Whether you are traveling with your pet or a certified assistance animal, there are some restrictions and criteria mentioned in Hawaiian airlines pet policy.
Hawaiian airline welcomes dogs, cats, and domestic birds for transportation. We encourage you to carefully read and comprehend the terms and regulations before taking an animal with you.
- Hawaiian Airlines In Cabin Pet Policy
- What are the Requirements for Pet Travel In Cabin?
- Pet Travel Fee
- Pet Check-in Rules
- What are the Pet Travel Restrictions?
- Hawaiian Airlines Pet Carrier Requirements
- Hawaiian Airlines Pet Policy As Checked Baggage
- What types of Pets Allowed as Checked Baggage?
- Requirement for Pet Travel as Checked Baggage with Hawaiian Airlines
- Age Requirements
- What comes under Pet Fee as Checked Baggage?
- Travel Restrictions
- Pet Crate Requirements
- Hawaiian Airlines Pet Cargo booking
- Traveling with Service animals on Hawaiian Airlines
- How to add pets to your Hawaiian Airlines reservation?
Hawaiian Airlines In Cabin Pet Policy
Hawaiian Airlines allows small cats and dogs to travel in the cabin on most flights, as long as they are in a carrier that fits under the seat in front of the passenger.
What are the Requirements for Pet Travel In Cabin?
For Interisland Travel with Hawaiian Airlines,
- When flying within Hawaii or Interisland Travel, no health certificate is required.
On flights outside Hawaii,
- On all flights to North America, a health certificate that was issued no more than 14 days before takeoff is required.
- Return flights booked within 30 days after arrival on the same itinerary may utilise the same health certificate.
- Pet must be at least 8 weeks old.
- In cabin pet travel must be booked at least 48 hours before departure.
Pet Travel Fee
As per Hawaiian airlines pet policy, here’s the snapshot of the in cabin pet travel fee –
|In-cabin pet travel||Pet fee (in USD)|
|Hawaii- North America||175|
Note: The fee would be charged per direction per passenger.
Pet Check-in Rules
- Passengers must complete the Hawaiian airlines check-in at least 1 hour before departure.
- Pet-carrying passengers are unable to check in online, through a mobile app.
What are the Pet Travel Restrictions?
Following are the Hawaiian airlines pet travel restrictions –
- Not permitted on international flights (incl. Pago Pago).
- Not permitted on flights to or from Boston and JFK from New York.
- Not permitted on any North American aircraft in first class.
- Not allowed on Hawaii-bound flights.
- Bulkhead seats, seats in the emergency escape row, and seats in the rows next to the emergency exit row are not permitted to be occupied by passengers traveling with dogs.
- It is not advised to travel with snub-nosed dog and cat breeds (but not prohibited).
Hawaiian Airlines Pet Carrier Requirements
The pet carrier needs to be soft-sided, leak-proof, and spacious enough to comfortably fit your pet. All throughout the trip, your pet must be contained in its kennel, which must be stowed under your front seat. In accordance with Hawaiian Airlines pet policy, the following prerequisites must be met
- Weight limit: 25 lb./11 kg (incl. pet)
- Maximum dimensions are 16 inches long, 10 inches broad, and 9.5 inches deep (40cm x 25cm x 24cm)
- Two kittens or pups allowed in the same carrier.
- Must be between the ages of 8 weeks and 6 months.
Hawaiian Airlines Pet Policy As Checked Baggage
Pet policy permits you to bring your pet as Hawaiian Airlines checked baggage if it is too big or heavy to fit in the passenger cabin. Your pet carrier or kennel must weigh no more than 70 lb (32 kg).
What types of Pets Allowed as Checked Baggage?
Pets including dogs, cats, and house birds can be brought along as checked luggage.
Requirement for Pet Travel as Checked Baggage with Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian Airlines requires a health certificate for all animals traveling as checked baggage to North America that was issued no more than 14 days prior to departure. The health certificate is only valid for a 30-day return trip.
During the annual embargo periods(April 15 through October 15), animals cannot be checked in as luggage.
Your pet must be at least eight weeks old in order to travel.
What comes under Pet Fee as Checked Baggage?
As per Hawaiian airlines pet policy, here’s the snapshot of the [et fee as the checked baggage –
|Pets as checked luggage||Pet fee (in USD)|
|Hawaii- North America||225|
Following are the Hawaiian airlines pet restrictions –
- Pets are not accepted on international flights to/from Hawaii.
- Not permitted to travel on flights within North America, on flights to/from San Jose, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Nevada, and Phoenix.
Pet Crate Requirements
Crates with snap sides or top-opening doors are not permitted under Hawaiian Airlines’ pet policy. In addition –
- Hard-sided crates are required.
- Absorbent material or pet pads are required in every crate.
- All crates must have bowls for food and drink that are firmly fastened to the entrance so that the handlers can access them.
- Only one adult pet can fit in a crate. If they are between 8 weeks and 6 months old, however, up to 2 kittens or pups from the same litter may share a crate.
- If the birds are at least 14 days old and of the same breed, they can share a crate.
- Crates from the 100-400 series are permitted, as illustrated below:
|Crate Series||Maximum Size (L x W x H)||Max. Weight(Pet Crate + Pet)|
|100||21in x 16in x 15in||18lb|
|200||28in x 20.5in x 21.5in||25lb|
|300||32in x 22.5in x 24in||40lb|
|400||36in x 25in x 27in||70lb|
Hawaiian Airlines Pet Cargo booking
If your pet does not qualify for cabin or checked baggage travel, or if you want to travel with your pet alone, contact Hawaiian Airlines Cargo at +1-877-(422-2746) for additional information.
List of Pet Allowed to travel
Dogs, cats, tropical fish, and crustaceans are all carried as air cargo by Hawaiian Airlines.
Documents for pet travel as cargo
Hawaiian Airlines requires a health certificate from a licensed veterinarian for pets flying as air cargo to North America within 10 days of departure and within 14 days of departure for flights to Hawaii.
Your pet must be at least 8 weeks old to be allowed to fly as cargo.
Certain travel restrictions apply to pet travel as cargo as per Hawaiian airlines pet policy
- An acclimation certificate is needed for dogs and cats if the temperature drops below 45 °F.
- In the event that the temperature is below 20° F, pets will not be accepted as cargo.
- Due to health and safety concerns, snub-nosed dog and cat breeds may not be approved as air cargo.
- Accepted crate series range from 100-700.
- The combined weight of the pet and the crate must not exceed 277 lbs/125.90 kg.
- On Boeing 717 flights, 700 crate series will not be accepted.
Traveling with Service animals on Hawaiian Airlines
A service animal, as defined by Hawaiian Airlines pet policy, is a canine that has been specially trained to assist a passenger with a disability, such as one that affects mobility, vision, or hearing. All Hawaiian Airlines flights permit the free transportation of service animals in the cabin.
Here are the general conditions of travel
- Airlines allows service animals to travel with their owners in the cabin of the aircraft.
- The service animal must be trained to assist a person with a disability and must be able to behave appropriately in a public setting.
- The owner is responsible for providing documentation of the service animal’s vaccinations and health, as well as for providing for the animal’s food, water, and other needs during the flight.
- Service animals must be kept on a leash or harness, and must be seated on the floor at the customer’s feet.
- The airlines may refuse to transport a service animal if it poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others.
- The service animal must be able to fit at the passenger’s feet, in front of the passenger’s seat, or in the passenger’s lap.
- The service animal must not obstruct the aisle or other areas of the cabin
- The passenger is responsible for the care and supervision of the service animal during the flight.
- The passenger will be seated at a bulkhead seat, if available.
- There can only be two service animals per passenger.
Emotional Support Animals
Emotional support animals will no longer be permitted to travel with passengers unless they abide by Hawaiian Airlines pet policy.
How to add pets to your Hawaiian Airlines reservation?
To add a pet to your Hawaiian Airlines reservation, you will need to contact the airline directly. Hawaiian Airlines allows certain types of pets to travel as checked baggage or as a carry-on in the cabin, but you will need to provide documentation and meet certain requirements. You can reach Hawaiian Airlines customer service by phone or email to make arrangements for your pet to travel with you.
- Review the airline’s pet policy to ensure your pet meets the requirements and to familiarize yourself with any fees or restrictions that may apply.
- Contact Hawaiian Airlines Reservations to confirm availability for your pet to travel on the flight.
- Book your flight and at the time of booking, notify the agent that you will be traveling with a pet.
- Pay any necessary pet fees and complete any required documentation.
- Arrive at the airport with your pet, proper documentation, and any required items such as a pet carrier.
- Check in for your flight with your pet and ensure you have all necessary items with you.
- Please note that the process may be different for customers traveling with service animals or emotional support animals.
Hawaiian Airlines Pet Policy Related FAQs
Yes, But passengers should also check with the Hawaiian airline in advance to ensure that their dog is eligible to travel.
The cost to fly a dog to Hawaii will depend on several factors, including the size of the dog and any additional fees for things like a crate or health certificate.
The rule 19 applies to small cats, dogs and households that are permitted to travel on board with Hawaiian airlines.
Hawaiian airlines and countries have strict regulations regarding the age of animals that are allowed to travel, and may not permit animals under 8 weeks old to fly.
A health certificate will require for certain animals and international pet travel. Hawaiian Airlines has specific guidelines for traveling with service animals, emotional support animals, and pet animals.
Yes, you can travel with birds on Hawaiian Airlines, but there are certain restrictions and requirements that you will need to meet. Additionally, you may need to provide documentation for your bird, such as a health certificate, and ensure that your bird is properly contained in an approved carrier during the flight.