Aeromexico check in policy offers multiple modes that will help passengers complete the airport formalities smoothly and efficiently.
In this post we will cover all the terms and conditions associated with the flight check-in request, the boarding restrictions, the check-in process, and much more.
Aeromexico Flight Check In Terms and Conditions
Passengers need to complete the Aeromexico check in online and print/download the boarding pass. If the passenger is holding the promotional or discounted fares, the check-in needs to be completed at the airport.
Just like that, there are following terms and conditions that you should know before requesting the flight check-in with the airlines –
- If you have purchased an assigned seat, online check-in opens 60 days prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Aeromexico international check-in starts 24 hours before departure.
- Passengers can get complimentary seating if they complete the online check in between 24 and 2 hours prior to their scheduled flight.
- During the two hours leading up to your flight’s scheduled departure time, you will not be able to check in online.
- After you complete the airline’s check-in, if you need to change the travel date, call the airline’s customer service to cancel the check-in in order to modify your flight booking. Before making flight changes, read the Aeromexico flight change policy.
- You may not be authorized to complete the Aeromexico check in online for the flight booking purchased through a third-party travel agency. In such cases, you need to complete the check-in by calling the airline’s customer service.
- Any reservation purchased through any other sales channel other than Aeromexico may require you to complete the ‘Identity Verification. The verification needs to be completed online up to 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure for a cost-related fee of 35 USD.
- To complete the online verification you will be prompted with the following steps –
- Provide booking references and the last name of the passenger.
- Provide travel documents such as passports or government-issued photo IDs.
- Verify your identity with a real-time video of your face.
- Provide the email address and the last name of the passenger.
- Pay the 35 USD fee.
- Once you complete the online verification, you would be able to complete the Aeromexico web check in without any hassles.
- Passengers need to cancel the check-in request in order to cancel the flight booking. The request must be completed before the scheduled departure. To know more, review the Aeromexico cancellation policy.
- No request shall be entertained in case of Aeromexico error checking in. To fix that, call the airline’s reservation phone number at +1-844-673-0381.
Aeromexico Airlines Check In And Boarding Restrictions
You must pay the boarding pass reissue fee if you fail to show a valid boarding pass at airport security or at the boarding gate. At the check-in counter, all passengers departing from the United States must present a printed boarding pass. The other restrictions for boarding include –
- If you are an EU citizen, you must get your travel documents checked, screened and stamped at the Aeromexico international check in counter before going through security.
- Passengers flying with the checked bag must drop at the airline’s baggage counter no later than 40 minutes before the scheduled departure.
- The airline opens the baggage counter 4 hours before departure for international flights, and 2 hours before for domestic flights. To know the baggage weight and size allowance, read the Aeromexico baggage policy.
- Passengers need to produce a valid document that matches the details on the boarding pass, at airport security, and at the boarding gate.
- Passengers are restricted to take hot drinks, any sort of liquid, or alcohol in the plane.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by adults.
- You are not permitted to smoke in any part of the plane. If you violate this condition, you may face legal action and be required to pay costs for any inconvenience you have caused.
- Once you have completed the online check-in, you can print the copies of the Aeromexico boarding pass, download them on your mobile phone up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure time. The boarding pass must be printed on a single A4 page download through the Aeromexico mobile app.
- An adult travelling with children under the age of 12 must reserve a seat. A free reserved seat will be given to a maximum of 4 children for every 1 adult on the same Aeromexico reservation. This ensures that parents with young children are seated together on the plane. You’ll also be able to check in for your flight 60 days ahead of time.
Aeromexico Airlines Check In Process
Aeromexico’s multiple check-in options makes it easy for you to get on board and travel without any hassles.
Aeromexico Web Check In
You can check-in online before you arrive at the airport and get your digital boarding pass 24 hours before the flight departure. Follow these steps to complete your Aeromexico Airline online check in –
- On www.aeromexico.com, choose the ‘web check-in’ tab on the home page.
- Retrieve your booking by filling in the details like booking reference or ticket number and the last name of the passenger.
- Select the passenger and the flight segment you would like to check.
- Select the preferred seat, subject to availability.
- Once the check-in is completed, print, download or email the boarding pass. The airline will accept the Aeromexico print boarding pass.
Travelers who are eligible for the web and mobile check-in –
- Passengers traveling with children and infants.
- Travelers having a confirmed flight and the validating carrier must be Aeromexico.
- Customers who booked the flight through the airline’s official website, or through the mobile app.
Aeromexico Mobile Check In
Alternately, you can check-in from the convenience of your smartphone. All you need to do is download the Aeromexico check in app, get your airport formalities complete before you reach the airport. The steps include –
- Download the app and navigate to the ‘check-in’ button.
- Enter the flight confirmation number and the last name in the required field.
- Tap to select the passenger and the flight segment that needs to be checked.
- Review and agree to the Aeromexico check-in policy and Aeromexico baggage policy.
- Select the seats, meals, and other special services to your reservation.
- Once the check-in is completed, print, download or email the Aeromexico mobile boarding pass.
You can have the access to the following features on the airline’s mobile app –
- You can check-in with a few taps and you are ready to board the flight.
- Access your Aeromexico mobile boarding pass on the go.
- Get instant notification when the check-in gets opened.
- Get real-time updates on the flight arrival and departure schedule.
- Add an Aeromexico boarding pass to your wallet.
- View and change your seat.
Aeromexico Airport Check-in
Passengers who have not completed the check in for their flight online must complete one at the airport. The Aeromexico check in staff will check your travel documents and issue a printed boarding pass. To check-in at the airport –
- Complete the check-in for your bags up to 1 hour before the scheduled departure.
- Passengers need to reach the boarding gate up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure.
Aeromexico Kiosk Check-in
When you arrive at the airport, use the self-serve kiosks to avoid the long queues. Simply check in and print your boarding pass by following the prompts. You can print bag tags at the kiosk before dropping them at the baggage counter. At kiosks, you can also –
- Review your flight itinerary.
- Alter the allocated seats
- Check-in for a companion or co-passenger on the same flight in the same cabin.
- Update your frequent flyer number.
- The airline will accept the Aeromexico print boarding pass.
Aeromexico Check-in Phone Number
You can check-in for the flights through phone up to 1 hour before the departure. All you need to do is –
- Keep your booking reference or the ticket number handy while you get connected with the airline’s executive.
- Give your meal and reference.
- You will be asked to pay the service fee.
- The agent will send the boarding pass to your registered email address.
In case of any Aeromexico error check-in, call airline’s at +1-844-673-0381.
Aeromexico Check In Times
Online and offline check-in is available 24 hours prior to your flight’s departure time. You can check in early and leave plenty of time at the airport. Please see the table below for the most up-to-date check-in times with Aeromexico –
|Flight Departing||Check in and Baggage Drop Time|
|Flights within Mexico||30 minutes|
|Domestic flights operated by codeshare partners||30 minutes|
|Flights connected to international travel||45 minutes|
|Flights where the flight departs from the United States||60 minutes|
|Group check-in for domestic flight||60 minutes|
|Aeromexico International check in time||120 minutes|
|International codeshare agreement operated flights||120 minutes|
Aeromexico Boarding Procedure
There is an entire boarding process involved from completing the flight check-in to dropping your bags and finally to board the flights.
Step 1 – Flight Check In
Passengers who have already completed the online check-in are not required to check-in at the airport. Just keep your digital boarding pass and travel documents handy .
If the online check-in is not completed you need to complete the Aeromexico pre check in through –
- Airport counter
- Self-service check-in kiosk
Once the check-in is completed, proceed towards the Aeromexico Baggage counter.
Step 2 – Baggage Inspection
If you have baggage to check-in, please drop it at the baggage counter at least 60 minutes before the scheduled departure.
- Automatic Baggage Machine – At Mexico city Airport, there is an automatic baggage check-in machine. Passengers who have already checked in and have a boarding pass can use the machine to check in their luggage. A baggage tag would be generated automatically.
- Baggage Check-in – If the baggage machine is not available or you do not wish to use, you can go to the airport baggage counter. To know more about the luggage restriction, read Aeromexico baggage policy.
Passengers flying with carry-on bags only, may proceed directly to the security gate.
Step 3 – Security Inspection
Security will double-check that you aren’t transporting any hazardous or restricted items. To prevent hijacking and terrorism, security inspections at each airport have been under the grip.
Step 4 – Immigration Inspection
Please present your passport as well as your boarding pass. You may be required to fill out an immigration form, depending on the destination country.
After passing through security and immigration, you are free to shop in the duty-free shops. Passengers with lounge access can unwind in a lounge until their flight departs.
Step 5 – Boarding
The gate closes 30 minutes before the Aeromexico boarding time. Failure to present at the gate beyond the stipulated time, you would be marked a ‘no-show’. It may result in the forfeit of the travel funds.
Aeromexico Check In Fee
As per the Aeromexico check-in policy, the airline does not charge any fee for the online check-in – web check-in and mobile check-in. However, passengers need to pay the check-in fee at the airport or through the airline’s customer service.
|Web check-in||Mobile check-in||Kiosk check-in||Airport check-in||Check-in through phone|
|Domestic check-in fee (in USD)||Free||Free||Free||25||50|
|International check-in fee (in USD)||Free||Free||Free||50||100|
|Seat Selection||Depending upon fare rule||Depending upon fare rule||Depending upon fare rule||Depending upon fare rule||Depending upon fare rule|
The first thing that you would need to do when facing a flight check-in request is to contact the airline. The airlines usually offer over the phone assistance 24×7, and they can also give you all the information based on your travel profile in a matter of minutes. Also, keep in mind that you may have to pay the check-in fee. However, it is very important that you treat all Aeromexico pre check in requests with respect as the passengers complain about inconsiderate approaches most of the time.