Aer Lingus, an Irish based airline carrier, holds flexible cancellation policies. Depending upon the type of fare you have purchased, it allows the cancellation of the tickets within the permissible time frame to ensure a full refund to its flyers.
Here are the main highlights of the Aer Lingus cancellation policy.
- Aer Lingus cancellation policy is specific to the fare type booked by passengers.
- All the Aer Lingus booking cancellations must be done up to two hours before the scheduled departure by passengers to be eligible for the refund.
- Aer Lingus refund for cancelled flights is processed back to the original mode of payment within 7 days. Customers are notified via email.
- Aer Lingus cancelled flights of a multi-segment itinerary is always counted as a change and may result in an increase in airfares.
Aer Lingus 24 Hour Cancellation
Aer Lingus ticket fares are non-refundable with the exception of the flights to and from the United States. Cancel your flight within 24 hours from the date of purchase of the ticket for a full refund. However, the date of departure has to be seven days after the date of purchase.
All the Aer Lingus 24 hour cancellation can be processed easily online at aerlingus.com. Go to the ‘My Trip’ section, insert your six-digit reservation code along with the last name of the passenger. In addition, you also have to fill up an Aer Lingus cancellation form. Once you get the Aer Lingus cancellation claim notification via email, the refund is processed back to your original mode of payment in 7-10 business days.
Aer Lingus Flight Cancelled Refund As Per Fare Type
Depending upon the type of fare you have purchased, the Aer Lingus cancellation policy varies. You may be eligible for Aer Lingus flight cancelled refund, as it depends upon the following types of airfares:
- Saver or SmartFares
- Advantage, AerSpace or Flex Fare
- Business Fare
- Business Flex Fare
Saver or SmartFares
The Aer Lingus flight cancelled refund does not apply to Saver and Smart fares with the only exception for cancellation within 24 hours. In addition, the departure date has to be at least one week or more from the date of purchase. In such cases, the Aer Lingus cancellation refund administration fee of 21 USD would be applied to each passenger.
Advantage, AerSpace or Flex Fare
Aer Lingus cancellation policy is very flexible for Advantage, AerSpace, and Flex fare. You can apply for a full refund if you cancel up to two hours prior to your departure. If any flyer has opted for SmartFares and later upgraded to Advantage, AerSpace or Flex fare, he or she would be eligible for Aer Lingus cancellation refund on fare difference only.
Aer Lingus cancellation refund is processed after the deduction of 15 per cent and applicable government taxes. You can cancel this anytime prior to the departure time. Also, if the original booking is upgraded to business fare, Aer Lingus flight cancelled refund of fare difference is permitted.
Business Flex Fare
Aer Lingus cancelled flight policy for this type of fare is fully refundable if you cancel any time prior to the scheduled time departure. If any flyer has upgraded to this class from SmartFares, only the price difference you had paid for upgrade is eligible for the refund.
Aer Lingus Cancellation Due to Illness or Bereavement
If you need to cancel your reservation due to any critical illness or sudden death of an immediate family member, Aer Lingus cancellation policy due to illness or bereavement applies and passengers would be eligible for a full refund. In such cases, all you need to do is visit aerlingus.com and navigate to ‘Manage Trip’ section and fill Aer Lingus cancelled flight claim form along with the necessary documents to claim the refund.
Aer Lingus claims for cancelled flights due to bereavement is applicable to immediate family members such as spouse, children, grandchildren, parents, grandparents, siblings, father or mother-in-law, brother or sister-in-law, niece, nephews, aunts and uncles.
Flight Cancellation Aer Lingus Compensation
In the event of non-operation of any Aer Lingus scheduled which got cancelled, all the passengers are covered under Aer Lingus cancelled flights compensation. Aer Lingus cancellation compensation is applicable under the following conditions :
- Aer Lingus cancelled flights due to weather or any natural calamity.
- Aer Lingus cancelled flights due to any state emergency.
- Aer Lingus cancels flight due to security concerns prior to departure.
- Aer Lingus cancels a flight due to lack of passengers or Aircraft or Space
- Aer Lingus cancels booking if pilot unfit to fly.
- Aer Lingus cancellations due to any Mechanical issues.
If the Aer Lingus cancelled flights due to the aforementioned reasons, then Aer Lingus claims for cancelled flights are as follows :
- Aer Lingus refunds for cancelled flights would be eligible for a full refund of the full ticket cost and should be processed within seven days from the date of cancellation.
- Passengers would get the seat of their choice and meal preference free of cost.
- Aer Lingus also covers the hotel accommodation in case there is a long connection. Also, the airport transfers are covered under the Aer Lingus claims for cancelled flights policy.
Aer Lingus Cancelled Flights Compensation for Delays
As per Aer Lingus cancellation policy, any passenger can apply for a full refund of the ticket cost if the flight is cancelled due to scheduled delays. Passengers are entitled to compensation as follows :
- 270 USD for all the flights having travel distance less than 1500 KM
- 430 USD for all the flights having travel distance that ranges from 1500-3500 KM
- 650 USD for all the flights having travel distance beyond 3500 KM
FAQs About Aer Lingus Cancellation Policy
Yes. In case of Aer Lingus cancelled flights today, tomorrow or anytime, you are entitled to get a full refund. Always check the weather advisories issued by the airline before your scheduled departure and arrival.
Visit aerlingus.com to initiate the cancellation. Go to the ‘Manage Trip’ section, enter the six-digit booking reference code and the last name of the passenger. It will give you the option to cancel as well as reschedule your existing trip. You are also eligible for the Aer Lingus cancelled flight refund if you have purchased Aer Lingus Advantage fare, Flex fare, Business fare and Business Flex fare.
Simply call us at our 24*7 Aer Lingus cancellation phone number to seek all kinds of assistance related to cancellation. Please note, Aer Lingus terms and conditions cancellation policy would be the same over the phone. In addition, there is no additional service fee other than airline cancellation fee.
Simply call us on Aer Lingus cancellation number. Keep all the relevant documents (death certificate) handy while seeking assistance. Our travel experts will do the best to provide you refunds and compensation under the guideline of Aer Lingus cancellation due to illness or death in a family.
If you have initiated the cancellation online, you must have received the cancellation notification via email.
Yes. We can. Give us a call and we will provide you with all sorts of assistance regarding cancelling an Aer Lingus flight.
If there is any scheduled delay, approach the airline counter to avail a full refund on your ticket. In addition, you can also claim compensation as follows :
1. 270 USD for all the flights having travel distance less than 1500 KM.
2. 430 USD for all the flights having travel distance that ranges from 1500-3500 KM.
3. 650 USD for all the flights having travel distance beyond 3500 KM.
If you don’t want to pay any fee cancellation fee then you should cancel your ticket within 24 hours of the booking–provided the date of departure is 7 days or more from the date of the booking.