The Aer Lingus name change policy is available for instances wherein you want to make modifications to this personal detail. The policy facilitates changes of varying types from corrections to critical edits. You can proceed with the changes by agreeing to certain terms or rules. Also, as you read through it, you can find the charges/fee applicable for name change.
- Type of Name Correction/Changes on Aer Lingus Ticket
- Correct Misspelled Name on Ticket
- Nickname to Legal Name
- Middle Name Modifications
- Critical Name-related Changes
- Aer Lingus Change Name Rules
- Aer Lingus Name Correction Policy
- How to Change the Passenger Name on Aer Lingus?
- Aer Lingus Name Change Fee
- Aer Lingus Change Passenger Name on Ticket – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Type of Name Correction/Changes on Aer Lingus Ticket
There are certain name changes that do not require documentation. On the other hand, certain major name correction requires documentation and other proof for validation. Let’s understand what all changes are permitted with the airlines, and how you can make the most of it.
Correct Misspelled Name on Ticket
As per Aer Lingus name change policy, the airline corrects the first name, middle name, or last name up to three characters. Passengers need to submit a government-issued photo ID. The name must exactly appear the same on the documents submitted by the passenger. The passenger would be asked to pay 250 USD as a name correction fee. No fare difference will apply.
Nickname to Legal Name
In this case, the airlines will split the passenger’s name from the origins PNR, and create the new PNR with the correct legal name. Choose the same flight itinerary. The ticket would be sent for reissuance. A name change fee of 250 USD alongside fare difference would be assessed when there is any.
Middle Name Modifications
Given that there is a middle name, then it would be automatically updated to the SFPD docs. Passengers need to submit their photo ID and pay the 250 USD as Aer Lingus name change fee.
Critical Name-related Changes
There are also significant name changes that necessitate legal documents. Consider the following scenarios in which legal documents are required: Divorce order, A marriage certificate, and government-issued legal document that signifies the new name.
In the above case, the airline offers the alternative name affidavit option for its visitors. When a passenger is unable to submit the legal documents that can submit the affidavit issued by the airlines. The ticket would be sent for reissuance. A name change fee of 250 USD alongside fare difference would be assessed if there is any.
Aer Lingus Change Name Rules
Change in a passenger’s name that does not comply with our name correction policy would be requested under the Name change policy. After a PNR has been ticketed, it is not possible to modify the name on the PNR. However, the airlines allow passengers to switch their tickets provided that they need to book a new PNR, pay the hike in fare, alongside the applicable name change fee at the time of exchange, as per Aer Lingus name change policy.
The following criteria must be completed in order to change the name:
- The validating carrier must be Aer Lingus
- Any interline or codeshare agreement partner must operate and validate all flights on the said booking
You must follow these actions in order to update the name on the ticket, thus making it eligible for the transfer –
- Your current flight segments would be cancelled which will leave your tickets to ‘Open’ status.
- New PNR will be created keeping the same flight itinerary and the existing base fare.
- The airlines’ name change team utilizes the open ticket and performs a voluntary exchange. At the time of reissue, the passenger would be asked to pay the Aer Lingus flight change fee, under the policy, as well as the fare difference.
- No waiver code would be required. Assuming that there is an increase in the fare, a fare difference may apply.
Aer Lingus Name Correction Policy
Name corrections are meant to replace one passenger with another. That would be deemed as a name change, and in such a case, Aer Lingus name correction rules would apply (mentioned above).
The following criteria must be met to complete a name correction, as mentioned under policy:
- The airline must be the validating carrier
- All flights on the booking must be operated by the airline or its interline/codeshare agreement partners
- An Aer Lingus name correction request is limited to one reissue per ticket. Any further name corrections are treated as a name change and are subject to the change fee and any applicable fare difference.
- Changes to flights, travel dates, fare classes, or fare basis codes are not authorised.
- Minor name changes are allowed in the middle of a trip to match the government-issued ID/passport.
- The gender and date of birth cannot be changed at the same time if requesting a name correction. Making changes to both the DOB and the name is considered a name change, and is subject to Aer Lingus name correction policy.
- Due to booking issues, minor adjustments to the date of birth are permitted, provided that there is no further name change request.
- Only one name correction per passenger is permitted. Any additional change would be deemed as an Aer Lingus change passenger name request. In that case, the change fee and the applicable fare difference are applicable.
How to Change the Passenger Name on Aer Lingus?
Using the Aer Lingus name change policy, you can make modifications on call. You can rely on this offline option as you can approach it 24/7. For customers in the US/Canada, the phone number. In addition, you may also visit the office of Aer Lingus near your place. Do carry any proof or documents for name changes or corrections.
Aer Lingus Name Change Fee
Name change fees vary with the class of service. The airlines will charge per passenger per booking. Here is an extensive overview of the Aer Lingus name change fee structure –
|Name Change Fee||Basic Economy||Economy Flex||Premium Economy||Business Class||First Class|
|not allowed||250 USD||225 USD||200 USD||100 USD|
Aer Lingus Change Passenger Name on Ticket – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, changes to names are permitted up to 2 hours before the commencement of a flight, and the said changes must be applied to all flights on the itinerary. Aer Lingus name change policy permits name correction and is subject to a fee on the flights operated by the airlines only, and its other regional CityJet subsidiaries.
Dial the Aer Lingus customer service number to get in touch with its Name correction desk. Provide the booking reference to the flight executive and request them to correct the name on the booking. The Name Change/Correction request may be subject to a change fee and any applicable fare difference if there is any.
The presence or absence of the middle name on the ticket depends on whether it is mentioned or not on the passport or government-issued photo ID as per Aer Lingus name change policy. Please note that the first name, middle name, and last names on your booking must match the first name, middle name, and last names on your valid form of identification.
Name changes are only available on its international and regional flights for a fee of $200 per person and can be made up to two hours prior to departure. All flights in the itinerary must have their names altered.
For onboarding tickets, the airline requires a middle name or middle initial, or however, it is as long as it matches exactly as it appears on the government-issued photo ID. The TSA’s Secure Flight Program, on the other hand, imposes stricter guidelines on names on documents in order to reduce the number of passengers from being wrongly identified.
The passenger’s name on the ticket must be matched with the name that appears on the passport or other ID document. The airlines, in general, enable you to make name corrections. There’s no need to be concerned when you typed your name incorrectly. The name correction is subject to change fee and fare difference in case there is any.
Simply call the airlines and request to correct the name. As per Aer Lingus name change policy, passengers can correct up to 3 characters on the first name, middle name, or last name. Any correction beyond that would be deemed as a name change, and different rules will apply.
No. The airlines only allow name changes that necessitate legal documents. Consider the following scenarios in which legal documents are required: A divorce order, A marriage certificate, and a government-issued legal document that signifies the new name. A name change fee of 250 USD alongside fare difference would be assessed if there is any.