Prior to making your plans to fly to your favorite or unexplored destinations, you would definitely want to know which airport can serve you the best in 2022. Based on a general observation, usually, the busiest airports in the world tend to assist customers in the best ways. Through airports like AMS, Haneda, and London Heathrow, an unimaginable number of fliers have remained satisfied. Rich with numerous terminals, stores, restaurants, hotels, and more, the world’s busy airports are worthy of planning your trips with. Knowing the destinations and services covered by these airports can additionally benefit you when you finalize your travel plans.
- What is the Busiest Airport in the World?
- 1. Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS)
- 2. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- 3. O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- 4. London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
- 5. Dallas – Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- 6. Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK)
- 7. Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- 8. Dubai International Airport (DXB)
- 9. Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG)
- 10. Roissy/Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG)
- 11. Tokyo International Airport (Haneda Airport)
- 12. Denver International Airport (DIA)
What is the Busiest Airport in the World?
The busiest airports this year are from locations like Chicago, China, UAE, etc. These places are important for having big airports that can manage movements and traffic that often keep them busy. From Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport to Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport, numerous airfields are available in 2022.
As you go through the top busiest airports in the world in 2022 listed below, you can choose which one to go by despite high traffic.
1. Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS)
The passenger traffic, internationally, is chiefly the reason why AMS is the busiest airport in the world 2022. This traffic is a result of the rich infrastructure of AMS. This infrastructure is featured by a terminal with 3 departure halls. The massive movement of passengers has become smoother since the formation of these halls.
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol does have additional terminals too that are responsible for ensuring several facilities. Recent statistics indicate that because of these terminals, more than 71 million travelers are seen flying from this airport in a year.
2. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
ATL or Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is based in Georgia. In fact, it is the primary airport in the country. The attributes of the airport make it able enough to handle numerous passengers. Hence, it is placed among the busiest airports in the world. This is further evident by 75 million people choosing ATL for initiating their trips.
Additionally, the following are the impressive details about this busy airport:
- The airport observes as many as 707,661 plane operations.
- It is spread across an area of 4,700 acres. That is why the airport can accomplish numerous operations.
- Some of the most popular airlines fly via Atlanta Airport like Air France, British Airways, etc.
3. O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
In Chicago, this airport remains quite busy as travelers continue using it. Due to continuous flights as well, ORD or O’Hare International Airport often remains occupied. Since its establishment in 1944, ORD has seen various developments. It has a sizable complex for the addition of new terminals as well as facilities. Enriched with 5 functional terminals, in particular, 54 million is the number of passengers that indicates what the busiest airport in the world is capable of.
4. London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
London Airport is a beautifully crafted airfield in England. Beyond its appearance, the functioning of LHR Airport is more notable. With respect to international travelers, the airport has been the 22nd busiest airport globally.
Let us further look at what is the world’s busiest airport’s attributes that give it the rank:
- Across 75 years, London Heathrow Airport has significantly grown.
- Interestingly, 80 carriers use LHR.
- As many as 185 locations can be reached through London Airport.
- This is one of the airports that remain busy in 2022 due to its 5 terminals.
- 22 million is how many customers the airport assists with respect to flying.
5. Dallas – Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
A crucial highlight of Texas is Fort Worth International Airport. Additionally called Dallas or DFW Airport, it enjoys a special spot in the list of busiest airports in the world. Countless airlines execute their operations at DFW.
Dallas or Fort Worth International Airport is worthy of supporting ground-based transportation comprising car, bus, highway, and rail facilities. Above all, 75 million visitors frequent DFW annually, thus, making it very busy.
6. Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK)
This public airport is located in China, specifically in Beijing, as the name goes. In the capital of the country, there are 2 airports serving internationally. PEK Airport is one of these. Prior to becoming the busiest airport in the world, it was recognized as a significantly occupied airfield in Asia. Gradually, PEK or Beijing Capital International Airport leveled up its facilities to attract more passengers.
- PEK has 3 terminals.
- It has the best security and systems, hence, being a vital choice for the passengers.
- With a number of stores, the airport in Beijing enjoys greater traffic.
- Around 100 million fliers pick this airport as the ideal one for flying.
7. Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) handles a multitude of operations to be listed as the world’s busiest airport. It is an apt airport for passenger as well as cargo destinations. With an endless number of airlines like Air China, Air New Zealand, etc., it helps 48,007,284 customers to fly. Freight movements are carried by it via more than 30 airlines.
8. Dubai International Airport (DXB)
More known by the code DXB, this is a popular airport not just in the United Arab Emirates but internationally as well. With a size of 7200 acres, it is easier to assume the massive capacity of the airport to handle a big number of travelers every year.
Dubai International Airport has a staff equivalent to 90,000 employees. The professionalism of the staff indicates why the busiest airport in world satisfies the flying needs of more than a billion visitors.
9. Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG)
Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) is important for being China’s hub internationally. Enjoying a rich history, this is one of the airfields that see continuous expansion. Consequently, PVG has Terminal 1 with a runway as long as 4000 meters. Its Terminal 2 is crucial for the transport of cargo equivalent to 4200000 million tons. Via this terminal, 60 million travelers can also reach their desired destinations.
It goes without any doubt that for being counted among the busiest airports in the world in 2022, PVG has its efficiency in keeping so many customers satisfied. Moreover, with the availability of satellite concourse options, more terminals can be added in the future. Hence, more customers and cargo-related activities will be seen.
10. Roissy/Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG)
This airport is quite an old one in France. More popular as Roissy Airport, it witnesses never-ending aircraft and traveler movements. To be exact, 76 million is how many travelers choose CDG Airport for their plans. With nearly 50 thousand movements, the airport stays busy most of the time.
A glance at the following too can reveal why CDG is the busiest airport in the world:
- Its location is the prime reason why customers opt for it.
- The big terminals of Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport keep millions of customers comfortable at all times.
- Roissypôle is a famous complex that attracts passengers to check out the hotels and buildings available here.
11. Tokyo International Airport (Haneda Airport)
Situated in Japan, Tokyo International Airport/Haneda Airport serves passengers with domestic and international travel requirements. This is a result of its long-term standing in the aviation industry, that is, since 1931. As of 2022, it is efficient at completing these needs via 3 terminals that are privately operated. With big halls, stores, and eating spots, the terminals can assure numerous facilities.
Additionally, Cathay Pacific, Hawaiian Airlines, Japan Airlines, etc., frequently operate from here. Although HND Airport is yet to explore more cargo destinations, 85 million visitors fly via it. Thus, it is able to compete with the top busiest airports in the world 2022.
12. Denver International Airport (DIA)
This airfield goes by the code DEN largely for its easy identification. With 33,531 acres of land in its area, it is indeed a big airport. At the same time, it is quite a busy airport too.
Ever since its formation, Denver International Airport has been occupied. Its location is surely one reason for this. Beyond it as well, it is busy because of the following:
- DEN is recognized for its terminal with 3 concourses.
- The availability of ground transportation makes the world’s busiest airport convenient for passengers to travel via the airfield.
- Allegiant, Copa, Delta, etc., are the best airlines whose services can be availed of from here.
- 58 million is a big number hinting at the number of travelers using DEN.
There are numerous airports that observe a heavy flow of customers and cargo at most hours in 2022. As they continue experiencing this, most of them tend to be better equipped with the abilities and facilities to serve. Knowing such busiest airports in the world through this post will prove to be of use when you decide where to travel next. With a selection as worthwhile as one of these, you can expect the most professional flying services too.