Air France name change policy gives passengers peace of mind when it comes to correcting a mistake on their ticket or being required to update their name during mid-travel. The process is hassle-free and charges a minimal fee.
In this post, we will cover all the guidelines related to name corrections, what types of requests you can submit while changing the name, how you can request the name correction, and much more.
Air France Change Passenger Name Rules
As per the Air France name change policy, the airline allows a change of passenger’s name, surname, middle, or any/all combination of all of them. This process applies to cases where the passenger legally changes it. In addition –
- Except under legal circumstances, the airline does not permit the name changes to another passenger after it is ticketed, as flight tickets are non-transferable.
- In order to change the ownership of the ticket, passengers need to request the flight cancellation, and then rebook a flight with new passenger’s details. To know about the booking cancellation rules, read the Air France cancellation policy.
- Passenger’s entire first and last names, as they appear in their passport, must be used when making reservations and purchasing tickets.
- While middle names and titles are not required for travel within Europe, they must be displayed in the correct order as appear on the photo ID if they are included in the ticket.
- The request must be submitted up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure for the flights within Europe and other international destinations.
- In case you have a minor correction to the misspelled name (eg. Phillips vs Philip/), only a name correction fee is charged.
- Any legal name change due to marriage, or divorce requires supporting documentation. These supporting documents include –
- Marriage certificates
- Divorce decree
- Court Order
- Legal affidavit for the name change
- All other changes including date of birth, title, and gender would not be considered under the name change.
- The airline does not permit the name change/correction for the codeshare agreement flights.
- No name change/correction is permitted after the check-in. To know more about the check-in requirements, read the Air France check-in policy.
Air France Change Name Request
As per the Air France name change policy, the following corrections under the name change guidelines are permitted by the airlines –
Correction to the first or middle name – You may change the passenger’s first and middle names to match the name on their passport, but the original last name and date of birth must remain the same.
The ticket would be re-issued in the existing or the higher class of service, subject to availability. The Air France name change fee and the fare difference may apply. The said request needs to be submitted by calling the Air France change name phone number.
Correction to the last name – A maximum of 3 characters are permitted for correction to reflect the same last name as it appears on the passport or government-issued photo ID.
You can request the name correction via the Air France Manage Booking section. A name correction fee alongside the fare difference will be applied. If it required a correction beyond 3 characters, it would be considered a change under the Air France flight change policy.
Addition to the last name – You may add an additional last name to reflect on the passenger’s name as it appears on their passport, but the original surname must not be changed. Only a name correction fee will be applied.
First name, middle name, and last name are in the incorrect order – You may change the first and last names to mirror the order in which they appear in their passport or government-issued photo ID. Only a name correction fee will be applied.
How to Change Name on an Air France Ticket?
To correct the typo error in the first and/or last name, passengers need to access their flight reservation on the airline’s website. In order to change the name under legal consideration, they need to call the airline’s customer service phone number.
Method 1: Air France Change Passenger Name Online
Passengers can request the name change through the airline’s manage booking section A change fee and the fare difference may be applicable. Follow these steps to request the name correction online –
- Visit airfrance.fr and navigate to the My Booking section.
- Insert the reservation PNR and the passenger’s last name in the relevant field.
- Select the passenger’s name that needs correction.
- Select the ‘Correct passenger’s name’ tab, and then insert the correct name in the required field.
- Complete the payment process, and the airline will send the confirmation email with the updated passenger’s name.
Method 2: Air France Change Name on Ticket via Call
Passengers can request the name correction over the phone as well. However, you can also request legal name changes due to marriage, divorce, etc by calling the airline’s representative at the Air France customer service phone number. A name change fee alongside the fare difference will apply.
Air France Name Correction Policy
As per the Air France name change policy, the airline allows a correction of the first name, middle name, last name, title, or PTC due to spelling mistakes. In addition –
- This service is valid for AF flight tickets with the ticket stock starting with 057, regardless of the cabin class and the fare used in the ticket.
- Each request for the name correction requires a ticket reissue.
- Name correction requires an additional payment of the Air France name correction fee and the fare difference.
- Incorrect specification of the gender in the reservation is considered.
- The request for the diminutive of the name (e.g. Finch instead of Fich) is considered.
- The addition of the second last name in accordance with the passenger ID or passport is considered.
- At the time of name correction, passengers need to submit supporting documents such as a passport or government-issued photo ID.
Air France Name Change Fee
As per the Air France name change policy, the airline charges a separate fee for the name correction and the name change. The fee varies with the class of service and the fare type –
|Name Change Fee (in USD)
|Name Correction Fee (in USD)
Hope this post was useful to you. In the case of Air France, it can be changed by changing the middle name and your legal name. To change the spelling of a first or last name is possible, provided the change must be completed up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
For example, if your legal name is John Michaels and your middle name is Edward but you want to change it to just “Michael” then you don’t have any restrictions on making such a request and after adding one character change to your passport, you can benefit from such a policy from Air France.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Can I change the name on an Air France ticket?
No Except under legal circumstances, the airline does not permit the name changes to another passenger after it is ticketed, as flight tickets are non-transferable. In order to change the ownership of the ticket, passengers need to request the flight cancellation, and then rebook a flight with new passenger’s details.
How to change the last name on the Air France flight?
Passengers can request the name change through the airline’s managed booking section A change fee and the fare difference may be applicable. Passengers can request the name correction over the phone as well. However, you can also request legal name changes due to marriage, divorce, etc.
Does Air France allow name changes?
Yes, the airline allows name changes/corrections for the flights operated and marketed by Air France. This service is valid for AF flight tickets with the ticket stock starting with 057, regardless of the cabin class and the fare used in the ticket.
How much does Air France charge for a name change?
Air France charges 200 USD as the name change fee for the Economy Flexi fare. The Economy Basic fare and Economy Opti fare are not eligible for name changes and corrections. In Business class, the Biz Saver fare charges 150 USD. The Biz fare and Biz Plus fare charges 100 and 55 USD respectively. In order to correct the name, Economy Flexi charges 150 USD as a name correction fee.