling or making changes within 24 hours of the booking to avoid KLM cancellation charges and get a full refund. Once you submit your cancellation request, it will take 2-4 weeks to refund the amount.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
You can cancel your tickets via one of the following modes – the official website, via a phone call, or at the airport/ KLM ticket booking office.
Yes, you can only cancel your basic economy ticket within 24 hours (as per the KLM cancellation policy) of the purchase if you want to get a refund. But you are not allowed to cancel your tickets after this risk-free period.
Yes. You can cancel Flex or any other refundable ticket after this period and submit your refund request keeping the rules of the KLM refund policy.
If you cancel your non-refundable ticket, then you will need to pay the KLM flight cancellation fee of $200-$500, depending on the location, duration of the flight, and the fare chosen.
To check this, you will need to visit the official website of the airline and enter the document or ticket number. When you do it, the refund eligibility and other related details will display on your screen.
KLM cancellation policy offers so much flexibility to passengers who have booked flight tickets with KLM. I had recently canceled a flight ticket and saved myself from paying cancellation charges since my flight ticket was canceled within the given time period.
Hold two flights with KLM. Managed to ask for a refund for one and a credit voucher for another. Connected to a KLM executive in 10 minutes, which is much better and superior to the other airlines. After a week I received a refund email as well as the other email for a travel credit voucher. KLM cancellation policy did not charge us anything extra. Thank you!