If for some reasons you must cancel your SAS booking, it is advised that you go through SAS Cancellation policy. Not only will you do it fast, but also save money and earn rewards. This is why we have got you this easy guide on SAS Airlines cancellation policy that has been explained in layman’s terms for you.
So here we go:
Main Highlights of SAS Ticket Cancellation Policy
Uncertainties are a part of life and no one understands it better than SAS Airlines. If you are having second thoughts about taking the flight, you can cancel it without any hesitation. The airline gives a plethora of options to the passengers to cancel their tickets:
- As per the SAS cancellation policy, the passengers are allowed to cancel their tickets for free if they are making the cancellations within 24 hours of booking.
- The bookings have to be made at least 7 days before the departure date if you wish to avoid the cancellation charges.
- SAS cancelled flights by the airlines would compensate the passengers by providing them with two options. The passengers can either opt to take the next alternative flight or they can apply for a SAS Airlines refund.
- If a passenger has booked a round ticket and wants to make a cancellation for one way, the passengers would get a SAS refund for the unused trip.
- SAS Airlines cancellations have to be done in the same way in which a passenger did the booking. The airline does not entertain swapping the mode of cancellation in any condition.
SAS Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
The airline has framed an extensive 24-hour cancellation policy for times of predicament. If you are a travel fanatic who makes impulsive bookings, do not worry! The airline has completely got you covered.
- The ultra flexible SAS cancellation policy gives the leverage to its passengers to make any cancellations without having to pay if the cancellation has been made within 24 hours of booking.
- The 24 hours cancellation window is not applicable for every ticket. The passengers who have bought the tickets in SAS Go Light and SAS Go Smart would not be eligible for any refund even when they have followed the policies set by the airline.
- Upon cancelling the flight within the given span set by the airline, the passengers can get a full refund. Albeit the cancellations can even be made after 24 hours, there’s a certain fee that would be levied on the passengers.
Different Ways To Cancel SAS Airlines Ticket
SAS Airlines makes the process of cancellation hassle-free with a wide variety of cancellation options. We have covered all the ways in which the passengers can make the cancellations.
SAS Airlines Cancellations Online
Ditch the trouble of relying on someone else to cancel your ticket. The passengers can now cancel their tickets within seconds from the comfort of their couch. A step to step guide for online cancellation is mentioned below:
- Open any server and visit the official website of SAS or Scandinavian Airlines. https://www.flysas.com/en/
- You can select the language which you like and the nearest airport.
- You would be able to see a “My Bookings” section on the top part of the home page.
- Click on the “Flight” preference if the cursor is on the “Car Rental” option.
- Now that you have clicked on the flight option, enter your booking reference number and your last name.
- Click on the search button.
- You would be able to see your flight details on the screen.
- You can now cancel your tickets when you have finally logged in.
- Fill out the refund form if you want to get the amount for the unused trip.
- Voila! The cancellation would be made in these simple steps, you would receive a notification on your email ID and contact number regarding the same.
Step By Step Guide To SAS Airlines Via A Call
The passengers can now enjoy a number of options for making any cancellations or modifications. If you do not wish to make the changes online, you can simply do it offline by giving a call to the airline’s office.
- The airline is led by a group of seasoned professionals known for their outstanding problem-solving skills.
- The passengers need to give a call at and explain their situation to the executive assigned to them.
- The executive would then look into the cancellation status and some other information of the passengers, they would then put you on hold and check the eligibility for the cancellation and refund.
- After some moment, the customer executive would tell you about the procedure and charges (If any). The refund would be initiated instantly after the cancellation as per SAS cancellation policy.
- The passengers would have to pay a little service fee when the changes are made with the assistance of an executive.
Cancel Your SAS Airlines Ticket Via The Ticket Centre
Offline cancellations can be done in numerous ways, one of which is via visiting the ticket centre or the airport.
- The passengers can go to the ticket centre and get in touch with an executive present at the ticket centre.
- The executives would hear your situation and help you out accordingly.
- Make sure to explain the reason for the cancellation in detail and know about your refund status.
- The refund would be initiated as per the norms of the SAS cancellation policy. The executives are extremely friendly and help out the passengers in every way possible.
SAS Airlines Cancelled Flight Compensation
Out of all the services that the airline plans for its passengers, inconvenience is not one. However, things do not always go as planned, delay in flights may happen due to some emergency conditions. For those times, the airline takes special initiative to compensate for the mishap.
- If your flight has been cancelled by the airline, you would be provided with the next alternative flight to the same destination.
- In some cases, the airline also reimburses the passengers with the additional costs for the accommodations and the meals purchased during the time of delay.
- If the flights have been cancelled for some natural reasons such as bad weather etc, the airline is not subjected to any compensation in those conditions.
SAS Cancellation policy is exclusively crafted to make flying easier and more accessible for passengers in every corner of the world. If you have any query regarding any clause of the policy, drop a message. We will get in touch with you.
SAS Cancellation Fees
If passengers cancel their Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) Bonus trip or the Star Alliance trip within 24 hours of booking, they are eligible for a full refund without having to pay any additional cancellation charges. However, if the cancellations were not made within the free cancellation window, the passengers would be entitled to pay a small amount as the cancellation fee. The cancellation fee for the airlines are as follows:
- The passengers who have cancelled their tickets within 10 days from the departure of flight also known as no show would have to pay a 100 percent fee which is deducted from their ticket amount. Meaning, the passengers would be provided with no refund at all.
- The passengers who have cancelled their tickets at least 10 days before the course start days (Departure date) within 24 hours of booking would have to pay no charge to cancel their tickets.
- The cancellation fee varies as per the destination, class, type of fare and several other reasons. Usually, the airline charges approximately 60 to 200 USD depending on the factors of cancellations.
- The cancellation fee for Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) would be deducted from the ticket itself if the passengers decide to cancel their tickets at the end moment. Please note that not every ticket can be cancelled on this airline.
SAS Airlines Refund Policy
SAS Airlines cancellation policy has set certain rules that every passenger needs to follow to be eligible for a refund. Some of which have mentioned below:
- Most of the tickets in the airline are refundable. However, the passengers need to make the cancellations within the free cancellation window if they want a 100 percent refund.
- SAS Go Light and SAS Go Smart tickets are non-refundable.
- If you have booked the tickets in a group and are willing to cancel a ticket or two, the airline would provide you with a refund of the cancelled tickets.
- If you have booked a round trip with SAS Airlines and want to cancel a ticket for one way, you can seek a refund for the unused part of the trip.
- The airline would make the refund within 5-10 business days as per the ticket type of the passenger (Domestic or International). While domestic flights take comparatively lesser days for the reimbursement, the international refunds take a bit longer.
- You can simply fill out the refund form and wait while the airline proceeds with the refund, the amount would be reflected in your source account.
- Passengers who made the bookings via a credit card would get a refund in the same account. If you have purchased your ticket via cash, the airline would get in touch with you and reimburse you in the account of your choice.
- If the flights are delayed by more than 3 hours, the passengers can opt for a full refund by contacting the ground staff at the airport. You can also fill out the refund form even in time of crisis.
Frequently Asked Questions on SAS Airlines Cancellations
Yes. The passengers can indubitably seek a 100 percent refund as mentioned in the SAS cancellation policy. If you wish to apply for a full refund, you must cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking. The passengers can make the cancellation even after that time. However, the amount refunded would be lesser with every hour closer to the departure time.
If the airline cancels your flight, you would be provided with two options at that time. The passengers can either opt to take the next alternative flight sent by the airline or they can seek a full refund. The flight would drop you at the same destination on your last ticket. Almost all the times when the airline has cancelled its flights, it has always reimbursed the passengers for the meals purchased at the airport. If the delay lasts for more than 3 hours, the passengers are provided with free accommodation at the airport hotels.
If we go through the SAS cancellation policies, we would know that the airline provides a free cancellation window for 24 hours. If the passengers have missed out on the free cancellation span, they would have to pay a small fee ranging between 60 to 100 USD. The cancellation fee depends on several factors such as the type of ticket purchased, the destination and the time of cancellation.
In some cases, the cancellation fee for the tickets would cover the entire amount, nullifying the SAS Airlines refund. The passengers can check whether their tickets are refundable or not while making the bookings.
Yes. The passengers are allowed to make the cancellation online. However, the cancellations can only be made online if you have booked the tickets in the same way. SAS cancellation policy does not allow the passengers to swap the mode of cancellation.
You can visit the official website of the airline and click on the manage booking section. Enter your last name and booking reference number to fetch the flight details. Click on the cancellation option and make sure to fill out the refund form.
Yes. If you wish to make the modifications to your ticket, you can surely proceed with it. SAS change policy is the same as the SAS cancellation policy. If you wish to make the changes for free, make sure to do it within 24 hours.
At a time when the world is going through severe destruction, SAS Airlines has taken a step to ease the cancellation and change policy for passengers who are affected due to the pandemic. If you are someone who has to cancel or modify your tickets due to COVID, you can get in touch with the team and make the cancellations and modifications for free. SAS cancellation policies are different for this emergency pandemic situation.
To whom it may concern,
My flight has been cancelled. Booking reference NRMFJJ.
The original flight was a direct flight to Stockholm, and this was chosen and paid more for to get a quick travel ie a travel of estimate 4 hours and 25 minutes. The new flight offered is 11 hours which is terrible. Is it possible to get any sort of refund for the inconvenience?
Thanks in advance,