After spending a fortune worth of money on the flight ticket, we expect a little flexibility as well as affordable cancellation from the airline we sign up for. To cater to all your vows, there is always an Aeromexico cancellation policy.
- Aeromexico Flight Cancellation Policy Guidelines
- Aeromexico 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
- Aeromexico Cancellation Fee
- Procedure to Cancel Aeromexico Flight
- Denial of Boarding or Involuntary Cancellation
- Aeromexico Cancelled Flight Compensation In Case of Delayed Flights
- Aeromexico Refund Policy
Aeromexico Flight Cancellation Policy Guidelines
With an Aeromexico flight reservation, you do not have to worry about last-minute cancellations that may affect your travel plans. Let’s understand the important highlights of Aeromexico ticket cancellation before you actually request one :
- The cancellation fee has been eliminated for First, Business, Premium Economy, as well as Economy Class for all domestic and short-haul international routes.
- If you have a change in your travel plans, you can request an Aeromexico cancellation where you will keep the original value of the fare but need to pay the fare difference if your new flight is more expensive.
- The requests would be applicable for flights booked via aeromexico.com, customer service, or at the airport counters.
- Aeromexico Airlines cancellation policy applies to restricted as well as non-restricted fares.
- The refund would be credited back to the original method of payment within 7-10 business days.
- Passengers traveling on Basic or Value fare who are affected by the involuntary cancellation due to severe weather or government travel restriction, are eligible to claim the refund.
Aeromexico 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Passengers who book flights on aeromexico.com or the airline’s app are covered under risk-free cancellation within 24 hours of purchase :
- Passengers have up to 24 hours from the date of purchase to cancel or change their booking without incurring any cancellation fee
- The departure date must be at least 7 days or more at the time of initiating a cancellation request.
- Aeromexico cancels flight refund will be processed within 24 hours, some banks or credit/debit card issuers may initiate a hold on your funds. Therefore, the refund amount will be credited back to the original form of payment within 7-10 business days.
- Beyond 24 hours, passengers need to pay a cancellation fee of $200, to claim a refund on their reservation.
- Aeromexico cancellation policy 24-hour rule would not be applicable on Basic and Value fares.
- Aeromexico 24 hour cancellation policy would not be applicable to the group fares.
- Tickets booked through miles are not eligible under the ‘Aeromexico cancels within 24 hours rule.
- 24-hour rules would be permitted for the Aeromexico flight change request.
Aeromexico Cancellation Fee
Here’s the overview of the Aeromexico cancellation flight fee on your purchased reservation :
- The Aeromexico flight cancellation fee of $200 would be applied after 24 hours from the date of booking.
- Depending on the fare rules applied to your flight booking, you will either be eligible for Aeromexico cancel ticket refund or a credit voucher.
- The validity of your credit voucher lasts for 365 days from the date of cancellation.
- The fee would not be applicable for flights within Mexico, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean, and the U.S
- The fee would not be applicable in the unfortunate event of the death of a traveler or immediate family member.
Aeromexico cancel flight fee table –
|Aeromexico Fare Family||Basic Fare||Classic Fare||AM Value Fare||Flexible Fare||Premium Fare|
|24-hour cancellation policy||No Charge||No Charge||No Charge||No Charge||No Charge|
|Within 24 hours of flight departure||Not Permitted||Not Permitted||$200||$200||No Charge|
|Within 24-hour of flight departure||Not Permitted||Not Permitted||Not Permitted||$200||No Charge|
Procedure to Cancel Aeromexico Flight
You are allowed to make a cancellation to your flight booking on the airline’s portal as at the airport ticket counters. The Aeromexico flight cancellation fee of $200 would be applied after 24 hours from the date of booking. In this post, we will cover the Aeromexico ticket cancellation procedure –
Method 1: Cancel Flight Tickets Online
You can cancel your trip online in just a few steps –
- To cancel a flight on Aeromexico, you’ll need your 6-character confirmation. If you’re not aware of your trip locator, you can find it in the confirmation email you received when you booked your Aeromexico reservation.
- Go to the ‘Manage reservation’ tab, and enter your record locator along with the last name of the passenger.
- Choose ‘Change or cancel trip’ next to the flight itinerary and follow the prompts.
- Select the passenger or the flight segment that you wish to cancel.
- Review the Aeromexico refund policy on the following page. You will get the canceled flight refund value reflected on the next page.
- Click on the ‘Confirm my cancellation’ button to request cancellation of your booking.
- You will receive a confirmation email that includes your refund status on the email address provided at the time of booking.
Method 2: Cancel Flight Tickets at the Airport Counters
Flight booking consists of restricted fare rules which can’t be retrieved online, and can be canceled at the Aeromexico cancel flight desk at the airport.
You need to carry the Aeromexico reservation details along with a photo ID for validation. The refund would be processed to the original method of payment. If the flight booking is made via a non-electronic mode of payment, the refund of the concerned booking would be credited via the same payment method.
Denial of Boarding or Involuntary Cancellation
If your flight is canceled or you’ve been denied boarding due to government travel restrictions or overbooking, here are the following option available to you –
- You can rebook your travel to a new flight date/time/route free of charge. A fare difference would not be charged under the Aeromexico cancellation policy.
- If you have a schedule change within two weeks from the date of travel, you will not be charged a fare difference under any circumstances.
- If you have a flight cancellation within two weeks from the date of travel, you will obtain a refund on the full value of the fare.
- You can request a refund for 115% of the base fare value if you do not choose an alternate flight.
In the event of involuntary cancellation, here are the following points that you need to consider –
- If your flight is determined because of delay, you have a right to claim canceled flight compensation in addition to the refund on your reservation.
- The refund value must be equivalent to 115% of the value of your purchase fare.
- In the case of Aeromexico canceling flight circumstance, you would be issued a travel credit voucher which would be valid for a year from the date of issue, and the trip must be completed within 330 days from the date of booking.
- Passengers traveling on Basic or Value fare who are affected by the involuntary cancellation due to severe weather or government travel restriction, are eligible to claim a refund.
Aeromexico Cancelled Flight Compensation In Case of Delayed Flights
You would be eligible for Aeromexico canceled flight compensation for up to $725 for flights delays if :
- If the flight is delayed for more than 3 hours
- If your flight originates from Mexico
- If you’re informed of Aeromexico ticket cancellation without any prior notice of at least 0 to 14 days of departure
- If you’re denied boarding due to overbooking
- If you missed your connecting flight due to a delay on your first flight and you reached your final destination or stopover no later than 3 hours after the original flight arrival
- If the flight was not due to any extraordinary circumstances
Aeromexico canceled flight compensation varies between $300 to $725 depending on the length of the delay and the flight distance from point A to point B
In case of a flight delay for more than 3 hours, here is the overview of the Aeromexico flight delay compensation –
- $300 if the flight distance between point A and point B is within 1500 km
- $485 if the flight distance between point A and point B is between 1500 and 3500 km
- $725 if the flight distance between point A and point B is more than 3500 km
For flight delay of more than 2 hours, you would also get –
- Free meals and refreshments
- 2 free calls, emails, or fax service
For flight delay of more than 5 hours, you would also get –
- Passengers must be scheduled for the next available flight as soon as possible
- 115% value of the flight booking as Aeromexico cancel the flight refund
- Hotel accommodation if the alternate transportation requires an overnight stay
- Free meals and refreshments
- Free airport transfers
- $725 as canceled flight compensation if the flight distance between point A and point B is more than 3500 km
Aeromexico Refund Policy
Here are the important highlights from the Aeromexico cancellation policy –
- Aeromexico cancellation fee may apply depending upon the flight route and the fare rules of the purchased flight.
- The cancellation would be applicable on refundable as well as non-refundable fares
- Aeromexico Airlines will issue a refund to the person who paid for the ticket or directly to the concerned passenger who is requesting a cancellation.
- Passengers can request to cancel a flight no later than two hours prior to the scheduled flight departure.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Yes, Aeromexico cancellation would be applicable on all fares except Basic and Classic fare where passengers would not be eligible for a refund or travel credit.
You can cancel Aeromexico flights online at the airlines reservation portal and offline at the airport counter/customer service.
Passengers have up to 24 hours from the date of purchase to cancel or change their booking without incurring any fee. The departure date must be at least 7 days or more at the time of initiating a cancellation request.
The Aeromexico flight cancellation fee of $200 would be applied after 24 hours from the date of booking. Depending on the fare rules applied to your flight booking, you will either be eligible for Aeromexico cancel ticket refund or a credit voucher. The validity of your credit voucher lasts for 365 days from the date of cancellation.
Yes. You can cancel a flight and get a refund from Aeromexico by cancellation charges based on fare category, the reason for cancellation, and destination.
To get a refund with non-refundable tickets, you need to make a cancellation request within the specified time. The airline may charge the full ticket fare as cancellation charges once you failed to submit the refund form within the allotted time frame.
Yes. If the airline fails to provide flight service, you will be refunded. The refund value depends on the fare category, mode of cancellation, the reason for cancellation, destination, and many other factors.
Yes. Aeromexico’s cancellation policy allows you to make the cancellation request on the same day of departure by paying cancellation charges based on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
As soon as you realize you’ve missed your flight, it is crucial to contact Aeromexico’s customer service or the dedicated helpline for missed flights. They may be able to assist you in finding a solution or provide guidance on the next steps.
Yes, Aeromexico does allow passengers to cancel their flights and request a refund under certain circumstances. However, the eligibility for a refund and the amount refunded will depend on various factors.
Aeromexico offers different fare types, such as Basic, Classic, Flexible, and others. Each fare type has its own specific cancellation conditions and refund eligibility.
The airline will forfeit the entire airfare amount and no refund would be offered.
If AeroMexico cancels your flight, you may be eligible for a full or partial refund.
Choose an airfare that offers more flexibility, such as a Flexible or Full-Flex fare. These fare types often allow for cancellations and changes without penalty fees. Or try to cancel the flight within the grace period.