The Korean Air check in process has been redefined to ensure your journey starts on the right note. With a focus on streamlining your experience, their check-in services are designed to make your travel preparations stress-free.
What are the Korean Air check-in methods?
Korean Airlines offers a variety of check-in options to their passengers, these include –
- Online check-in
- Mobile app check-in
- Automated check-in
- Traditional airport counter check-in
- Self-service kiosk check-in
How does the Korean Air online check in work?
Korean Air online check in time varies for domestic and international flights. Below is the overview –
- Domestic flights – You can now check-in online from 48 hours up to just 30 minutes before your departure time.
- International flights – The Korean Air online check in time starts within a window of 48 hours to 1 hour before your scheduled departure. For flights to the USA/Canada, Korean Air check in is available 24 hours before scheduled departure.
Korean Air online check in process
Here’s a simple breakdown of how passengers can effortlessly perform –
- Visit the official Korean Air website.
- Navigate to the online check-in section on the homepage.
- You can also click on this hyperlink to access the Korean Air check-in page.
- Enter the six-digit booking reference, departure date, last name, and first name in the required field.
- Click on the Search button to retrieve.
- Identify the specific flight for which you wish to check-in. This step is crucial if you have multiple flights in your itinerary.
- Select your preferred seats.
- Review all the provided information, ensuring accuracy in your details.
- Go ahead and confirm your check-in.
- At this point, you have the option to print your boarding pass or have it sent to your inbox.
Eligibility criteria for Korean Air online check in
While the Korean Air check in online is catered to most of the passengers. However, the exceptions may apply –
- Passengers traveling with other airlines.
- Services that require airport staff confirmation, such as Unaccompanied Minor service or special assistance, cannot be processed through online check-in.
- Passengers under the age of 19 traveling alone are unable to use online check-in for domestic flights.
- Flights departing from Da Lat, Mudanjiang, Urumqi, Nanning, Guiyang, Huangshan, and others unfortunately, do not support online check-in.
Korean Air arrival guidelines
Passengers must arrive at the boarding gate in compliance with the timing mentioned in their booking confirmation or boarding pass –
- Domestic flights – Passengers need to present at the boarding gate 20 minutes before departure.
- International flights – For international arrival, arrive at the boarding gate 1 hour before departure.
How does the Korean Airlines automated check-in work?
Automated check-in takes care of your check-in process automatically. Here’s what you need to know –
Service Hours – This service is available from the moment you complete your booking up to 48 hours before your flight’s departure.
Boarding pass – The Korean Air boarding pass will be sent to you via email or SMS.
Passport consideration – Accurate passport information is essential and must be valid for at least 6 months on the day of travel.
Boarding pass delivery – Provide your exact email address or mobile phone number to receive your boarding pass.
Customization – Passengers can request Korean Air flight cancelation or reissue their flights before the online check-in deadline.
Eligibility criteria automated Korean Airlines check in
Not all passengers are eligible for Korean Air automated check in
- Passengers flying on a codeshare agreement flight.
- This service isn’t available for passengers with discounted fares.
- Services requiring airport staff confirmation, UMNR service, medical assistance, etc.
- Passengers under the age of 19 traveling on a flight within South Korea.
- Flights departing from Mudanjiang, Urumqi, Nanning, Guiyang, Huangshan, Da Lat, and more are not eligible for automated check-in service.
How does Korean Air mobile check-in work?
The Korean Air check in app lets you complete the boarding process conveniently from the comfort of your smartphone. Here’s how it works –
- Download the official Korean Air mobile app.
- Tap on the Check-in section.
- Select the flights for which you want to complete the check-in.
- Explore the available options such as seat selection, meals, and any other special request.
- Proceed to confirm your Korean air check in.
What is Korean Air counter check-in?
Here’s all you need to know about Korean Air check in counter process –
Domestic flight – The check in window closes 30 minutes before the scheduled domestic flight departure.
International flight – Korean Air check in for international flights counter closes 1 hour prior to departure.
Please Note: For domestic flights arrive at the airport 1 hour before departure, and 2 hours for international flights.
Steps for Korean Air check-in at the airport
Follow these steps –
- Head to the airport well in advance. It’s recommended to arrive at least 1 hour before domestic flights and 3 hours before international flights.
- Find the Korean Air check in counters.
- Approach the counter and present your passport and other travel documents to the airline staff.
- The Korean Air airline’s representative will verify your details and assist you with your boarding process.
- If you have checked baggage, they will tag your baggage and ensure it’s routed to your destination.
- Once your documents are verified, the airline staff will provide you with your boarding pass.
- Pass through security, and wait at the boarding gate for your flight to be called.
Documents required for Korean Air counter check-in
You must have the following documents for the hassle-free Korean Airline check in process –
- Ensure you have your valid passport with you. Remember a passport has a minimum validity of 6 months from your arrival date at most destinations.
- For domestic flights within Korea, your original identification is required.
- Carry a copy of your flight e-ticket.
- Understand the immigration laws of your destination country. Check whether a visa is needed.
Special cases under airport counter check in
Certain reservations require a special coucher, regardless of whether checking in online or at the airport –
- Passengers accompanying infants on international flights departing from Singapore.
- Children under 12 years of age on flights bound for the Philippines and Canada.
- Passengers availing Korean Air pet travel services.
- Travelers who need an entry visa.
What are Korean Air check in kiosks?
Here’s all you need to know about the Korean Air check in kiosk –
Information – The kiosk at the airport helps you assign the seat and issue the boarding pass. Below is the overview of the operating hours and eligibility –
|Domestic (All airports)||30 minutes prior to departure||Must have confirmed e-tickets|
|International||1 hour prior to departure||Must have confirmed e-tickets.|
Traveling to a destination does not require a visa.
Passengers traveling from Incheon International Airport (ICN) to the US under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP)
Passengers traveling from Incheon/Gimpo/Gimhae International Airport to China must have Korean or Japanese nationality.
Kiosk check-in step-by-step process
Follow these simple steps to complete the Korean Air check in process –
- Find your flight booking with the preferred options on the screen i.e. through passport, booking reference, e-ticket number, frequent flyer, and QR barcode.
- Select your preferred passengers for check-in. You can request Korean Air check-in service at the kiosk for up to 6 passengers traveling on the same itinerary.
- Double-check the provided information about the passengers and flight details is accurate.
- Select seats for each passenger.
- Insert each passenger’s passport into the designated slot.
- Certain airports like Incheon, Auckland, Brisbane, Singapore, Vancouver, Toronto, and Boston offer the baggage tags service.
- Your check-in process is complete. Collect your boarding pass and proceed to the baggage drop counter.
Self-service check-in kiosks availability
Korean Air check in kiosk is also available at the following airport in US and Canada –
|Los Angeles International Airport||3F level of International Terminal||Zone B||3F||International|
|JFK International Airport, New York||2F level of Terminal 1||Zones B and C||2F||Terminal 1|
|San Francisco International Airport||3F level of International Terminal||Zone A||3F||International|
|Harry Reid International Airport, Las Vegas||2F level of Terminal 3||East Wing||2F||Terminal 3|
|Tacoma International Airport, Seattle||Main Terminal||N/A||N/A||Main Terminal|
|Vancouver International Airport, Canada||International Terminal||N/A||N/A||International|
|Fort Worth International Airport, Dallas||3F level of Terminal D||Korean Air Check-in Counters 1–10||3F||Terminal D|
|Toronto International Airport, Canada||Passenger Terminal 3||N/A||N/A||Terminal 3|
|Logan International Airport, Boston||3F level of Terminal E||N/A||3F||Terminal E|
How to obtain a Korean Air boarding pass?
When it comes to air travel with Korean Air, knowing how to access your boarding pass is essential –
- Accessing your boarding pass after Korean Air online check in – After completing online check-in, simply go to My Trips on the airline’s website or the Korean Air mobile app. You will find your Korean Air boarding pass there.
- If you lost your boarding pass with Korean Air – If you lose or damage your printed boarding pass after online check-in, you can reprint it or request one at the airport counter.
- You can reprint one on the airline’s website multiple times under the “My Trips” section.
- Boarding pass at the airport counter – Passengers can request a Korean Air print boarding pass at the airport check-in counter. You can get assistance from the airline’s flight representative.
- Boarding pass at the check-in kiosk – Passengers flying within Korea can request a boarding pass at the airport kiosk facility up to 30 minutes before departure. You can also use kiosk to select seats.
Please Note: With mobile check-in, your Korean Air mobile boarding pass is securely stored on your smartphone
Advantages of using a mobile boarding pass
Here are the numerous advantages that mobile boarding pass offers –
- Your Korean Air mobile boarding pass is securely stored in your smartphone. And you can keep it handy whenever you need this.
- Receive instant notifications for all Korean Air schedule changes, flight delays, or any other important information.
- In some cases, you can also select or modify your seat selection through the mobile app.
- Passengers no need to stand in long queues at check-in kiosks and ticket counters.
From the convenience of online check-in to counter check-in, the airline offers a range of options tailored to diverse preferences. With Korean Air user-friendly platforms, passengers can access their itineraries, select seats, and secure their boarding passes with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
For domestic flights, you can check in 48 hours before departure and up to 30 minutes prior to departure, and for international flights, it is between 48 hours and 1 hour before departure.
You can check in with Korean Air using multiple methods – online check-in, mobile app, automated check-in, or traditional counter check-in at the airport.
For Korean Air check in online, visit the Korean Air website or use their mobile app. Enter your booking reference or e-ticket number and follow the prompts to complete the check-in process.
Certain flights departing from specific airports may not support online check-in. Any itinerary that requires special requests such as wheelchair assistance, pet travel, etc. is not eligible for Korean Air online check in.
It’s recommended to arrive at the departure area at least 30 minutes before domestic flight departure and at least 1 hour prior to international flight departure.
No, printing your boarding pass isn’t necessary. Korean Air offers digital boarding passes that can be saved on your smartphone or accessed via email.