Traveling is a mindful experience in itself, but when a well-planned journey witnesses a sudden change or cancellations, that is truly a heartbreak! With the Etihad cancellation policy, you do not have to worry if you have any sudden changes in your travel. The airlines offer maximum flexibility when it comes to making changes and cancellations while helping you save every penny you spent on your flight booking. Here are the important highlights from the Etihad flight cancellation policy :
- Etihad Airways cancel flight online is the new service extended by the airline. The service is available from all destinations of the Etihad Airways network.
- The unused ticket can be exchanged and canceled for another booking. Etihad Air cancellation fee may be applied depending upon the fare rules.
- To claim an Etihad flight cancellation refund, customers are required to produce a valid ID proof of the passenger named in the ticket
- If you decide to cancel the booking, Etihad Airways will notify you about the applicable charges online. You can pay the Etihad ticket cancellations fee and other charges incurred via debit/credit card. Hence, customers need to keep the card details handy to process the Etihad ticket cancellation refund.
- Etihad canceled flight refund would be credited back to the same credit/debit card used for the purchase of the ticket.
- Flight bookings purchased by cash, cheque, invoice or any other non-electronic form of payment are not eligible for Etihad Airways cancellation online.
- Etihad cancellation policy would be eligible for bookings made at etihad.com, Etihad Airways phone number, and Etihad Airways ticket offices.
- Etihad Airways flight cancellation policy covered all sorts of fare rules – restricted as well as non-restricted – regardless of class of services and fare types selected.
- Etihad flight cancellations and refunds would not be reversed after the request is initiated.
Etihad Cancellation Policy within 24 Hours
Etihad Airways cancellation within 24 hours policy would only apply to the flights originating to/from Canada and USA. The airlines allow passengers to change or cancel the reservation within 24 hours of purchase, hence there would be no Etihad booking cancellation charges. Here are some of the important points to consider before making the request for Etihad cancellation within 24 hours :
- Etihad 24 hour cancellation policy would be applicable on refundable as well as non-refundable fares.
- Beyond 24 hours, passengers must pay 10% of the airfare value as Etihad ticket cancellation charges to claim a refund on their reservation.
- The refund must be credited back to the original bank account or cardholder’s debit/credit card within 7-10 business days.
- Guests in the US and Canada can only claim a 100% refund under the Etihad 24 hours cancellation rule provided that the reservation must be made at least 7 days or more in advance of the flight departure.
- The 24 hour grace period must begin the moment you complete the flight purchase and you have been issued a 13-digit e-ticket number.
- Etihad Airways reward flight tickets are exempted from Etihad cancellation within 24 hours.
- Etihad airways cancellation within 24 hours would not be applicable to the group fares.
Etihad Airways Cancellation Fee
A cancellation fee for Etihad Airways remains 10% of the airfare value if requested within 96 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure. Here’s the overview of the Etihad ticket cancellation charges :
- Depending upon the route and fare, the Etihad flight cancellation fee may apply to your flight purchase.
- In the case of multiple flight segments to the flight ticket purchased, there would be multiple fare rules attached. As per Etihad cancellation policy, multiple fare rules attract higher restrictions.
- For Etihad airways cancel booking requests, the refund must be subject to the fare rules of the ticket purchased.
- There will be a waiver of the Etihad ticket cancellation fee in the unfortunate event of the death of a traveler, co-traveler, or a death of an immediate family member.
- All the global service fees and ancillaries associated with Etihad booking are non-refundable.
Etihad Airways Ticket Cancellation Procedure
Etihad flight cancellation can be requested through Etihad online booking portal online or Etihad ticket center where you can talk to an agent near you. Here are the following services that can be requested both online as well as offline :
- Etihad ticket cancellation refunds
- Rebooking/rescheduling multiple destinations and stopover booking
- Passenger’s name correction
- Making Etihad booking cancellations to special services such as seating, meal requests, Etihad Chauffeur services, and other travel essentials.
Cancel Flight Tickets Online
Let’s under how to cancel Etihad booking online :
- Log on to Etihad Airways online portal and click on the ‘Manage booking’ link
- You can retrieve the booking in one of the three ways :
- Enter your six-digit booking reference number along with the last name of the passenger
- Enter your 13-digit e-ticket number along with the last four digits of the debit credit used at the time of the booking
- Enter your email address, along with the date of birth and the name of the passenger associated with the Etihad Airways flight.
- Under the flight’s section, choose to select your flight itinerary and click the ‘Change/Cancel’ button.
- You can choose your entire booking, cancel specific passengers or flight segment associated with the Etihad airways reservation.
- Review the Etihad cancellation policy associated with your airfare. Before cancellation, you will get the Etihad ticket cancellation refund value as well as cancellation charges that must be assessed while making a cancellation request.
- Hit the ‘confirm cancel request’ link. You will receive the email confirmation of your Etihad flight cancellation at the email address provided at the time of booking.
- Etihad ticket cancellation refund would reflect in the same payment method that was used to complete the flight booking process.
Cancel Flights at The Ticket Office
All the tickets purchased online, Etihad Contact center, or at the Etihad booking center can be altered and canceled at the airport counter as well. If the payment has been done in cash, a cheque withheld the Etihad flight cancellation refund is sent to the address as specified by the passenger.
Denial of Boarding or Cancellation
All passengers are entitled to Etihad airways flight cancellation compensation if passengers have been denied boarding involuntarily due to :
- Overbooking of flights as there are more confirmed reservations than the number of seats available.
- If the flight is delayed for four hours or more beyond its scheduled time of departure.
- If you have been informed of the Etihad airways canceled flight event within 2 weeks before the scheduled time of departure.
An exception to the Etihad canceled flight compensation :
- You’re informed of Etihad flight cancellation at least two weeks before the scheduled flight departure.
- You’re informed of Etihad booking cancellation between two weeks and seven days prior to the scheduled departure and are offered an alternate flight that reaches your final destination within four hours after the original time of arrival.
- You’re informed of Etihad flight cancellation less than seven days prior to the scheduled departure and are offered an alternate flight that reaches your final destination within two hours after the original time of arrival.
Etihad flight cancellation compensation In case of Delayed Flights
If you’re denied boarding involuntarily or in case of Etihad airways canceled flight event, you are entitled to receive the following amount other than Etihad flight cancellation refund from the airline :
- $485 USD for all flights within 3500 Km from point A to point B
- $725 USD for all flights of more than 3500 Km from point A to point B
The above mentioned Etihad flight cancellation compensation would be reduced to 50% if an alternate flight is offered and the arrival time of such rerouted flights does not exceed the original arrival time of the flight booked :
- By three hours, for all flights within 3500 Km from point A to point B
- By four hours for all flights of more than 3500 Km from point A to point B
In addition, you’re entitled to get the following reimbursement in case of cancellation :
- Reimbursement of the cost of the ticket at which the Etihad airways reservation is bought
- Alternate flight arrangements to the passengers’ final destination or stopover as soon as the flights are available
- Alternate flight arrangements to the passengers’ final destination or stopover at a later date at the passenger’s convenience
If you’re denied boarding involuntarily or if your flight is canceled or delayed by more than 4 hours, under the Etihad flight cancellation compensation, you will also be entitled to get :
- Meals and refreshment vouchers
- Two telephone calls or emails
- Hotel accommodation if the alternate flight arrangement requires an overnight stay
- Airport transfers
Etihad Ticket Cancellation Refund Policy
Here are some of the important points that help you understand Etihad cancellation and refund policy :
- Cancellation charges for Etihad airways may apply, subject to the route and rules of the fare you’ve booked
- Etihad ticket cancellation refunds are subject to the fare rule associated with the flight booking you’ve purchased.
- Etihad flight cancellation made within 96 hours of your flight will incur an additional 10% fee in addition to the Etihad ticket cancellation fee.
- Etihad ticket cancellation charges would be waived in case of an unfortunate event of the death of the passenger or an immediate family member. Passengers can claim a 100% Etihad flight cancellation refund.
- Etihad flight cancellation refund policy varies based on the selected fare rules. To apply for an Etihad ticket cancellation refund on a previously exchanged ticket, a refund policy of the original fare would apply.
- You can cancel a flight ticket with Etihad Airways two hours prior to the scheduled departure at the latest.
Etihad Cancellation Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You can apply for a full or partial refund within 15 months after the expiry of the validity of the ticket. If the payment has been done in cash, a cheque withheld the Etihad flight cancellation refund is sent to the address as specified by the passenger. If the flight booking had been done with the credit/debit card, then the amount would be credited back to the same card amount. Etihad ticket cancellation refund cannot be processed back to an alternate card account.
Once you make your flight purchase online, you can make use of the ‘Manage Reservation’ section for Etihad flight cancellation or changes for the fully unused flights. The link for the ‘Manage Reservation’ section can be accessed from the homepage of the Etihad Airways portal.
Etihad airways booking cancellation is permitted within 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
Yes, in case of a change of an aircraft or class of service, passengers are eligible for a refund, as per Etihad airways ticket cancellation policy. To claim a refund, passengers need to send a ticket copy as well as a boarding pass to the airline.