Any Korean Air passenger can cancel their Korean Air flights in the wake of any unavoidable situation or a mistake while making the reservation. This prevents the situation from spiralling out of control as you may not lose the entire money spent on the Korean Air ticket.
However, it is not that simple. Korean Air cancellation policy is a bit complicated due to which you may fail to avail the right refund amount or other services and products. But no more. The below guide will make you familiar with your rights as a passenger on Korean Air cancellation policy.
Highlights of Korean Air Cancellation Policy
- As per the Korean Air ticket cancellation policy, the passengers can easily cancel the reservation made with Korean Air from seven (7) days to 1 day (24 hours) before the departure of the flight.
- In case the passenger has a refundable ticket then s/he can further apply for a refund on the particular canceled reservation.
- According to the Korean Air cancellation policy, the passengers are eligible for a Korean Air cancellation fee if the cancellation is performed after the granted time of 24 hours.
Korean Air 24 hour Cancellation Policy
Just like most of the airlines, the Korean Air also provides the 24-hour cancellation policy that allows the passengers to cancel the reservation within the initial 24 hours of the purchase of the ticket with Korean Air without any Korean Air cancellation fee. While providing the flexibility to the passengers, the Korean Air allows the passengers to cancel the air tickets on the same date of reservation or 24 hours without having to pay the charge for that. But for this policy to work, there must be at least a week (seven days) for the flight to take off along with the 24-hour condition. In case any one of the two statements does not verify then the Korean Air cancellation fee will be applicable to the passenger performing the cancellation. If both the conditions are true then the passenger is eligible for having a full refund after performing the cancellation.
How to Cancel Korean Air Tickets?
The passengers who do not understand the cancellation procedure can execute the steps mentioned below to cancel Korean air ticket:
- Start off with the official website of Korean Air to start the cancellation process.
- If you have an account with Korean Air then you need to type in your details to log in into the account and then proceed with the process.
- Simply start off by going to the home page of the website.
- Look for the title of “My Trips” or “Bookings” and initiate it by making a choice on the same.
- You can see that all the reservations made with Korean Air are listed down in this tab but then you are required to choose the booking that you are sure of dropping.
- After the ticket has been selected by you for the dissolution, a pop-up message will attempt to intervene as it will require you to verify whether you are sure of the action selected. Tap on the option of “Yes” in case you desire to proceed with the cancellation procedure of the booking chosen and tap on the option of “No” if you don’t in case you do not desire to proceed with the cancellation.
- On tapping the option of “Yes” the ticket selected from the menu will be removed.
- You will obtain an SMS or an email about the reversal of the reservation enacted.
- In case there is a refund on making the cancellation then you will get it credited in the same account through which the reservation was made.
- Kindly note that the refund will be credited once the deduction of the Korean Air cancellation fee (If any) is done from the refund amount.
- If there is any difficulty in the cancelation process then contact the Korean Air executives.
Korean Air Cancellation Fee
On making a cancellation with Korean Air there will be a charge or fee imposed by the airline. The fee is determined by various factors like the departure point of the scheduled flight, destination of the scheduled flight, time of cancellation, type of fare purchased, the duration between the cancellation the departure and many more:
- Passengers flying to any domestic destination with Korean Air will not need to pay any cancellation fee for making any changes in their flight booking.
- Cancellation fee for passengers flying to international destinations with Korean Air will be calculated differently depending on various factors. Passengers from Canada will be required to pay CAD 30.
- Passengers from Indonesia are required to pay IDR 350,000 for initiating a change or cancellation.
- Most importantly, in case the passenger applies for a refund the Korean Air flight cancellation fee will be imposed for both domestic and international flights that will be determined by the flights.
Visit the official website of Korean Air if you wish to explore the Korean Air cancellation policy in detail or cancel Korean Air flight without any hassle.