The airline has implemented a thoughtful Aeromexico unaccompanied minor policy that caters to the needs of young travelers who are flying alone, known as the unaccompanied minor service.
To help you navigate this service smoothly, we have compiled a comprehensive list of restrictions, guidelines, and practical tips.
We aim to provide you with clear, concise, and relevant information in a professional yet friendly manner, ensuring that your child’s solo travel experience is hassle-free and enjoyable.
- What are the Rules and Restrictions For Aeromexico Unaccompanied Minor Program?
- What are the Aeromexico Unaccompanied Minor Travel Restrictions For US-bound flights?
- What is the Required Paperwork for Aeromexico Unaccompanied Minor Travel Program?
- How You Can Book Aeromexico Unaccompanied Minor Service?
- How Much is the Aeromexico Unaccompanied Minor Fee?
- What to Pack for a Child Traveling Alone with Aeromexico?
What are the Rules and Restrictions For Aeromexico Unaccompanied Minor Program?
Let’s begin by outlining the key features of Aeromexico’s unaccompanied minor service:
- To ensure a smooth process, it is recommended to arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before your scheduled flight departure.
- It is essential to be aware that the unaccompanied minor service does not apply to children between the ages of 0 and 4. However, it becomes mandatory for children aged 5 to 14 who are flying without an adult or guardian.
- If the minor is 15 years old at the time the flight ticket is issued, the unaccompanied minor service is not mandatory. However, you may still opt for this service for added convenience.
- The parent or guardian of the minor should be present at the origin airport at least 3 hours before the scheduled departure time, irrespective of whether the flight is domestic or international. This early arrival ensures sufficient time to complete the necessary procedures in a timely manner.
- It is essential for the parent or guardian to remain at the origin airport until an Aeromexico staff member confirms that the flight has departed. We recommend waiting for an additional 15 minutes after takeoff as a precautionary measure in case the flight needs to return.
- The individual escorting the minor to and from the airport must possess a valid, official identification document, such as a voting credential or passport.
What are the Aeromexico Unaccompanied Minor Travel Restrictions For US-bound flights?
When utilizing the unaccompanied minor service in the United States, it is essential for adults and guardians dropping off or receiving the minor to adhere to the following guidelines:
- To ensure a smooth process, we kindly request that you arrive at the airport 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure or arrival of the unaccompanied minor’s flight.
- Please be aware that your presence may be required when dropping off or receiving the unaccompanied minor. In such cases, you will need to acquire a boarding pass at the ticket counter.
What is the Required Paperwork for Aeromexico Unaccompanied Minor Travel Program?
To ensure that a minor can fly unaccompanied, the parent or guardian must present the following documents at the ticket counter, providing three copies of each.
It is important to present these documents at least 3 hours prior to the flight’s scheduled departure, regardless of whether it is a domestic or international flight.
- Unaccompanied Minor Form (UMNR) – This form will be provided to you by our Aeromexico staff at the ticket counter.
- Official ID or passport of the parent or guardian – This includes the official identification document or passport that belongs to the parent or guardian accompanying the minor.
- Minor Exit Form (SAM) – This document is processed at no cost by the National Immigration Institute (INM). This is more like a consent form where the accompanying individual acts as a legal guardian under civil law. They must be of legal adult age.
In case a SAM is not available, we will require an alternative document:
- Notarized document – This document should be notarized and authorizes the departure of the minor. It must specify the mode of transportation, destination, and travel date. If the document has been issued abroad, it should be apostilled and translated into Spanish.
How You Can Book Aeromexico Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Booking the Aeromexico unaccompanied minor service is a simple process. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to book this service:
- Reach out to Aeromexico’s customer service or reservations department to book the unaccompanied minor service.
- Be prepared to provide Aeromexico with essential details about your child and the trip. This includes the child’s full name, age, and contact information (Aeromexico name change in details), as well as any specific requirements or preferences you may have.
- Ask Aeromexico about the specific details of their unaccompanied minor service.
- Understand the age eligibility, any accompanying documentation, fees, and the process involved from Aeromexico check-in to arrival.
- Once you have all the necessary information and are satisfied with the details provided by Aeromexico, proceed with booking the flight with the unaccompanied minor service.
- Double-check the flight details, dates, and times before finalizing the booking.
- Ensure you have the necessary paperwork, such as the Unaccompanied Minor Form (UMNR) and any additional documents required by Aeromexico.
- On the day of travel, make sure to arrive at the airport well in advance to allow sufficient time for check-in, completing necessary forms, and understanding the unaccompanied minor procedures.
By following these steps and maintaining clear communication with Aeromexico, you can easily book the Aeromexico unaccompanied minor service.
How Much is the Aeromexico Unaccompanied Minor Fee?
Aeromexico unaccompanied minor fee varies with the travel within Mexico, to and from the United States, and international destinations. For a full overview of fees check the below list:
|Flights in Mexico||$700 MXN|
|International destinations||$155 USD/EUR/GBP|
|Flights to/from the United States||$150 USD|
Note – The seasonal fares may increase the unaccompanied minor fee. This rule would not be applicable to flights between Mexico and the United States.
What to Pack for a Child Traveling Alone with Aeromexico?
As part of Aeromexico’s unaccompanied minor policy, children between the ages of 5 and 14 can travel alone, and it’s important to ensure they have certain items for a smooth journey.
Here’s a list of recommended items:
- Cell phone – It’s advisable to provide your child with a pay-as-you-go phone. This allows for convenient communication in case of emergencies or to stay in touch during the journey.
- Gift cards – Consider investing in prepaid gift cards, such as $25 or $50 denominations. These cards enable your child to purchase meals or cover unexpected expenses along the travel route.
- Family/friends contact information – Give your child a detailed list of individuals who will be picking them up at the destination airport. Additionally, provide the emergency contact number of parents, family members, or relatives.
- Photographs – Include a photo of the person your child will be meeting at the airport. It’s helpful to add the person’s contact information on the back of the photo for easy reference.
- Copy of passport or other ID – Always ensure your child carries a photocopy of their passport or other identification in their hand luggage.
- Medication – If your child requires any medication, make sure they have an adequate supply for the duration of the journey.
- Details of the flight itinerary – Details of the flight itinerary: Verify that your child understands what to do in case of emergencies and provide guidance on handling Aeromexico airline delays or cancellations. Make at least two copies of this information and keep them in their bag.
- Snacks box – Pack some snacks and a water bottle for your child to have during the flight.
- Entertainment – Include items to keep your child occupied during the journey, such as books, toys, pencils, and an iPad loaded with TV shows and games.
With Aeromexico unaccompanied minor service, you can have peace of mind knowing that your child is in safe hands. We have taken steps to address the specific needs and concerns associated with children traveling alone.
Our dedicated staff is trained to provide support and assistance, making sure your child’s journey is as smooth and secure as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Yes, Aeromexico does allow minors to fly alone. They provide services for unaccompanied minors to ensure their safety and comfort during the flight.
Yes, Aeromexico charges a fee for unaccompanied minors. For flights within Mexico, the airline charges 7000 MXN per passenger. For international flights, the airline charges 155 USD as Aeromexico unaccompanied minor fee.
Yes, a 15-year-old can generally fly alone in Aeromexico. The unaccompanied minor service is optional.
Unaccompanied minors are generally accepted between the ages of 5 and 14. Minors must have the necessary travel documents, such as passports or visas, as required by the destination country.
You will typically need to contact their customer service or reservations department directly.
It’s generally advised to arrive at least 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure time.
Aeromexico unaccompanied minor service is mandatory for children aged between 5 and 14 years of age who are not accompanied by adults at least 16 years of age.
Minors between the age of 0 and 4 years are not eligible for this service.
In addition to the airfare, the Aeromexico unaccompanied minor fee would be –
> 34 USD per child each way for the flights within Mexico.
> 155 USD per child each way for the flights to and from the United States.
> 150 USD per child each way for international travel.
Please note that the flight duration must not be longer than 24 hours.
For minors who are 15 years or older do not require unaccompanied minor service if traveling without a parent or guardian. However, parents/guardians can opt for one for their younger children.
The unaccompanied minor service is only applicable for the flights operated and marketed by Aeromexico. In addition, the service applied to flights operated between 08:00 AM and 06:00 PM.
Call Aeromexico customer service to arrange a flight for a youngster traveling alone. In order to sign up for the Aeromexico unaccompanied minor service, you must call and book the flights up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
The parents/guardian of unaccompanied minors must arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before the flight departure. This is mandatory to complete the paperwork and the boarding process on time.