One of the biggest benefits of the LATAM check in service is that you don’t have to arrive at the airport three to four hours before your flight’s scheduled departure, saving you a lot of time.
Due to long queues, flight check-in is usually a time-consuming process. Web check-in, on the other hand, saves you time. After you’ve checked in online, all you have to do now is drop your luggage off at the baggage counter and proceed to the security checkpoint.
In this post, we will cover how you can complete the flight check-in, the Latam airlines check in options, and much more.
Latam Check In Online
By logging on to the official website with your laptop, you can complete the LATAM Airlines flight check-in from the comfort of your own home.
Latam Web Check In
With web check-in, you can get a head start for the Latam flight experience. With the added convenience of our web check-in option, the airlines set out to make the journey extraordinary even before you are ready to board the flight. Complete the simple check-in process from anywhere and relax as you enjoy your boarding experience with Latam. Keep following Latam check-in times in mind –
- For domestic flights, web check-in is available between 48 hours prior and closes 60 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
- For international flights, Latam web check in is available 96 hours before departure and closes 120 minutes before departure.
The terms and conditions for the web check-in includes –
- You can complete the check-in at latamairlines.com by clicking on the check-in tab on the homepage.
- Passengers will receive your boarding pass on your email.
- You need to read the instructions on the boarding pass carefully.
- Web check-in does not allow for the reservation of emergency exit seats. For security clearance and boarding, you must present a Latam check-in boarding pass.
The following passengers are not eligible for the Latam check in online –
- Unaccompanied minors
- Passengers requesting a special service or seats
- Passengers with visual or hearing impairments.
- Reservations booked by staff members.
- Any discounted fares, and promotional fares are not eligible for web-check-in.
- For international credit card bookings that require card verification prior to boarding.
- Reservations with more than 9 passengers in the flight booking.
Please note that no changes are possible after the Latam check-in. To know more, read the Latam flight change policy.
Important points for travel within Brazil –
- Latam check in online does not allow you to cancel your seat reservation.
- If you have checked luggage, please arrive at the Baggage Drop counter at least 60 minutes before your flight. At the same time, you must show your photo ID.
- Passengers need to be present at the boarding gate, at least 20 minutes prior to the flight departure. In case passenger reports after the closure of the boarding gate, the no-show cancellation will apply.
Important points for international travel –
- Latam check-in online does not allow you to cancel your seat reservation.
- If you have checked luggage, please arrive at the Baggage Drop counter at least 120 minutes before your flight. At the same time, you must show your photo ID.
- Passengers need to be present at the boarding gate, at least 60 minutes prior to the flight departure. In case passenger reports after the closure of the boarding gate, the no-show cancellation will apply.
To know about the luggage size and dimension, read the Latam Airlines baggage policy.
Latam Mobile Check In
Experience Latam on the go. You can check in at your convenience via the Latam Airlines check-in app.
- Mobile check-in is available between 48 hours prior and closes 60 minutes prior to scheduled departure for domestic flights,
- For international flights, mobile check-in is available between 48 hours and 120 minutes before the scheduled departure.
Latam Airlines Check-In Times
You can complete the Latam check-in online or through the mobile app starting 24 hours prior and up to 60 minutes before the scheduled departure. For international flights, it is up to 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
You must arrive at the airport a certain amount of time before your scheduled departure to check in and check your bags:
Within Brazil: 60 minutes before departure.
To and from destinations outside Brazil – 90 minutes before departure.
Airports with earlier check-in times –
|Airport Location||Airport Code||Check-in Before Scheduled Departure|
|Barcelona, Spain||BCN||75 minutes|
|Buenos Aires, Argentina||EZE||75 minutes|
|Caracas, Venezuela||CCS||90 minutes|
|Casablanca, Morocco||CMN||75 minutes|
|Rio De Janeiro||GIG||45 minutes|
|Georgetown, Guyana||GEO||90 minutes|
|Madrid, Spain||MAD||75 minutes|
|Maracaibo, Venezuela||MAR||90 minutes|
|Miami, Florida||MIA||75 minutes|
|San Juan, Puerto Rico||SJU||60 minutes|
|St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands||STX||90 minutes|
|St. Kitts and Nevis||SKB||90 minutes|
|St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands||STT||90 minutes|
|Tampa, Florida||TPA||90 minutes|
|Lima, Peru||TLV||75 minutes|
|Bogota, Columbia||BOG||60 minutes|
The individual airline determines check-in and arrival times for flights operated by other carriers, including codeshare partners.
You can’t check bags more than 4 hours before the departure when flying from –
- Santiago, Chile
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- La Paz, Bolivia
- Cali, Columbia
- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Havana, Cuba
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Cancun, Mexico
- Mexico City, Mexico
Latam Airlines Boarding Pass
When you check in on your mobile device or through a desktop website, click on the boarding pass link to get access. All you need to do is take a screenshot of the boarding pass and save it on your mobile device.
Passengers are required to show the boarding pass at the following locations –
- If you have luggage to check in, go to the baggage drop-off counter.
- Checkpoints for immigration and security.
- At the boarding gate, scan the QR code in front of the gate reader to scan the E boarding pass in order to board the flight.
You can find your boarding pass in My Trips if you haven’t received it yet. If you still can’t see it, you can have it on the day of your flight from a kiosk or an airport counter.
You will receive a dynamic boarding pass immediately after purchasing your tickets, which the airlines will automatically update with the details of your trip.
- Before the flight – By logging in to My Trips, you will be able to change your seats or add more baggage. The said changes will be updated as well as reflected automatically on your boarding pass.
- At the airport – Your boarding pass has the gate/terminal number.
- For international flights – The documentation required in the destination country will vary with the international route.
How to Complete Latam Airlines Flight Check-in?
Latam check-in requests can be completed online through the airline’s website as well as via the airline’s app.
Latam Check-In Online through the Website
Wondering how to complete the flight check-in via latamairlines.com? Follow these steps –
- Click on the Latam brasil check-in button. You will be redirected to the Latam Airlines flight check-in app.
- Fill in all the details – name, PNR, flight number, etc.
- select your seat and confirm the flight check-in.
- The Latam Airlines boarding pass will be displayed on the screen. You can print it right away or download it on your mobile device.
Latam check-in allows you to check in your baggage, choose your seats, select meal options, upgrade your flight, and much more.
Latam Airlines Check-In Via Mobile App
You won’t have to queue with hundreds of other passengers if you check in for Latam using the mobile app. This significantly reduces your contact with airport crowds, allowing you to travel with confidence, knowing that you and your loved ones are safe. It’s a secure and convenient way to get started on your journey.
It also saves you money because the Latam online check-in function eliminates the need for a counter check-in. That’s a fantastic deal and a fantastic way to start your trip. Follow these steps to complete your check-in through Latam Airlines app –
- Launch the Latam mobile app.
- Tap the check-in button on the navigation bar below.
- Fill in your booking reference and the kas name in the given field.
- Select your seats and finish the rest of the formalities such as baggage, meals, etc.
- The airline’s boarding pass will be generated. When you’re ready to board the flight, keep a copy and show it to the airline’s staff.
We hope that our post on the Latam check-in policy has proven to be a useful one. Remember, these rules remain in effect until further notice. If you want to know more about flight check-in and seat selection, you can use our guide linked above to clarify issues that you might have or experience in the future.
Is it possible that our knowledge has helped you in making the right choice? Definitely, it is! The best way to get some information is by researching online. We have just saved your time and efforts after doing detailed research on how Latam check-in works. Hopefully, you will be able to get all the information you need.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Yes, but any arbitrary upgrade is subject to the availability and the fare rules associated with the flight. If you need to fly to the premium class, you need to pay upfront the airline’s change fees and the fare difference.
For domestic flights, baggage check-in is available between 48 hours prior and closes 60 minutes prior to scheduled departure. For international flights, you can check your suitcase between 96 hours and 120 minutes before departure.
A laptop and any other technical gadget or device cannot be carried into the checked bag. With Latam, you need to carry all the fragile electronic items in the carry-on bag.
You must bring the following documents with you on international flights:
Identity document or passport valid for at least six months after your return date.
In some cases, a visa is required. This is dependent on your citizenship and the country to which you are traveling.
To check-in for your LATAM Airlines flight, fill out the form by simply visiting the GetPassbook form page. Your Latam Airlines boarding pass will automatically become the wallet for Apple or Android phones.
To access the old boarding pass, contact Latam Airlines check-in phone number. Inquire about getting a copy of your electronic boarding pass mailed to you. You can also request a copy of your physical ticket if you have one.
Click on the Latam Brasil check-in button. You will be redirected to the Latam Airlines flight check-in app. Fill in all the details – name, PNR, flight number, etc. Select your seat and confirm the flight check-in. The Latam Airlines boarding pass will be displayed on the screen. You can print it right away or download it on your mobile device.
Yes, for international flights, Latam web check in is available 96 hours before departure and closes 120 minutes before departure.
To cancel the flight after the check-in, passengers need to cancel the check-in and then change the ticket status to ‘open’. And, then request the flight cancellation. To know more about the cancellation, read the Latam cancellation policy.