Etihad Airways pet policy is very flexible and allows dogs, cats as well as falcons to travel in its aircraft. A booking form along with a number of legal paperwork must be submitted before you may travel with your pet. It is advised that you should begin creating these papers at least two weeks beforehand. If not, you might not be able to travel. The article below provides all the necessary information in regard to the reservations, paperwork, and country rules that are a must to read.
- Traveling with Pets in Etihad Airways’ Cabin
- Etihad Pet Policy and Rules for Traveling With Pets
- What is the Etihad Pet Travel Fee?
- Etihad Pet Travel Checklist
Traveling with Pets in Etihad Airways’ Cabin
Etihad Airways pet in cabin policy allows pets to travel within. The carrier needs to be safe, have a waterproof bottom, and have enough space for your pet to stand up and turn around without hitting the top.
- Pets traveling in Economy are limited to the following dimensions: 16 x 16 x 9 inches (40 x 40 x 22cm).
- The maximum size may be raised by purchasing an additional seat.
- In order to fly in Business or First Class with a pet, you must buy an extra seat. Size limit: 20 x 17 x 20 in (50 x 43 x 50cm).
- Your pet’s total weight, including the carrier, cannot be more than 17.6 lbs (8kg).
- Pets must be at least 16 weeks old, in excellent health, and traveling in the cabin with an adult who is at least 18 years old.
- Cost: $150 USD for journeys under six hours.
- Over 6 hours, the price is $250 USD.
Traveling with Pets as Checked Baggage
Etihad Airways Pet Policy does not offer checked baggage service for any animals other than falcons.
How to Make Pet Reservations?
The below-mentioned process must be followed to make bookings for your pet.
- Send in a booking request form at least 7 days beforehand.
- Send all necessary documentation through email at least 72 hours before your travel.
- If you are going to Abu Dhabi via air, fill out a UAE Health Certificate and apply for a pet release permit.
- Within five days of your flight, a government-recognized health authority in your home country must sign and stamp the UAE Health Certificate.
- This is a must to show at the airport. If not, your pet won’t be allowed to fly.
Etihad Pet Policy and Rules for Traveling With Pets
Etihad Airways pet policy welcomes cats and dogs on board flights operated by Etihad to and from Abu Dhabi for a fee. For information on other locations, contact the appropriate national authorities.
- Available only when you directly reserve with Etihad and on flights operated by Etihad (your ticket number starts with 607).
- Pets in Economy must always be in a container, either beneath your seat or on a seat next to you.
- Your cat or dog must weigh no more than 8kg with their carrier.
- Pets should at least be at least 16 weeks old.
- To travel with a pet, you must be at least 18 years of age.
- Exit Row seats are not permitted to be used.
NOTE: Pets must take a seat in their carrier on a nearby seat in Business or First. They are not allowed to be tucked beneath your seat according to the Etihad pet policy.
Rules to Travel With Falcons
All aircraft operated by Etihad are allowed to carry falcons.
- A falcon may be brought along for free as part of your free cabin baggage or may be checked for a fee of $500 per cage.
- One falcon per passenger or two falcons for each extra seat is allowed in Economy.
- You are allowed to bring two falcons in First Class or Business, or three falcons for each extra seat.
- Please make sure you have the necessary permissions and papers for your falcon to travel in order to prevent any delays at the airport.
Arriving at the Airport with Your Pet
These are the necessary pointers that must be taken care of if you are traveling with your pet:
- Show up at check-in with your pet in a suitable carrier 3 hours prior to departure.
- At check-in, you must produce the necessary documentation. If not, your pet won’t be allowed to fly.
- In addition to your permitted cabin luggage, your pet may fly.
- You are welcome to bring your pet if you are qualified to visit one of the lounges in Abu Dhabi. Pet access to lounges at other airports is governed by local rules and access policies.
- To allow the airlines’ staff to assist you with enough time in your hands well as with preparing your pet for travel, it is advised that you check in before other visitors.
Pet Carrier Details and Dimensions
These are the dimensions given by the airlines in accordance with the seat selection.
While flying, your pet must always stay in its carrier. They must be able to turn around, stand, lie down, and sit inside their pet carrier.
- Carriers cannot be larger than 40 x 40 x 22 cm in order to fit beneath your seat (L x W x H).
- Neighboring seat can have a 50 x 43 x 50 cm (L x W x H) size.
- Carrier should be aired on at least three different surfaces.
- Be both evasions- and leak-proof.
- Be lined with absorbent material.
What is the Etihad Pet Travel Fee?
Traveling with pets is chargeable with varying classes in the airlines. Etihad pet travel cost is as follows:
- Pet travel in Economy costs $1,500 or 215,000 Etihad Guest Miles (reward points) each trip.
- In order to reserve an adjacent seat in Economy, you must pay $1,500 roundtrip in addition to the price of the additional seat.
- If you’re flying Business or First, you’ll need to buy an additional seat for your pet because there isn’t any room under the seat.
- You’ll be charged $1,500 roundtrip in addition to the price of an additional seat.
- Additional seats must be purchased in advance.
|One-way economy travel without the seat||$1,500|
|One-way economy travel with the seat||Cost of an extra seat plus $1,500|
|One-way business class travel||Cost of an extra seat plus $1,500|
|One-way first-class travel||Cost of an extra seat plus $1,500|
Etihad Pet Travel Checklist
Before taking your dog or cat on a trip, check Etihad pet travel rules that include:
- You have reviewed all of the entry and exit regulations for the nations you are traveling to and from.
- Passengers have all the required legal papers, medical checkups, and travel preparations for your pet.
- You made a reservation at least seven days beforehand.
- Etihad Airways has given its consent for you to fly.
- You’ve asked your veterinarian if your pet needs any special travel medications.
- Passengers have a lead and an appropriate harness or collar at your disposal.
- Your pet is accustomed to its kennel or travel bag.
- In your cabin luggage, you have dry pet food in a sealed container. Depending on local laws, wet food could be acceptable.
- Carry all original paperwork for your pet with you so that an airport veterinarian may verify it when you arrive.
What Types of Pets Are Allowed on Etihad Airways?
Dogs that pose a risk like the one below are not allowed on our aircraft.
|1. Staffordshire Bull Terrier breed of dog|
|2. Brazilian Mastiff (Fila Brasileiro)|
|3. American Staffordshire Terrier breed of dog|
|4. Any Mastiff or Hybrid|
|5. American Bully|
|6. Argentinian Mastiff (Dogo Argentino)|
|7. American Pit Bull Terrier breed of dog|
|8. Japanese Tosa or hybrid|
|9. Rottweilers breed or hybrid|
|10. Doberman Pinschers|
|11. Canario Presa|
|12. BoxerAny mixed breed of above breeds of dog or their Hybrid|
Check here the other pet policy of different airlines.
Frequently Asked Questions – Etihad Pet Policy
No, Etihad Airways does not offer checked baggage service for any animals other than falcons.
No, it isn’t possible. You need to send in a booking form request form at least seven days beforehand.
One falcon per passenger or two falcons for each extra seat is allowed in Economy.
To travel with a pet, you must be at least 18 years of age.
Pets must be at least 16 weeks old to travel in a cabin.