Hawaiian Airlines name change policy gives passengers an opportunity to correct or change their name due to any type of error or due to any legal compulsions.
Most of us were under the impression that the name change policy is decided by the airlines but the general rule is Hawaiian airlines will help you with name corrections. The airlines make it easy for you to alter the name, if you have committed a mistake at the time of booking.
In this post, we will cover all the rules and guidelines that any passenger should know before correcting or changing the name. Not just that, we have covered what types of name change requests you can do with the airlines, the airlines change penalty behind any name change/correction, and much more.
Rules To Change The Name on Hawaiian Airlines Ticket
As per the name change policy, any changes to the name that do not meet the name correction policy criteria mentioned above would fall into the name change policy.
However, once the booking has been confirmed and ticketed, the airline does not accept the name change request. In addition, the airline allows the passenger to use the ticket for another passenger provided you book a new PNR, pay the appropriate Hawaiian Airlines name change fee, and the fare difference.
In order to change the name, the following criteria must be met –
- Hawaiian Airlines must be a validating carrier.
- The flight ticket must be operated and marketed by Hawaiian Airlines.
- The reservation you’re holding must be a non-restricted fare.
- Reservations must be issued in a similar class of service as originally booked.
This is how Hawaiian Airlines will change the passenger’s name –
- Cancel the flight segments in the existing PNR and change the ticket status to ‘open’.
- Book a new flight reservation for the new passenger and save the fare at the current selling price.
- Utilise the open flight and process an exchange on the ticket.
- Collect the applicable Hawaiian Airlines flight change fee and any difference in the fare at the time of reissue.
Hawaiian Airlines change name on Ticket Requests
The airline allows a name correction, but also allows the name change for certain rules. The TSA and the airlines require that the name on the ticket must appear exactly similar to the name on the government-issued photo ID. The type of name change request you can apply with the airlines include –
First Name/Middle Name/Last Name – You can correct up to three characters on the first name or middle name or last name. The 3 characters limit shall not be misunderstood in conjunction with the first name, middle name, and last name. The airline may impose a name correction fee of 150 USD. No fare difference will be applied.
Nickname to the Legal Name Change – This is considered as the Hawaiian Airlines change name request. Under the legal considerations, passengers need to submit a government-issued photo ID that justifies the legal name change. Tickets would be issued in a similar or the higher class of service, subject to availability. The airline will collect the Hawaiian Airlines name change fee and any difference in the fare at the time of reissue.
Inverted First and Last Name – This is counted under the name correction requests. Upon the submission of the correct photo ID, the request can be completed. The airline will charge the name correction fee.
Adding a Middle Name – You can add the middle name to the flight ticket only if the government ID justifies it. In such a case, the ticket would be sent for rebooking into the similar or the higher class of service. The airline will charge the name change fee and any applicable fare difference.
Adding the Additional Last Name – In the case where the passenger fails to add the additional last name on the flight, can request one through the Hawaiian Airlines change name on ticket phone number at +1-844-673-0381. The airline change fee alongside the fare difference would be applicable.
New Legal Name Change – If the flight ticket requires a name modification due to divorce decree, marriage, child adoption, or any other legal considerations, the airline will perform on the new PNR while retaining the flight segments and the class of service as originally booked.
Hawaiian Miles Name Change – You can make necessary changes to the name on your Hawaiian Airlines’ Mileage account through your Mileage’s profile.
The airline takes up to 2 weeks to process the changes. The airline reserves the right to request legal documentation for any name change request on the frequent flyer account (including marital status, military titles, titles, and suffixes, nicknames, hyphenated names in all forms, inverted name changes, misspelled names, etc.).
All you need to do is send an email to email@example.com. The request must contain –
- Contact information such as the name of the account holder, frequent flyer number, date of birth, billing address, email address. and contact number.
- A copy of legal documents such as marriage certificate, divorce decree, court order, etc.
Hawaiian Airlines Name Correction Policy
Hawaiian Airlines name correction is all about fixing the typo error on the flight ticket. As per the Hawaiian Airlines name change policy, the airline allows the correction of up to three characters for the first name, middle name, or last name. To complete the name correction, the following criteria must be met –
- The flight must be operated and marketed by Hawaiian Airlines.
- The airline allows only 1 reissue per booking for a name correction.
- Any additional name correction request is considered as the Hawaiian Airlines name change and is subject to the name change fee and the fare difference.
- Under the Hawaiian Airlines name correction policy, changes to the flight date, time, destination, or fare class are not permitted.
- Minor name correction is permitted in order to match the government-issued photo ID.
- Any change in the date of birth of the passenger, gender status, and the passenger’s title cannot be changed under the Hawaiian Airlines name correction rules.
- Making changes to both the date of birth and the name is considered a name change, and is subject to the name change policy.
- Due to booking issues, minor modifications to the date of birth are permitted if the passenger is not requesting the name correction.
Methods to Change the Name on Hawaiian Airlines Ticket
Passengers can request the Hawaiian Airlines name correction online via the Manage Booking section. On the other hand, any name change request cannot be performed online, but through the airline’s customer service phone number.
Change Name on Hawaiian Airlines Ticket Online
If you have a misspelled name you can correct up to 3 characters on the first name, middle name, or last name. You can complete the name correction online, with the following steps –
- Visit hawaiianairlines.com, and navigate to the “Find My Trip”.
- Retrieve the flight and select the name of the passenger that you like to correct.
- Enter the correct name in the required field.
- At the checkout age, pay the required Hawaiian Airlines name correction fee.
- Please note that Hawaiian Airlines allows name corrections up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
Change Name on Hawaiian Airlines Ticket through Customer Service
All other name change requests such as legal name change due to marriage/divorce, inverted first name/last name, adding the middle name/last name to the flight ticket, and all other name change requests can be performed through Hawaiian Airlines name change phone number at +1-844-673-0381.
Hawaiian Airlines Name Change Fee
As per the Hawaiian Airlines name change policy, the name change fee varies with the request type, such as name correction or the name change, such as –
|Correction Type||Fare Difference||Applicable Change Fee (in USD)|
|Nickname to Legal name||Yes||200|
|Adding Middle name||Yes||200|
|Adding an additional Last name||Yes||200|
|Legal Name Change||Yes||200|
What we can infer from the Hawaiian Airlines name change policy is that if you have committed an error while booking the flight or you have a legal name change during mid-travel, the airline will help you with the request while retaining the value of the ticket. The airline will simply charge the name change penalty and the fare difference on your Hawaiian Airlines flight booking. This seems lenient, especially when compared with other airlines in the world.