Are you having a last-minute change in plans, you’re just looking to postpone your dream holiday trip? In this post, we would be discussing everything about the KLM change flight policy. If you’re flying with KLM flights, and do not understand how the rebooking/rescheduling works, you simply landed at the right place. Let’s discuss the KLM change policy in detail.
KLM Change Flight Date Policy
Here’s the overview of the KLM change flight policy –
- According to the KLM change policy, you are allowed to make modifications to your booking to the new flight date, class of service as well as the flight route or destination.
- According to the KLM name change policy, you are not allowed to alter the name of the passenger in lieu of another. However, only name correction is allowed which is up to three characters at no extra charge.
- KLM flight change cost includes a flight change fee plus a fare difference, if applicable.
- KLM change flight date policy would be applicable on non-restricted fares only.
- KLM flight change dates or destinations can only be applicable on tickets booked via the airline’s portal, KLM customer service number, or at the airport counter.
- As per the KLM schedule change policy, no change fee, as well as fare difference, would be applicable. Passengers can rebook or reschedule their booking up to 7 days from the original date of departure.
- As per the KLM change booking policy, you are not allowed to exchange your KLM reservation with another airline.
- All KLM fares and classes of service can be rebooked. This applies to short, medium, and long-haul flights operated by KLM.
KLM Change Booking Policy within 24 hours
Here are the following highlights from the KLM change booking policy within 24 hours –
- KLM flight date change fee would not be applicable within 24 hours of purchase. Only fare difference would be applicable
- KLM change flight date policy for 24 hours would be applicable on restricted as well as non-restricted fares.
- In case of KLM ticket change within 24 hours, passengers would get a refund on the lower fare difference.
- If the ticket was issued by a travel agency or any Online Travel Agency (OTA), you will pay a service fee of 35 USD to request a KLM ticket change.
- Passengers can also change names or corrections at no fee within 24 hours of booking.
Apart from that, if any passenger wants to cancel their flight ticket, the KLM Cancellation Policy allows making cancellation to the booked flight.
KLM Flight Change Fee
Here’s the overview of the KLM change flight fee –
- KLM flight change cost includes an admin fee of 200 USD for all the international reservations.
- For all the flights within Europe, passengers will be assessed 75 USD as a KLM flight change fee.
The above-mentioned KLM flight date change fee would be applicable on all fare rules, regardless of class of service and fare type selected.
KLM Ticket Change Flexibility
You can add flexibility to your travel when booking your next flight via klm.com, and enjoy leverage to rebook your flights up to 3 times, without paying any KLM flight date change fee.
KLM ticket change flexibility gives you an option to –
- KLM changes flight to a particular segment or an entire booking up to 3 times.
- You can request KLM change flight service for any date, destination, or time.
- Change up to 48 hours before flight departure without any KLM flight change fee.
- Passengers would not be paying fare difference if making changes to the same fare type. When changing to a lower fare type, any fare difference would not be reimbursed.
KLM Change Seats Online Policy
Passengers can request KLM change seats online for free at the time of check-in on the KLM app or via the airline’s booking portal. Add to that, selecting a regular seat or a special seat beforehand can be done for free. Here are the important points to consider before requesting a seat change to your flight –
- KLM allows you to pick regular seats at no charge during online check-in.
- KLM change my seat request might incur an additional fee for the passengers who booked restricted fares.
- Economy Comfort seats, extra legroom seats, 2-row seats, and front selection seats can be reserved for a fee.
- Y, B, or M fare type tickets allows you to select regular seats free of charge at any time.
- Group travelers can choose seats free of charge for everyone in their group. Seat selection to be completed between 8 days and 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
- If you reserved a flight and changed the date later, you can do the seat selection for free of charge.
KLM Ticket Change Procedure
You can simply change the travel dates, destinations, and flight time with any kind of non-restricted fare – or if you bought flexibility. You will find the KLM change flight policy and conditions in the ‘My Trip’ section as well as in your booking confirmation email. You can make KLM change flight date request via three ways –
KLM change flight online
Here’s the step-by-step procedure on how you can make changes to your KLM booking online –
- Visit the KLM’s booking portal, and log in to the ‘My Trip’ section with your six-digit booking reference along with the last name of the passenger.
- If you’ve already checked-in for your flight, you need to cancel that before proceeding to the KLM flight change date request.
- In the ‘My Trip’ section, go to your flight details and click on the ‘Change my booking’ link.
- Search and select the alternate date, times, or destination you wish to change. Any KLM flight change fee and the fare difference would be specified.
- In case you purchased travel extras for your KLM booking, you can reserve the same for your new flight itinerary. If similar travel essentials would not be available, you can simply request a refund for travel extras. You will receive a refund in the form of a credit voucher.
- Click on the ‘Confirm my new flight’ button, and pay for the KLM flight change cost with your preferred payment method. KLM processes all refunds for the surplus in the form of vouchers.
- Once the payment is successful, you will receive an email confirmation with your new flight itinerary on your registered email address.
KLM change flight via phone
You can also request KLM change flight date request as you can reach out to us on our 24/7 KLM change flight phone number at +1-855-568-1951. If you request a flight change over the phone you need to pay the KLM flight change fee plus any applicable fare difference. No KLM flight change cost would be applied if you have booked a fully flexible fare or if you purchased flexibility on your KLM booking. To request KLM flight change over the phone –
- Keep your six-digit KLM booking reference number handy, and provide the new date, time, or destination for your new itinerary.
- The agent will specify the KLM flight change fee and the fare difference if any.
- Pay KLM flight change cost with the debit/credit card over the phone.
- Once the transaction is successful, you will receive an email confirmation with your new flight itinerary on your registered email address.
KLM change flight via airport counter
You can also request KLM change flight date request at your departure airport. You need to place a KLM flight change request 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure at the latest.
KLM Change Flight Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you’ve booked your ticket via KLM, you can change your flight via My Trip. At KLM you have several rebooking possibilities, it is advisable to review the KLM change flight policy. That way, you could exactly know what your options are. In addition, you can also do KLM flight change via KLM change flight phone number at +1-855-568-1951.
You can simply rebook or cancel your flight via ‘My Trip section. Also for all the involuntary cancellations, you can reach out to us via KLM change flight phone number at +1-855-568-1951.
Please follow these simple steps –
1. Check if you’re already checked in. If you need to cancel your check-in, and then make KLM change flight requests online.
2. Check if your KLM reservation PNR starts with 074. If not, then you must have booked your flight with a different airline. KLM change flight date policy would not be applicable on such booking.
3. Check the fare rules of your booking to validate if you purchased a restricted fare for your booking.
KLM flight change cost includes an admin fee of 200 USD for all the international reservations. For all the flights within Europe, passengers will be assessed 75 USD as a KLM flight change fee.
No, KLM change ticket name cannot be requested once the flight ticket is confirmed. However, you can request a name correction in case your name does not match exactly as it appears on your passport. This can be done by calling us on the KLM change passenger helpline at +1-855-568-1951.