With Volaris check in, you can select the seats and genre the boarding pass anytime before the scheduled departure, without any hassles.
In this post, we will cover the information that you should know before completing the check-in formalities, the check-in process, and the service fee the airline charges to complete the said request, and much more.
Volaris Check In Information
Volaris Airlines is glad to present the latest check-in service that makes the airport formatives smooth and comfortable. The airline’s check-in service allows you to save time at the airport and even before you pack your suitcase. Save time by following simple instructions –
Volaris Mobile Check In
The mobile check-in is available for all the fights in and out of Mexico except for the flights to and from Venezuela.
When you complete the mobile check-in, simply arrive at the airport to check your baggage, the airlines will accept it as normal, validate the travel document, and generate a regular boarding pass based on the information stored in the mobile, and you’re ready to board the flight.
Volaris Web Check In
the web check-in and Volaris kiosk check-in counters will be available for all domestic and international flights except for Venezuela flights. In addition –
- Passengers will be required to have their travel documents verified at check-in counters before proceeding to the boarding gates.
- Boarding passes issued online are different from the boarding passes issued at the regular check-in counters.
- Passengers who have already checked in and holding the boarding passes issued through the web or self-service machines need to submit their luggage to the Baggage Drop Counters and proceed to the security.
Volaris web check in is available to the passengers who are –
- Holding a confirmed ticket on the flight operated by Volaris.
- Passengers who are holding the eligible travel document.
- Reservations that contain no more than 9 passengers and have a maximum of 4 flight segments per Volaris flight reservation.
- Passengers travelling with or without the checked baggage.
Volaris web check in is not available to the passengers who are –
- Holding the paper tickets.
- Unaccompanied minors
- Travelers who have a visual and hearing impairment.
- Passengers traveling with pet on Volaris.
- Travelers flying to destinations outside Mexico.
- Passengers on standby
Volaris Check in Time
Due to the longer-than-usual processing times at the airport as a result of COVID-19 restrictions, it’s vital that you comply with the following check-in times for your itinerary. Failure to follow them may result in seat reassignment, involuntary cancellations, and forfeit of travel funds.
|Itinerary||When to arrive at the airport||Check-in & baggage drop off deadline||Boarding gate deadline||Boarding gate closes|
|Within Mexico||90 minutes||45 minutes||30 minutes||15 minutes|
|To and from United States||120 minutes||60 minutes||30 minutes||15 minutes|
|Outside Mexico||180 minutes||60 minutes||45 minutes||30 minutes|
Check-in counters shall be opened for check-in any time between 48 and 1 hour prior to flight departure. In addition –
- For all flights departing one hour before the scheduled departure time, check-in counters will remain open.
- At certain airports, due to security measures and protocol, the local authorities may determine the opening and closing time of the boarding gate.
- Boarding gate closes 20 minutes before the scheduled departure for domestic flights, and 60 minutes for the international flights.
- If a passenger arrives late at the check-in counter or boarding gate, or does not carry the appropriate documents, the airlines reserve the right to cancel the passenger’s reservation as per the cancellation policy. The airlines is not responsible for any loss or expense incurred by the passenger as a result of their failure to comply with the provisions of the Volaris flight check-in policy.
Volaris Flight Check in Exit Row Seating
As per the Volaris check in policy, passengers may be assigned emergency exit seats, but may change your seating arrangements if it is determined that the passenger may not be able to perform the following emergency evacuation functions due to –
If the person lacks flexibility, mobility, or strength, in arms, hands, and legs, or if it is determined that the passenger may require assistance to perform the following tasks:
- To reach the location of the emergency exit and its operating mechanisms by moving upward, sideways, and downward.
- To grasp those mechanisms and push, pull, turn, or otherwise manipulate them.
- To open emergency exits by pushing, shoving, pulling, or other means.
- Obstructions similar in size and weight to over-wing exit doors must be removed.
If the passenger have the inability to –
- Locate the emergency exit seats.
- Recognize the mechanism that opens the emergency exit.
- Understand the instructions for using the emergency exit, whether they are written, graphic, or oral.
- Examine whether opening the emergency exit will expose passengers to additional dangers.
- Follow hand signals given by the crew members.
- Stow or secure emergency exit doors so that they do not obstruct exit use.
Passengers must be at least 16 years of age and able to perform all the tasks without the assistance of any adult or crew members.
Volaris Print Boarding Pass
Once the boarding pass is generated please read all the conditions and instructions mentioned on it carefully. In addition –
- If the passenger fails to show up for the flight or cancels the flight anytime before departure, the boarding pass will get automatically canceled.
- Passengers must present a printout of their boarding pass as well as valid photo identification to security and the Volaris Airlines customer service executive at least 45 minutes prior to departure time when boarding the flight.
- Passenger fails to submit the required travel document, the airline may deny boarding.
- Passengers traveling with the checked luggage need to submit at the baggage counter well in advance of the boarding time.
- Passengers who are eligible to use the business lounge need to carry the printout of the boarding pass.
- If the passenger does not arrive at the boarding gate 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time, the passenger’s flight booking would be canceled resulting in the forfeit of the travel funds.
Volaris Check-In Process
Passengers can check in for the flights via the My Trips page at the Volaris website, through the mobile app, through the airline’s customer service number, and through Whatsapp. After you complete the Volaris check-in, you need to get your boarding pass handy before you arrive at the airport to avoid the peak travel rush.
Volaris Check In Online
The Volaris web check-in is the best and the most convenient option to check in from your laptop. You may find the check-in link on the main menu of the airline’s homepage. The steps include –
- Visit volaris.com, and navigate the check-in link on the home page.
- Enter the flight reservation code and the last name of the passenger to access your reservation.
- Select the flight segment, and the name of the passenger to be checked in.
- Please ensure to comply with the check-in policy requirement and the Volaris baggage policy.
- Check seat availability and select the seat as per your requirement. Add meals, baggage tag and the special service you need for your travel.
- Confirm your selection and you will be able to download the boarding pass. You can print it out or download it on your desktop.
Volaris App Check in
Besides web check-in, you can also complete the Volaris flight check in from the airline’s official booking app. You can download the app on your smartphone or tablet. Follow these steps to complete the check-in for your reservation –
- Go to Volaris mobile app and tap the ‘Check-In’ button.
- Enter the last name and the booking reference in the required field.
- Tap the flight and the name of the passenger that needs to be checked.
- Select the seats and all the additional services such as meals, baggage, etc you need to add for your flight.
- Please ensure to comply with the airline’s check-in policy requirement and the Volaris baggage policy.
- Verify your flight itinerary and the travel and tap to generate the boarding pass.
Volaris Kiosk Check In
The kiosk check-in is a convenient way to complete the check-in using the Volaris kiosk located at all the airports in Mexico and selected airports at the international destinations. Follow these steps to check in at the self-service kiosks –
- At the kiosk, enter the Volaris reference or ticket number.
- Select the flight segments and passengers that need to be checked in.
- A seat map will be displayed. Select the seats, and all other additional services you like to add.
- Collect your boarding pass.
Volaris Check-In Phone Number
You can also complete the flight check-in on the go by calling the Volaris flight representative at the customer service phone number. The airline will charge the service fee in addition to the handling charges. All you need to do is –
- Keep the booking reference or ticket number handy while you get connected to one of the representatives.
- Provide your seat preference and special service request that you like to add to your travel.
- Pay the fee over the phone with your debit/credit card.
- The airlines will send the boarding pass to your registered email.
Volaris Check In Whatsapp
Connect to the Whatsapp chat with the Volaris airlines, and do the needful –
- Provide your booking reference through chat.
- The airline will send the link to the seat map. Select the seats alongside the special service that you like to add for your travel.
- Volaris will send the boarding pass immediately on your WhatsApp chat.
Volaris Check-In at the Airport
In case you have been unable to complete the Volaris check in online request, you can still complete the request at the airport. It may be subject to the Volaris flight check in, and it varies with the domestic and international travel.
Volaris has the individual counters for the Economy, Premium Economy, and Business Class counters at most airports.
Please note that the Volaris kiosk check-in is also available at some airports. Without having to wait in lines at the main check-in counter, you can check in quickly and go straight to security.
Volaris Check in Fee
As per the Volaris check-in policy, the airline does not charge the check-in fee online or through the mobile app. However, the airlines charge a service fee if you request the flight check-in at the airport or through the customer service phone number –
|Web check-in||Mobile check-in||Whatsapp check-in||Airport check-in||Phone check-in|
|Service Fee for flights within Mexico (in USD)||Free||Free||Free||50||75|
|Service Fee for flights outside Mexico (in USD)||Free||Free||Free||100||150|
In the end, the Volaris check-in policy offers hassle-free travel. Whether you book a flight in any class of service, regardless of the fare rules, the airline offers check-in through multiple modes, and is easy to complete the airport formalities without much fuss.