You should Know Everything About WestJet Cancellation Policy
All the airlines provide cancellation facility to their passengers so that they do not feel stuck on making the reservations with the airline. Everybody deserves an opportunity to undo their actions. Anybody can face an inevitable situation in life that would require them to make necessary changes. Sometimes people plan for a vacation or business trip that may require travel but due to some unavoidable circumstances, people may have to cancel their plans. For such situations, the cancellation policy of the airline persists. Similarly, WestJet also provides WestJet cancellation policy to the passengers for such situations so that they can cancel their reservations.
In case, the passengers hold a ticket on the same day of the booking then the airline will not charge any WestJet cancellation fee. Such passengers will receive a complete refund from the airline. However, in case, if passengers cancel a WestJet flight online on the same day of the flight, then they will lose the whole amount of the ticket and no refund will be provided by the airline.
WestJet cancellation policy clearly states that the passengers who are canceling a flight (WestJet) after 24 hours of the purchase of the ticket will have to pay the WestJet cancellation fee. The airline allows passengers to cancel their reservations before 72 hours of the departure of the flight.
WestJet Cancellation Refund Policy
As per the WestJet cancellation refund policy, the passengers who are seeking a complete refund by the WestJet Airline must make a cancellation within the first twenty-four (24) hours of the confirmation of the ticket. Beyond this stipulated time the passengers are required to pay the cancellation fee for making the cancellation regardless of the fare type purchased, the destination of the journey, and the time of cancellation. The refund is only initiated in the bank account of the passenger after the subtraction of the cancellation fee (if any). The passengers do not have to worry about the bank account refund as it will be refunded in the same account by which the reservation was made by the passenger. The passengers canceling the Econo Flex or Econo, or Business Flex ticket or Premium Flex beyond the specified time frame of 24 hours will have to pay the cancellation fee that is imposed by WestJet Airlines. The refunds will be credited only after the deduction of the cancellation charge in the respective account of the passenger. The passengers that acquire Basic Fares tickets will not be able to enjoy the refund according to the WestJet cancellation refund policy.
There is one insurance program provided by WestJet Airlines that helps the passengers to protect their refund values. With the help of this insurance, the refund amount will be credited in the respective bank account within a maximum of three to five (3 to 5) business days. Though the passengers acquiring the Econo Flex or Econo ticket will only be given travel credit and not any refund. This travel credit can be used for any future purchase by the passenger. The airline suggests making a selection on Econo Flex Econo, Business Flex, Premium Flex, ticket while making a WestJet Airlines reservation.
WestJet Cancellation Fee
JusPerfectlyke every airline, WestJet Airlines also charges a cancellation fee from the passengers that are canceling their reservations. The cancellation fee is the first thought of every passenger that is canceling any reservation. It is advised by the airline to go through the WestJet cancellation policy before making WestJet reservations. The WestJet cancellation charges are based on various factors like the destination of travel, the duration between the cancellation timing and the departure of the flight, the type of fare held by the passenger, the time of cancellation, number of tickets selected for cancellation and much more. To know the WestJet cancellation fee have a glance at the following:
- The passengers that hold the Econo ticket have to pay 50 CAD to 59 CAD approx as the WestJet Econo cancellation fee.
- The passengers that hold the Econo Flex ticket have to pay 25 CAD to 30 CAD approx if they are flying within Canada.
- The passengers that hold the Business Flex ticket have to pay 100 CAD to 118 CAD approx as a WestJet cancellation fee.
- The passengers that hold the Premium ticket have to pay 50 CAD to 59 CAD approx as a WestJet cancellation charge.
- Please note that the WestJet cancellation fee is entirely different for the passengers taking the flights to Europe as per the WestJet cancellation policy.
- In case you have any kind of queries regarding the WestJet cancellation charge then you can contact the WestJet executive at +1-888-434-6454.
How To Cancel A WestJet flight Online?
In case, you do not know how to cancel a WestJet flight online then you can follow the steps mentioned below to cancel your reservations made with WestJet Airlines:
- The first action to start with the procedure is to visit the official website of WestJet Airlines.
- Once you arrive at the official website of WestJet Airlines, you need to locate the tab that says “Manage and Plan”.
- Once you see the “Manage and Plan” you need to tap on the drop-down arrow on it.
- Under the Manage Trips option, you will have to select on the flight that you want to cancel from the list appearing on the screen.
- Once you have selected the flight for cancellation you have to provide the reservation number along with the last name of the passenger and then hit the option of Search.
- After this step, you need to go to the Manage booking page and there you will have to make a selection on the option of Cancel Flight to continue further.
- To make sure that you cancel the flight successfully you will have to follow the on-screen instructions that appear on the WestJet flight cancellation page.
In case you have any confusion related to the WestJet cancellation policy then visit the official page of WestJet Airlines or contact at +1-888-434-6454.