Any Korean Air passenger can cancel their Korean Air flights in the wake of any unavoidable situation or a mistake while making the reservation. This prevents the situation from spiraling out of control as you may not lose the entire money spent on the Korean Air ticket. However, it is not that simple. Korean Air cancellation policy is a bit complicated due to which you may fail to avail of the right refund amount or other services and products.
The below guide will make you familiar with your rights as a passenger on Korean Air flight cancellation policy.
Highlights of Korean Air Cancellation Policy
- As per the Korean Air ticket cancellation policy, passengers can easily cancel the reservation made with Korean Air from seven (7) days to 1 day (24 hours) before the departure of the flight.
- In case the passenger has a refundable ticket then she/he can further apply for a refund on the particular canceled reservation.
- According to the cancellation policy, the passengers are eligible for a cancellation fee if they cancel the booking after the granted time of 24 hours.
Korean Air 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
Korean Air provides a 24-hour cancellation policy that allows passengers to cancel their reservation within the initial 24 hours of the purchase of the ticket with Korean Air without any Korean Air cancellation fee. While providing flexibility to the passengers, Korean Air allows the passengers to cancel the air tickets on the same date of reservation or within 24 hours without having to pay the charge for that.
But for this policy to work, there must be at least a week (seven days) for the flight to take off along with the 24-hour condition. In case any one of the two statements does not verify then the Korean Air flight cancellation fee will be applicable to the passenger performing the cancellation. If both conditions are true then the passenger is eligible for a full refund after performing the cancellation.
How to Cancel Korean Air Tickets?
Passengers who do not understand the cancellation procedure can execute the steps mentioned below to cancel their Korean air ticket:
- Start off with the official website of Korean Air to start the cancellation process.
- Type in your details to log in to the account and then proceed with the process.
- Simply start off by going to the home page of the website.
- Look for the title of “My Trips” or “Bookings” and initiate it by making a choice on the same.
- You can see that all the reservations with Korean Air are there in this tab but then you can choose the booking that you are sure of dropping.
- After the ticket has been selected by you for the dissolution, a pop-up message will attempt to intervene as it will require you to verify whether you are sure of the action selected. Tap on the option of “Yes” in case you desire to proceed with the cancellation procedure of the booking chosen and tap on the option of “No” if you don’t in case you do not desire to proceed with the cancellation.
- On tapping the option of “Yes” the ticket selected from the menu will remove.
- You will obtain an SMS or an email about the reversal of the reservation enacted.
- In case there is a refund on making the cancellation then you will get the amount back in the account.
- Kindly note that the refund will credit once the deduction of the Korean Air flight cancellation fee (If any) is done from the refund amount.
- If there is any difficulty in the cancellation process then contact the Korean Air executives.
Korean Air Flight Cancellation Fee
On making a cancellation with Korean Air there will be a charge or fee imposed by the airline. The fee is determined by various factors like the departure point, travel destination, time of cancellation, type of fare purchased, the duration between the cancellation and the departure, and many more:
- Passengers flying to any domestic destination with Korean Air will not need to pay any cancellation fee.
- The cancellation fee for passengers flying to international destinations with Korean Air will be calculated differently depending on various factors. Passengers from Canada will have to pay CAD 30.
- Passengers from Indonesia have to pay IDR 350,000 for initiating a change or cancellation.
- Most importantly, in case the passenger applies for a refund the Korean Air cancellation fee will impose for both domestic and international flights.
Visit the official website of Korean Air if you wish to explore the Korean Air cancellation policy in detail. Passengers can also cancel Korean Air flight bookings without any hassle.
Korean Air Refund Policy
The exemplary refund policy further strengthens the service and enhances the passenger base by a lot. Korean Air’s refund process is fast, efficient, and very easy. The passengers can seek a refund at the snap of a finger unlike the traditional way of wandering around the airline.
- The passengers can make Korean Air refund requests both online as well as offline.
- The refund usually takes 7 to 10 days to reflect in the bank account.
- Korean Air’s refund policy clearly mentions that passengers can only seek a refund if they have a refundable ticket.
- In order to apply for a full refund, the passengers must cancel their tickets within 24 hours of booking.
- The refund amount also depends on the class of the tickets purchased. A passenger with an Economy Lite ticket must abide by the 24 hours rule. On the other hand, a passenger with a business class ticket can cancel the booking for free up to a week before departure.
- Refund applications must submit at least 30 days from the expiration date of the Korean Airline’s ticket.
- For international trips, the passengers must submit the refund request at least 91 days before the departure date.
- The refund process would not be commenced if the passengers have not submitted a document along with it. A photo ID or the E-ticket of the customer can be submitted as the document.
- If the passengers have paid for their tickets via a credit card, the amount would reflect back on their credit card.
- If the passengers wish to take the refund in the form of cash or cheques, they can walk down to the ticket center to do so.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Yes. Korean Air cancellation policy allows passengers to cancel their flights as per their desire. The cancellation of the booking depends on the type of ticket you have purchased.
If you have bought a refundable ticket, the airline will let you cancel it. Non-refundable tickets cannot be canceled under any circumstances.
You can definitely cancel your award ticket if you do not wish to use it. The award ticket can be used later as the airline reimburses the miles after cancellation. You can directly use the miles in the next ticket.
As per the Korean Air ticket cancellation policy, the used miles would be deducted from the award fee when you make a refund request for a partially used or completely unused ticket.
You can cancel a flight reservation in a myriad of ways while traveling with Korean Airlines. If you wish to make the cancellations online, you need to go to the official website to do so. If you wish to make the cancellations offline, you can either give a call at the global contact center or walk down to the ticket center.
Yes. You can apply for a refund if you do not wish to travel by Korean Air. However, the airline has complete liberty to deduct the cancellation charges from the refund if the passengers do not cancel their tickets within the risk-free cancellation period.
Passengers buying non-refundable tickets are not allowed to get any refund.
In order to get a refund from the airline, the passengers would have to follow some steps. The passengers must fill out the refund form after canceling their tickets online. If they are canceling the tickets via a call or the ticket center, they must ask the customer support executive to fill out the refund form right away.
If Korean Air cancels your ticket at the end moment, you would have two options in your hand. You can either opt to take a full refund from the airline or you can opt for the next alternative flight as arranged by the airline.