While taking a flight with Air France, bearing a loss is completely evitable. The airline has crafted some exceptional policies that ensure a great trip, out of which Air France change flight policy tops them all.
The Airline came into action on 7th October 1933 and has been pampering its passengers with world-class facilities ever since. This guide will walk you through all the details of Air France change flight policy. So make sure to go through them thoroughly to enjoy a trip like never before.
- Air France Ticket Change Policy: Key Takeaways
- How To Change Air France Flight Ticket?
- Air France Change Ticket Online
- Step By Step Guide To Change Your Air France Ticket Via A Call
- Steps To Make The Modifications At The Ticket Counter
- Air France Change Date Policy
- Air France Time Change Policy
- Air France Change Seat Policy
- Air France Name Change Policy
- Air France Ticket Change Fee
- Air France Flight Change Rules
- Frequently Asked Questions About Air France Flight Change Policy
Air France Ticket Change Policy: Key Takeaways
Plans are uncertain, they change anytime which is why Air France has exclusively crafted a set of policies to avoid the last-minute hassle. If you are someone who books their tickets impulsively, do not worry, Air France change flight policy has got you covered.
- According to the Air France change flight policy, the passengers can make any changes to their tickets for free. However, the changes must be made within 24 hours of booking.
- Air France change flight can be done in the same way in which the tickets were booked. If a ticket was booked online, the changes can only be made online via the official website of Air France.
- Air France change fee shall be applied if the passengers fail to make the change within 24 hours.
- If the price for the previous flight is lower than the new flight, the passengers would have to pay the supplement amount to make the changes. The airline will reimburse the passengers if the price for the new flight is lower than the previous flight.
- The passengers are allowed to make the change in date, time, itinerary, meals and seats for free if the changes are made within the free span.
- If a passenger has booked the round tickets and wishes to make any change in one way, the airline would charge the change fee just for one way and not for the round ticket.
Air France 24 hours Flight Change Policy
- Air France 24 hours change policy allows the passengers to make any modifications to their tickets within 24 hours without paying any charge for it.
- If the passengers have successfully made the changes within 24 hours of booking, they would not have to pay any additional amount as the Air France flight change fee.
- The 24-hour change window is for every fare type, regardless of the ticket class. However, non-refundable tickets might not be allowed to make certain modifications.
How To Change Air France Flight Ticket?
Having specific facilities for all sorts of passengers, Air France never fails to take care of their needs. There are a plethora of options for you to make the changes in any way that suits you the most. Below we have mentioned all how a passenger can make the changes.
Air France Change Ticket Online
- Browse through Air France’s official website
- Enter the flight details at the “Manage Booking” section on the home page which will redirect you to a different page, exclusively dealing with the modifications.
- You would now be able to see “Review/Modify” your reservation option. Click on that option.
- Enter your name and ticket number before pressing on the ‘continue’ button
- Click on the provided link to go to the Air France flight change option
- Do not forget to cross-check your details before making the changes. Then click on the Continue button
- Now that the process is done, you would receive an email or SMS on your registered mail ID or contact number
Step By Step Guide To Change Your Air France Ticket Via A Call
Time travel might not be possible but a timeless experience is. If you do not wish to make the changes online, you can simply do it offline by giving a call at the customer care centre.
- Dial at the help centre of the airline at .
- An executive would be assigned to you who would carry out the desired modifications in your ticket.
- Make sure to elaborate on the kind of change you wish to make to your ticket.
- The passengers would then put you on hold while they check your eligibility as per your fare type and date of the change.
- The executive would tell you about the prevailing condition and change charges (If any). The change would be made as soon as you approve of it and make the payment.
Steps To Make The Modifications At The Ticket Counter
- Visit the Air France counter while at the airport or any other local ticket counter.
- Get in touch with a customer support executive to seek further assistance.
- Elaborate on the modifications that you wish to make while talking to the executive.
- The executive would then tell you about whether or not the change can be accommodated by the airline. If there’s a change fee, you would be notified about that.
- If you are fine with the charges, the executive would proceed forward with it.
Making the modifications at the ticket centre is quite similar to that of changing it via a call. There’s a small service fee that you would have to pay to avail of professional assistance from the customer support executives.
Air France Change Date Policy
- Air France change flight policy allows any date change as desired by the passengers. Although the date change option is widely entertained, the passengers must make sure that the airline is serving on the day the passenger wishes to fly.
- If the ticket amount for your previous date is lesser than the new ticket, you would have to pay the difference in amount to proceed with the change.
- If a passenger has purchased a group ticket and is willing to make the change to an individual ticket, the airline would levy the change fee just for one ticket.
- If the passengers wish to change their date online, they can visit the official website and click on the “Time to Think” option. Navigate to the “Manage your booking” section and change the date as per their wish.
- All the date changes can be made for free if the passengers successfully make it within the free cancellation span.
Air France Time Change Policy
- Air France change flight time can be done easily both online as well as offline. If the time change is made for the same day, the passengers would not have to pay any additional change fee.
- The time change can only be done if the airline has some empty seats to accommodate the people with valid tickets. Just because you already have a ticket with Air France would not give you the right to reserve a seat on any flight.
- The change in time of flight can only be made if the fare rules allow the passengers to do so. Some of the tickets are not allowed for any modifications.
- If you are making the change in the time at the airport, you will have to pay an additional service fee of 20 USD regardless of the 24 hours window.
Air France Change Seat Policy
- The airline provides a facility of standard seat service which allows the passengers to choose any seat they like in advance.
- The option for the standard seat is available at no additional cost if the passengers are checking in online.
- Air France Change seat selection must be done at least 30 hours before the departure of the flight.
- The seat change fee depends on the travel dates, destination and the sort of fare a passenger has purchased. The payment for the changes can be made via Flying Blue Miles or Blue Credits.
- The airline provides free change regardless of the destination if the passengers have bought a Flying Blue, Silver or Gold membership. Children travelling alone and passengers with the ticket of a flex fare can apply for a free seat change as well.
- The passengers can make the change or select their seats via the app. The selection of the seat can be done in a jiffy without any trouble.
Air France Name Change Policy
- As per Air France change flight policy, changing the identity on an Air France flight ticket would not be possible. In case of any mishap, the passengers would not be able to change the name and sell their tickets.
- If the passengers have made a typo, they can contact the point of sale to modify it. If the modifications are made via the service centre, a small service fee may be implied.
- The name corrections should be made at least 72 hours before the departure of the flight. The passengers might have to pay the Air France name change fee if they are making the change after the given span.
Air France Ticket Change Fee
- The passengers have to pay some amount as the fees if the changes are not made as per the Air France change flight policy.
- If the passengers want to make the change at the airport or the city ticket office, they would have to pay 20 USD to get the changes done.
- The passengers can reissue their tickets bought from a third party such as agents directly at the city ticket office or the airport at a price of 50 USD.
- Passengers who have insured their tickets have the right to make the change anytime they want without worrying about the Air France penalty for changing tickets.
- The change fee significantly depends on the destination, the type of fare, and, most importantly, the time of change made in the tickets.
Air France Flight Change Rules
- You must make all the changes at least 24 to 72 hours before the departure of the flight. This would prepare the airline for your demanded requirements and save you from the last minute hassle.
- Changing the destination on your Air France ticket immensely depends on the ticket purchased. You can check the destination change option while booking your ticket.
- If you have purchased a non-changeable ticket, the airline would not be able to help you with any modifications in that case. You can easily cancel the ticket and book a new one.
Frequently Asked Questions About Air France Flight Change Policy
Air France gives each and every facility that a passenger can wish for. The hassle-free 24 hour change window allows you to make any change in seats, date, name and time in your ticket absolutely for free. If you have booked the online, you can change it in any way you wish to. However, there would be a service fee if you are willing to make the changes via a call or by visiting the ticket counter.
No. As per Air France change flight policy, the airline does not entertain the possibility of making any cancellations or changes in any way different than the booking source. If you have got your ticket from any third party such as agents or travel agency websites, we highly recommend you to get in touch with the source of booking.
However, you can make the changes offline even if you have got the ticket done via the thor party. The airline would levy a small service fee that must be paid at the time of change.
Yes, the passengers have the liberty to change their seats in Air France. In order to get a new seat, you would be required to cancel the old one. The procedure for doing so is very simple, you need to visit the official website of the Airline and go to the “Manage your booking” section.
You can then cancel your previous seat and book a new one as per your wish. The change in the seat can be done for free if you are making the changes within 24 hours. In some cases, you can even change the seat 24 hours before departure.