Latam Airlines name change policy allows passengers to correct or change the name in accordance to flight booking where there are issuance errors. Depending upon the type of correction and the route, as per the policy, it is always mandatory to add the correct details to the booking. The flight ticket needs to be considered accurate with the passenger’s travel document.
Just like the above, in this post we will share all the relevant guidelines, terms and conditions, name change fees, and the navigation steps that help passengers complete the name change request. Thus, ensuring hassle-free and seamless travel.
What is Latam Name Change Policy?
The airlines’ name change policy allows passengers to substitute from one passenger for another. Add to that, passengers can also correct their misspelled names or changes related to legal obligations. The said requests would be subject to Latam Airlines Name change fee.
Rules Associated with the Latam Name Change
As per Latam Airlines name change policy, the said request must be completed up to 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure and is subject to a non-refundable airline change penalty.
Add to that, there are other considerations too, as mentioned below:
- The Latam name change request is permitted 1/one time only.
- The name correction or change request is only applied to the unused or partially used Latam booking.
- Once the said request is approved, the original booking reference (PNR) and ticket stock number must be maintained.
- After the completion of the name change request, the ticket would be reissued in the original class of service as booked or to the higher class of service, subject to availability.
- No waiver code or sort of exception to the fare difference and/or Latam name change fee would be applied, under any circumstances.
- Supporting identity documents must be submitted for a legal name change, omissions, or addition of middle name/last name/first name.
- Latam name correction is only allowed for the issued or confirmed ticket, except for the process associated with the Latam flight change policy.
Other Guidelines for Latam Name Change
The name change is an option that allows passengers to transfer the ownership of the ticket to another passenger. This request is applicable as per the following guidelines mentioned under the Latam Airlines name change policy –
- This applies for the voluntary as well as involuntary changes and is subject to a standard name change fee and fare difference.
- Latam flight reservations booked with a third-party online travel portal are not covered for the said requests.
- The name change request is not applicable for the Latam Fidelidale Award Bookings.
- Once the Latam name change request is accepted, a new reservation must always be generated with the new ticket number and the Booking Reference (PNR).
- The name change request applies to the unused portion of the travel. The entire flight itinerary would be re-booked at the newly available fare on the date of reissue. Therefore, fare difference and Latam name change fee would be applied.
- For voluntary changes to the flight, a nominal change fee and the fare difference must be collected.
- For all involuntary changes to the flight booking, where passengers no longer continue to travel and want to transfer the ownership to another individual, only fare difference would be collected.
What Type of Name Change can You Request with Latam Airlines?
Passengers can request all sorts of changes or corrections to the name – Spelling mistakes, inverted names, omission or addition of first name and last name, legal name change, and much more.
Spelling Mistake in the Last, Middle or First Name
If there is a spelling mistake on the issued flight ticket, the passenger must call the Latam Airlines Customer Service Phone Number at +1-844-673-0381. The said request may incur the Latam name change fee and the applicable fare difference. For instance,
BUTTLER for BUTLER (Correction: BUTLER)
ELISABETH for ELIZABETH (Correction: ELIZABETH)
DAISY for DAISE (Correction: DAISE)
Inverted Name/Last Name
The incorrect name or last name to be corrected by the airlines only after the submission of legal travel documents. The request would only be applied over the phone. Passengers are liable to pay the name change fee and the applicable fare difference. The inverted name correction/change request is only permitted on international tickets. For instance,
SALVADORE/GILBERT MARIA for SALVADORE/MARIA GILBERT (issued as GILBERT MARIA SALVADORE later corrected to MARIA GILBERT SALVADORE)
PEREZ CASTRO/FIDEL for CASTRO PEREZ/FIDEL (the last name of the passenger was issued as PEREZ CASTRO and was later corrected to CASTRO PEREZ)
JONAS/NICK PEREZ for PEREZ JONAS/NICK (passengers have two last names but the ticket was issued as PEREZ as the middle name, later corrected to PEREZ JONAS)
Inverted Name Field
The airlines’ Global Distribution System (GDS) issues the ticket in the order of – Last Name and First Name as per the IATA standard. Therefore, the airline will honor the information that appears on the reservation portal, and it must coincide with the travel document. Only a Name change fee of 250 USD would be applicable. The said request is only applicable for international flights. For instance –
FIRST NAME/LAST NAME for LAST NAME/FIRST NAME
JOHNSON/LUIZ for LUIZ/JOHNSON (ticket issued as JOHNSON LUIZ later corrected to LUIZ JOHNSON)
MELINDA/GATES for GATES/MELINDA (ticket issued as GATES MELINDA later corrected to MELINDA GATES)
Omitted or Addition of First Name
Passengers can request the addition or elimination of First Name only after the submission of a legal identification document (passport for international flights). Passengers are liable to pay the name change fee and the applicable fare difference. The said request is applicable for international flights only. For instance –
SILVIA/MARIA for SILVIA/MARIA CARLOS (Correction: MARIA CARLOS SILVIA)
GILMORE/DAVID P for GILMORE/DAVID PATRICK (Correction: DAVID PATRICK GILMORE)
SMITH/S ADAM for SMITH/STEVE ADAM (Correction: STEVE ADAM SMITH)
Omitted or Addition of Last Name
Passengers can request the addition or elimination of Last Name only after the submission of a legal identification document (passport for international flights). Passengers are liable to pay the name change fee and the applicable fare difference. The said request is applicable for international flights only. For instance –
BUTLER/GERRARD for BUTLER SANDLERS/GERRARD (Correction: GERRARD BUTLER SANDLERS)
FERNANDO/ALEX for FERNANDO RUIZ/ALEX (Correction: ALEX FERNANDO RUIZ)
TORRES/SUSANA for TORRES SILVIA/SUSANA GARCIA (Correction: SUSANA GARCIA TORRES SILVIA)
First and Last Name Duplicity
Passengers can request Latam airlines to eliminate the duplicity in their First Name or Last Name. The said request is applicable on international as well domestic flights. The name change fee and fare difference would be applied to the re-issued ticket.
MUSK MUSK/ ELON for MUSK/ELON (Correction: ELON MUSK)
MUSK/ELON ELON for MUSK/ELON (Correction: ELON MUSK)
Change of First or Last Name due to Legal Considerations
If there is a change on the First Name, Middle Name or Last Name due to any legal circumstances such as marriage or divorce decree between the flight booking and the scheduled departure, the airlines accept the said request. Passengers need to submit official travel documents i.e passports for international flights and Government-issued Photo ID for domestic flights. Passengers would be asked to pay applicable name change fees and a fare difference.
BERNES/RANDY for GARCIA/RANDY (Correction: RANDY GARCIA)
FARAGE/NIGEL for DEPREZ/NIGEL (Correction: NIGEL DEPREZ)
Latam Airlines Name Correction
Passengers can request the addition or omission of name suffixes and prefixes considered that the name on the photo ID or passport must exactly match with the government-issued photo ID. Tickets would not be sent for reissue. Only Name change fees would be applied for international as well as domestic flights.
For example Full Name DONALD TRUMP JUNIOR
Issued as JR/DONALD or JUNIOR/DONALD or TRUMP/DONALD or JR TRUMP/DONALD
Correction: TRUMP JR/DONALD or TRUMP JUNIOR/DONALD
Correction for the Type of Passenger
The change of passenger type from adult’s ticket to the Child’s ticket is permitted after the submission of the copy of the passport or government-issued photo ID. It is considered a name correction exception. The said request is completed by reissuing the ticket and the name change fee would be levied. In addition, fare difference would be charged too, as appropriate.
How to Request the Latam Name Change?
Passengers can approach Latam Airlines either by requesting the name changes online. They can proceed to its official website for this purpose. In addition, the customer support of the carrier is also available. You may contact it and convey the changes.
Method 1: Latam Name Change Online
Passengers need to simply visit the airline’s website and do all the changes via the Ticket Change Inquiry section. You need to pay the required fee and the fare difference. Once the changes are accepted, you would receive the email confirmation with the correct passenger name.
Follow these steps to make the name changes online –
- Visit latamtrade.com and navigate to the Ticket Change inquiry.
- Enter the booking details in the relevant field to retrieve the passenger.
- Select the name of the passenger that requires the correction or changes.
- As per Latam Airlines name change policy, the corresponding request would be applicable on all flight segments.
- Enter the correct name in the relevant field, and proceed to the checkout page.
- Pay the required name change fee and fare difference, if there is any.
- Once the name change request is accepted, you will receive the booking confirmation with the correct passenger and booking details.
Method 2: Latam Name Change over the phone
Passengers can simply request the name change over the phone by calling the Latam name change phone number at +1-844-673-0381. One of the LATAM flight executives will help you with the said request. Passengers can pay the required fee over the phone with a debit/credit card.
Unlike many other airlines, whose name change policies are not pretty explicit. Flying with Latam Airlines can be more convenient and hassle-free as it focuses on detailed issues like name correction/name change. With the detailed guidelines mentioned above, you can make several alternations to the passenger’s name. Also, you can complete the said request with the online and offline methods mentioned above.
Latam Airlines Name Change Fee
Within 24 hours, you may change your name for free. Afterward, a fee might apply. The charge can be for correcting spelling errors in this personal information. Additionally, in instances like inverted and omitted names after the said time duration, you may have to pay the charge.
The change penalty would be applicable as per the Latam Airlines name change policy, and is to be applied based on the following conditions –
|Types of Name Change Requests||Domestic Change Fee (in USD)||Fare Difference||International Change Fee (in USD)||Fare Difference|
|Inverted Names||Request not allowed||Request not allowed||250||Yes|
|Inverted Name Field||Request not allowed||Request not allowed||250||Yes|
|Omitted First Name||Request not allowed||Request not allowed||250||Yes|
|Omitted Last Name||Request not allowed||Request not allowed||250||Yes|
|First and Last Name Duplicity||200||Yes||250||Yes|
|Legal Name Change||200||Yes||250||Yes|
|Name Correction by Adding Suffixes or Prefixes||200||Yes||250||Yes|
|Modify Passenger Type||200||Yes||250||Yes|
Things to Consider before Changing Name on Latam Airlines
The airlines’ Global Distribution System (GDS) issues the ticket in the order of – Last Name and First Name as per the IATA standard. Therefore, the airline will honor the information that appears on the reservation portal, and it must coincide with the travel document.
This is the first thing you keep in mind before making a flight booking, so that no name change request must be applied.
Also, review the other considerations for the correct entry of passenger’s name while making the flight reservation online:
- Enter the first name and the last name in the relevant field and must be exactly identical as it appears on the government-issued photo ID or passport.
- In case of a minor, the airline must specify the type of passenger – Child (2-12 years old), Infant (0-2 years old), or Senior Citizen (60 years or older).