The process of checking in for your flight is often the first step on your journey with Air Europa, setting the tone for a hassle-free travel experience. Whether you’re a seasoned traveler or it’s your first time flying, understanding the ins and outs of Air Europa check in procedures can help you with a smooth and enjoyable travel experience.
What are the ways to check in with Air Europa?
Air Europa check in is eligible for the passengers with ticketed and confirmed reservation and is not applicable on the codeshare and interline agreement partner flights. These methods include –
- Air Europa online check in – Visit the airline’s website and go to the “Online Check-In” to complete the Air Europa boarding process. It is available between 24 hours and 45 minutes before departure.
- Mobile check-in – It offers the convenience of completing the online check-in from the comfort of your smartphone. Simply download the app and follow the instructions within the app to complete the check-in process. This allows you to view and save your digital boarding pass on your mobile device.
- Check-in counter – If you prefer in-person assistance, you can check in at the Air Europa check-in counter at the airport. Airline staff will assist you with the due process and offer you a printed boarding pass.
What is the process for Air Europa online check-in?
Air Europa check in can be completed through the airline’s website or the mobile app. Here’s what you need to know –
Air Europa online check in requirements
Passengers who prefer online check-in require a Booking reference or the ticket number.
- Booking reference – It is a combination of letters and numbers associated with your flight reservation. The booking reference generated by Air Europa contains 6 characters.
- Ticket number – It is a 13-digit number that starts with 996 followed by a unique 10 digits.
- Surname – You must enter the last name of the passenger associated with the Air Europa booking.
Steps to request web check in
Follow these steps –
- Go to Air Europa official website and navigate to the ‘Check-in’ at the top-right corner of the homepage.
- The ‘Check-in’ tab is also available at the center of the homepage.
- Either way you choose, it will take you to this page.
- You can search your booking either through Booking reference or ticket number. Click on the ‘Search’ button to retrieve your flight details.
- Select the flight segment and then select the seats.
- You can access the seat map to select your preference.
- Add the checked baggage details. Remember your checked baggage and hand luggage must comply with the checked baggage guidelines.
- Add meal preference if you’re traveling on a flight within Europe or any international destination.
- Review all the flight details and preference and confirm the check-in to generate the Air Europa boarding pass online
- You can receive it via email or simply print it out.
On the day of departure, if you’re traveling with checked luggage, simply head to the Air Europa airport check in counter to receive the baggage tags.
Online check in eligibility criteria
Air Europa online check in is not available for the following passengers –
- Group booking that includes 10 passengers or more.
- Air Europa unaccompanied minors
- Passengers seeking medical or wheelchair assistance at the airport.
- Passengers availed of Air Europa Pet Travel service.
- Flight operated by other airlines.
What to do if Air Europa online check in is not working?
In case, the Air Europa online check in not working you should follow these steps –
- Double check details – ensure that all the information you’ve entered is accurate such as booking reference, and last name. The airline’s generated booking reference is case sensitive and minor typos can cause online check-in to fail.
- Try different devices – At times compatibility issues with the device may not allow you to complete Air Europa Airlines check in. Try using a different device or a different browser to access the Air Europas’ website.
- Clear browser cache – Clear your browser’s cache and cookies to ensure fast loading of the Air Europa check in tab. This can sometimes resolve technical issues that prevent you from check-in online.
- Disable pop-up blocker – Pop-up blockers in your browser might interfere with the Air Europa check-in process.
- Check your timeline or eligibility – Make sure you’re within the Air Europa online check in time window. The airline allows online check-in 24 hours before scheduled departure. Also, check that your reservation or any request associated with your booking requires airport check-in.
How to check in via mobile app for Air Europa?
If you’re completing Air Europa online check in through mobile, make sure to complete the check-in 45 minutes before departure for domestic flights and 60 minutes before for international flights. Follow these steps to complete the process –
- Download the Air Europa mobile app from your device’s app store. The app should be available for both iOS and Android devices.
- Launch the app and tap on the ‘Check In’ tab.
- Enter your booking reference (PNR) and last name to access the booking.
- Choose the passengers for whom you want to check in. You can usually check in for multiple passengers in the same booking.
- Select the flight segments and choose your preferred seats. Tap on the ‘seat’ icon to access the seat map.
- After verifying and confirming your check-in details, the app will generate Air Europa mobile boarding pass
Before heading to the airport, make sure you have all the necessary travel documents, including your digital boarding pass, ID or passport, and any required visas.
How does airport check in with Air Europa work?
Air Europa airport check in operates 2 hours before departure and closes 45 minutes prior for domestic flights and 60 minutes for international flights. Follow these steps –
- Arrive at the airport well in advance of your flight’s departure time.
- Loon for Air Europa check in counter. You may find one at the departure hall.
- You may be seeking assistance from the Air Europa airline’s staff, join the queue.
- Have your travel documents ready, including your passport or identification alongside your booking details.
- The airline staff will assist you with the check-in process, assign seats, and provide Air Europa boarding passes.
- If you have checked baggage, you’ll need to drop it at the Air Europa baggage check in counter. Ensure your bags are properly tagged.
- After completing check-in, proceed to security and, if applicable, immigration. Once through security and any necessary immigration checks, follow airport signs to your departure gate.
Alternatively, you can use self-service kiosks if available. These kiosks allow you to check in by following on-screen prompts.
Please Note – Remember that if your reservation has any special requirements you will need to check in at the airport counters.
What is the recommended time for Air Europa check in?
The Air Europa check in time is the deadline by which you must complete the check-in process, receive your boarding pass, and have your baggage checked if needed. Below is the overview of the Air Europa online check in time.
|60 minutes before departure
|Domestic and European Flights
|45 minutes before departure
Please Note: This check-in window would be applicable for the mobile check-in as well as the airport check-in.
What are the required documents for Air Europa check in?
Here is the general information and documents required for Air Europa check-in at the airport-
- You’ll need your booking reference or ticket number
- For international flights, you must have a valid passport.
- For domestic flights, you must have a national ID card.
- You may need a visa to enter certain countries.
- Having a copy of your flight itinerary or e-ticket is not mandatory but can be helpful.
- You can have your boarding pass on your mobile device or Air Europa print boarding pass.
How to get Air Europa boarding pass?
Here are the common ways to obtain an Air Europa boarding pass –
Air Europa web check in – After you complete the Air Europa Airlines check in, you can choose to obtain your boarding pass electronically, which can be saved to your mobile device or printed.
Mobile app – Once you’ve checked in, you can view and save your digital boarding pass on your mobile device.
Airport kiosk – Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the check-in process through the self-service check-in kiosk and request an Air Europa print boarding pass.
Check-in counter – Airline staff will assist you with the check-in process and provide printed boarding passes. For security reasons, it is necessary to obtain an Air Europa print boarding pass at the airport counter for –
- Flights to Cuba
- Flights from Columbia
The Air Europa boarding pass will be printed at no additional cost.
Whether you prefer the convenience of online check-in from the comfort of your home or the personalized assistance of the airline’s staff at the airport, Air Europa strives to make your experience as seamless as possible. Remember to check the latest updates and requirements on the Air Europa website before your flight, and arrive at the airport with ample time to spare.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Can I check in at the airport with Air Europa?
Yes, you can check in at the airport with Air Europa, counter check-in starts with the airlines 2 hours before departure and ends 45 minutes for domestic travel and 60 minutes for international travel.
Do I need to check in online for Air Europa?
No, it’s not mandatory, you can choose to check in at the airport if you prefer customized travel. It is always preferable to complete Air Europa web check in to avoid long queues and save time at the airport.
How to check in to Air Europa?
You can check in with Air Europa through online check-in via the airline’s website or mobile app, at the airport using self-service kiosks, or at the check-in counter.
When can I check in Air Europa?
The online check-in typically opens 24 hours before departure and the Air Europa airport check in window starts 2 hours before departure.
Where is Air Europa check in at New York JFK?
Air Europa operates at Terminal 4 at JFK, visit the departure hall of the terminal hall to complete the check-in at the airport.
Why didn’t Air Europa let me check-in online?
It could be technical issues, travel restrictions, or specific requirements for your flight. If you encounter difficulties with online check-in, it’s best to contact Air Europa customer service for assistance.
Do I need to print my boarding pass if I check in online with Air Europa?
No, you don’t always need to print your boarding pass if you’ve checked in online with Air Europa. The airline accepts Air Europa mobile boarding pass.
How to do international flightscheck in with Air Europa?
You can check in online through the airline’s website or mobile app, or you can check in at the airport. Please note that the international check-in closes 60 minutes before scheduled departure.