With the Spirit Airlines name change policy, many travelers have wondered whether they are allowed to swap the passengers or what if they have inserted the misspelled name on the boarding pass.
The airlines have the systems in place that will allow passengers to handle such situations, like by what time before the scheduled departure passengers can make the name changes, and how much it’ll cost. Let’s understand the important highlights.
- Rules to Change Name on Spirit Flight Ticket
- Fee for Spirit Airlines Change Name on Ticket
- How to Change/Correct Name on a Spirit Airlines Ticket?
- Method 1: Change/Correct Wrong Name on Ticket Online
- Method 2: Change/Correct Name via Airline’s Customer Service
- Name Correction Policy of Spirit Airlines
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Spirit Change Name on Ticket
Rules to Change Name on Spirit Flight Ticket
As per Spirit name change policy, passengers can correct up to three characters on the first name, middle name, or last name. The combination of three characters shall not be misunderstood as separate three characters each for first name, middle name, and last name.
Along with this, there are additional rules to follow such as:
- Spirit change name on ticket request would be permitted if there is a legal name change, as that would be charged for no additional cost.
- Any other information about the passenger like contact information or gender would not be covered under Spirit Airlines name change policy.
- For all other information to the name changes including date of birth, contact information, gender, and passport information, the passenger needs to support the support documentation including Marriage certificate, Court Order, Divorce Decree, or any Legal name change document.
- It is recommended to add the middle name, or any prefix and/or suffix to match the name exactly as it appears on the government-issued photo ID.
- In case any passenger has the multiple flight segment, the name change request would take place on the airlines flight segment only.
- The airlines offer a risk-free cancellation period where passengers can change or correct the name within 24 hours as no Spirit Airlines name change fee would be assessed.
- To change the name ticket, the flight must be operated by the airlines and the ticket stock number must start with 095.
- As per Spirit Airlines name change policy, the airlines restrict the change in ownership of the reservation.
Fee for Spirit Airlines Change Name on Ticket
Spirit name change fee would be applied as per the fare rules or conditions mentioned below –
|Fare Conditions||Name Change/Correction Fees|
|change fee||225 USD|
|Rebooking fee||250 USD|
|name correction up to 3 letters||225 USD|
|For flight segment from different airlines in the booking||225 USD|
|Name correction that requires special approval from the airlines||175 USD|
|Changing the ownership of the ticket||200 USD|
|Name change in a genuine case of typo errors||150 USD|
|Name change requests for Europe bound flights||250 USD|
How to Change/Correct Name on a Spirit Airlines Ticket?
Travelers can change/correct names on flight booking online as well as over the phone. Let’s understand the Spirit Airlines name change process via the following two methods –
Method 1: Change/Correct Wrong Name on Ticket Online
Here are the step-by-step method to change the name on the flight reservation online –
- To change name on Spirit flight, visit the Spirit airlines website, and navigate to the ‘Manage Booking’ section.
- Enter the six-digit booking reference along with the last name of the passenger. Click on the ‘Confirm’ button to retrieve the booking.
- Click on the ‘Change’ button to alter the name of the passenger.
- Enter the correct name.
- Correct up to three characters online.
- Alter the name to ensure it should appear identical to the government-issued photo ID.
- Attach the legal document to validate the correct name of the passenger. Pay the Spirit Airlines name change fee.
- Passengers will receive the confirmation with the correct name on the registered email.
Method 2: Change/Correct Name via Airline’s Customer Service
Call the Spirit Airlines customer service and request to change/correct the name up to 24 hour before the scheduled departure.
Name Correction Policy of Spirit Airlines
To change flight tickets, it is strictly prohibited to create any speculative booking with the hope that a name change request would be entertained at a later stage. The airlines consider such a move as an abusive practice. Here are the important highlights from the to correct Spirit airlines wrong name on ticket –
- In general, Spirit Airlines change ticket name requests would not be entertained on an existing PNR. In such a case, the PNR would need to be canceled if ticketed. The new reservation is to be made using the current availability.
- Spirit Airlines name correction shall be understood as the correction of the passenger’s last name, first name, middle name, or title due to any spelling mistake or missing part of the name
- The request shall be understood as a complete alteration of passenger’s last name, middle name, first name, or any/all combination of them. The name change is limited only to cases where passengers legally changed it.
- The title of the passenger and the space character in the name change request is included in the count of 3 characters.
- Addition, deletion, or change of personal travel information, date of birth (DOB), can be processed by the booking source and shall not be included in the count of 3 characters.
- Requests for change of name on flight tickets where passengers legally changed last name, first name, middle name or any/all combination of them, will be supported by official travel certificate.
- Name correction/name change for all flight bookings created from frequent flyer clubs are restricted at all times.
- Swapping passenger requests is not permitted, according to the Spirit Airlines name correction policy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Spirit Change Name on Ticket
Yes, as per Spirit Airlines name change policy, travelers can correct up to three characters on the first name, middle name, or last name. The combination of three characters shall not be misunderstood as separate three characters each for first name, middle name, and last name.
You can change the name on reservation online as well as over the phone.
Yes, As per Spirit Airlines name correction policy before any passenger corrects the last name, always ensure that the last name, first name, and middle name must be identical with the government-issued photo ID. To change the whole last name, feel free to reach our Airlines executives.
As per Spirit Airlines name change policy, passengers’ first name and middle name can be corrected up to three characters by the airlines, and shall not be understood as 3 characters for the first name and three characters for the last name.
To request the Spirit Airlines misspelled name on the ticket, passengers can contact the airline’s customer service.
No, a middle name is not required unless it is included in the government-issued photo ID.