In this introduction, we will walk you through the WestJet check-in process, from the various check-in options available to you to the documentation you need to bring along with you.
Whether you’re a frequent flyer or a first-time traveler, our friendly and professional staff are always on hand to assist you at every step of the way.
- What are my check-in options for Westjet?
- What time until I request check-in with Westjet?
- How do I check in for a Westjet flight?
- How do I get a mobile boarding pass for Westjet?
- How do I request baggage check-in at the airport?
- Contact WestJet Through Social Media
What are my check-in options for Westjet?
WestJet offers several check-in options for their passengers. Here are the options available:
- You can check in for your WestJet flight online by visiting the WestJet website or mobile app. Westjet online check-in is available from 24 hours up to 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time of your flight.
- You can also request through Westjet mobile check-in app. This allows you to check in, select your seat, and receive your boarding pass on your mobile device.
Airport kiosk check-in
- WestJet also provides airport kiosks at most airports they serve. These kiosks allow you to check in, select your seat, and print your boarding pass.
- You can also request Westjet flight check-in in person at the airport counter. This is a good option if you have special requests or need assistance with your travel arrangements.
It’s important to note that the Westjet check-in options available may vary depending on the airport and the type of flight you are taking.
It’s recommended to check the specific details of your flight on the WestJet website or mobile app for the most up-to-date information.
What time until I request check-in with Westjet?
The Westjet check-in and boarding times can vary depending on the specific flight and airport.
However, in general, it’s recommended that passengers arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure time for domestic flights and 3 hours before the scheduled departure time for international flights.
The recommended Westjet airlines check-in time can also vary depending on the specific flight and airport. The times listed below are in minutes before the scheduled departure of the flight and apply to Westjet domestic flight check-in time.
|Travel||Airport Arrival time||Baggage drop-off time||Check-in cutoff time||Boarding gate arrival time||Boarding gate closure time|
|Other international routes||150||90||60||40||10|
Those who arrive past the boarding gate closing time will not be allowed to board that flight. Visitors might qualify for a same-day change in specific circumstances.
Here are important points to consider –
- In most places, luggage will be accepted up to three hours before the planned time of aircraft departure. Baggage check-in is permitted up until the check-in deadline.
- The majority of airports have a cutoff time for international check-in of 60 minutes, while Calgary (YYC), Edmonton (YEG), Toronto (YYZ), and Vancouver (YVR) have a cutoff time of 75 minutes (YVR).
- With Boeing 787 aircraft, the gate cutoff time is 15 minutes.
- Check the security wait times for flights leaving from Canadian airports to ensure you have enough time to get to your gate and board your flight.
Check-in time for special requests –
Passengers having special requests must be aware of the –
- Those who need to use a wheelchair should arrive 30 minutes earlier than the Westjet flight check-in deadlines.
- Oversized or overweight baggage passengers must check in 30 minutes before the check-in deadline.
- Westjet unaccompanied minor passengers must check in with a WestJet representative 90 minutes before the departure time.
- Passengers who purchased an additional seat must check in with a WestJet representative before the planned departure time.
- Allow an additional 30 minutes before check-in closes for passengers who are traveling with a pet in the cabin.
- A minimum of 90 minutes prior to the departure time is required for those who availed of Westjet pet travel and carrying pets as checked baggage.
How do I check in for a Westjet flight?
You can check in for your WestJet flight using any of the following methods:
Online Check-in –
Visit the WestJet website and follow these steps –
- Open your web browser and go to the Westjet website at https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/index
- Click on the “Check-in” tab in the top right-hand corner of the homepage.
- Enter your reservation information, including your confirmation number or e-ticket number, your last name, and your departure city.
- Click on the “Check-in” button to begin the check-in process.
- Follow the prompts to select your seat, add baggage, and provide any necessary personal information.
- Review your check-in details to make sure everything is correct.
- Click on the “Check-in” button to complete the process.
- If you have a printed boarding pass, you can print it out or save it to your mobile device for easy access at the airport.
- If you have any issues or questions during the Westjet com check-in process, you can contact Westjet customer service for assistance.
- Arrive at the airport on time and present your boarding pass and identification to the Westjet staff to begin your journey.
Download the WestJet mobile check-in app. Follow the prompts to complete the check-in process, and then save your boarding pass to your phone.
- Download the WestJet mobile app from the App Store or Google Play Store and launch it on your mobile device.
- Log in to your WestJet account, or create a new one if you haven’t already done so.
- On the home screen, tap the “Check-in” button.
- Enter your booking confirmation number, last name, and departure city, then tap “Continue.”
- Review your flight details, and confirm your seat selection or make changes as needed.
- If you have baggage to check, select the number of bags you’ll be checking and pay any applicable baggage fees.
- If you have any special requests, such as wheelchair assistance or a meal preference, you can make those selections now.
- Once you’ve reviewed all the information and made any necessary changes, tap the “Check-in” button to complete the process.
- After check-in is complete, you’ll be able to access your mobile boarding pass, which you can save to your device or add to your digital wallet.
- Arrive at the airport with your mobile boarding pass and any necessary travel documents, and proceed to security and the gate.
Self-Service Check-in Kiosks –
If you’re departing from an airport with self-service check-in kiosks, you can use one of them to complete a Westjet flight check-in request for your flight. Follow the prompts on the kiosk screen, and then print your boarding pass. The steps include –
- Locate the self-service kiosk at the airport terminal and approach it.
- Select the Westjet airline.
- Use the touch screen to enter your booking reference number, passport/ID details, and other required information.
- Select your preferred seat from the available options displayed on the screen.
- Indicate whether you have checked baggage or not, and follow the prompts to print the luggage tags and attach them to your bags.
- Confirm your flight details, review your seat selection, and print your boarding pass.
- Retrieve your boarding pass from the printer slot on the kiosk.
- If you have checked your baggage, proceed to the bag drop counter to deposit your bags. Otherwise, proceed directly to the security checkpoint.
Check-in at the WestJet Counter –
If you prefer to check in with a WestJet agent, you can visit the WestJet counter at the airport. The agent will ask for your booking confirmation number or ID, verify your details, and then print your boarding pass.
The check-in process at WestJet counter at the airport typically involves the following steps:
- Arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before your scheduled departure time to allow enough time to check-in and go through security.
- Locate the WestJet check-in counter at the airport terminal. You can usually find this information on the airport map or directory.
- Approach the WestJet representative at the counter and provide them with your travel details such as your flight number, departure city, and destination.
- You will be asked to provide a valid government-issued photo identification such as a passport or driver’s license.
- You will also be asked to provide your flight confirmation number. This can be found on your itinerary or booking confirmation.
- If you have checked baggage, you will be required to check it in at the counter. The WestJet representative will weigh your luggage and tag it with a luggage tag for identification purposes.
- Once your check-in process is complete, the WestJet representative will print your boarding pass. This will indicate your seat number, boarding time, and gate number.
- After receiving your boarding pass, proceed to the security checkpoint. Make sure to have your boarding pass and identification ready for inspection by security personnel.
- Once you have passed through security, proceed to your gate to board your flight.
How do I get a mobile boarding pass for Westjet?
To get a mobile boarding pass for WestJet, follow these steps:
- Download the WestJet app on your mobile device. The app is available for free on both the App Store for iOS devices and Google Play for Android devices.
- After installing the app, open it and tap on the “Check-in” button.
- Enter your booking confirmation number or your flight information to access your flight details.
- Follow the prompts to check in for your flight and select the option to receive a mobile boarding pass.
- Your Westjet check-in online boarding pass will be displayed on your mobile device, and you can either save it to your device or take a screenshot of it.
- You can then use the mobile boarding pass to go through security and board your flight.
Note that if you have any issues or questions while checking in for your flight or obtaining your mobile boarding pass, you can contact WestJet customer service for assistance.
How do I request baggage check-in at the airport?
To request baggage check-in at the airport, follow these steps:
- Before arriving at the airport, check your airline’s baggage policy to ensure that you comply with their restrictions on baggage size, weight, and number of bags allowed.
- Once you arrive at the airport, locate your airline’s check-in counter. You can usually find this information on the airport’s website or through signs in the airport.
- Join the line at the check-in counter and wait for your turn. Have your passport or identification and flight details handy.
- When it’s your turn, present your baggage to the airline representative for check-in. They will weigh your bags, check your identification, and print your boarding pass.
- If you need to pay any Westjet checked baggage fees, the airline representative will let you know and collect payment.
- The airline representative will attach baggage tags to your checked luggage, which will include information about your flight and destination. Westjet check-in baggage restrictions may apply.
- Ask the representative about baggage delivery at your destination and any necessary baggage claim procedures.
- After you have checked in your baggage, proceed to airport security with your boarding pass and carry-on luggage.
Contact WestJet Through Social Media
To contact WestJet through social media, you can follow these steps:
- Twitter – WestJet’s Twitter handle is @WestJet. You can tweet them a question or concern and they will respond as soon as possible.
- Facebook – WestJet’s Facebook page is facebook.com/westjet. You can send them a private message or post on their page and they will respond.
- Instagram – WestJet’s Instagram handle is @westjet. You can send them a direct message or leave a comment on one of their posts.
- LinkedIn – WestJet also has a LinkedIn page where you can send them a message.
In conclusion, the WestJet flight check-in process is designed to be quick, efficient, and easy for passengers.
With various check-in options such as online, mobile, and self-serve kiosks, passengers have the flexibility to choose the option that works best for them.
Overall, the WestJet airlines check-in process ensures a hassle-free start to your travel experience with the airline.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
WestJet recommends that you check in at least two hours prior to your scheduled departure time for domestic flights and three hours prior for international flights.
WestJet may have specific check-in time windows that you need to adhere to in order to check in.
Visit the website of WestJet. Look for the “Check-in” or “Manage Booking” tab on the airline’s homepage and click on it.
No. Passengers can simply download and save the boarding pass on their smartphone, and show it wherever required.
By checking in early, you can avoid long lines at the airport check-in counter or kiosks. This can save you time and reduce stress, especially if you’re traveling during peak travel times.
If you need to check baggage and are unable to do so online, you will need to visit the airline’s check-in counter at the airport to complete the check-in process.