With Volaris Name Change Policy, passengers can smoothly alter the incorrect name as well as change the name due to any legal considerations. In this post, we will give you insights into all the rules and guidelines you should consider before making a name change request, the airline’s penalty, and much more.
- Rules for Volaris Change Name on Flight Ticket
- Volaris Name Correction Policy
- How to Change Name on Volaris Ticket?
- Types of Volaris Change Name Request
- Volaris Change Name Fee
- Volaris Name Change Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Rules for Volaris Change Name on Flight Ticket
The airlines change name service is not available when –
- Passengers purchased the flight with an eGift certificate or the airlines’ electronic credit.
- You have already marked a no-show on the flight segment.
- You need to change the adult booking to the booking for a minor, elderly passenger, or any other adult passenger.
In addition, there are other rules that should consider before making a said request –
- The name on the flight booking must be identical to the name that appears on the passport or government-issued photo ID. For instance, driver’s license for a domestic flight, passport for an international flight. Passengers may be denied boarding or entry at the destination in case the name is found incorrect, as per Volaris name change policy.
- The airline allows correction for the minor spelling errors up to 4 characters on the first, middle, or last name. To correct the spelling mistake, passengers need to pay a non-refundable 200 USD fee alongside the fare difference, if there is any.
- The airline does not permit transferring of flight tickets to another passenger.
- Some fare rules associated with your booking do not permit name change. In such a case, the passenger has to request Volaris flight cancellation, claim a refund, and then book a new flight with the correct name.
- Correcting a name with the airline may incur a Volaris flight change fee and any applicable fare difference.
- All the name changes or correction requests cannot be processed immediately. Therefore, no name change or correction is requested within 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- When there are multiple airlines involved other than the Volaris, the name change request is only permitted on the said airlines. For all the other airlines, passengers have to contact them directly.
Other Rules Covered Under Volaris Name Change Policy
For a non-refundable fee of 200 USD, passengers can request the name change per flight segment, so you have the possibility of making possible changes and traveling hassle-free. Passengers can only use this service in an instance wherein they booked the flight on Volaris.com or via the airline’s Call Centre. Add to that –
- The name change service can only be requested on the flight operated by the said airlines, and booking must include a 036 as ticket stock number.
- Any name change requested must be requested at the airline’s website up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure. Should the ticket change request not involve a flight upgrade or the change in the ticket type, then the passenger’s name would be changed for no additional cost. Only fare difference will apply.
- According to the Volaris name change policy, passengers cannot request the change in passenger type adult, senior, infant, or minor.
- Sometimes, there are multiple passengers in the booking. Only one passenger may need to request the name change or correction. He/she needs to contact Volaris customer service phone number.
- Any change of name request does not exempt passengers from paying the fare difference, airport taxes, and surcharge in case the booking class or ticket type is no longer available. In this case, the said difference must be calculated from the cost of the new fare and the cost of the existing fare.
- The new fare prices are available through the Global Reservation Platform, as name changes cannot be requested online.
Volaris Name Correction Policy
When you have entered the traveler name incorrectly, it is not possible to resolve it by editing with the correct name on the airline’s website. In this case, passengers have to reach the airline’s phone number. Passengers would be asked to submit a copy of the official travel document (passport when flying international or Photo ID if flying domestic), as per Volaris name change policy.
The Volaris does not permit the name changes under the following circumstances –
- Passenger is making flight changes on the same day as the scheduled departure.
- The itinerary includes a flight segment from multiple airlines or code-shared/interline agreement partners.
- Scheduled departure is within 24 hours.
- Passenger has already taken the outbound flight.
How to Change Name on Volaris Ticket?
Passengers can request the name change online – on the airline’s website – as well as via airlines’ reservation phone number.
Volaris Change Name on Flight Online
Passengers simply need to visit the airline’s website. Then navigate to retrieve their booking using the PNR and the last name of the passenger. Pay the required fees and fare difference to complete the request. Follow these steps –
- Visit volaris.com and navigate to the Manage Booking section.
- Click on the name change tab, and enter the Booking reference and the Last Name in the relevant field.
- Select the passenger you would be like to request a name change.
- Enter the correct name in the required field box.
- Pay the airline’s name change cost and the fare difference associated with your booking.
- Once the payment is successful you would be redirected to the booking landing page.
- Passengers will receive an email confirmation with the updated name and the itinerary.
Change Name on Flight Over the Phone
Given that you’re holding a booking that does not allow name changes online, dial Volaris Customer Service number. Name change over the phone is subject to name change fees.
Types of Volaris Change Name Request
As per the Volaris name change policy, you can request the name change due to misspelled name and much more. Each name change type has its own limitation and procedure, as it is mentioned below –
- Married Name Change – In case the passenger booked a flight with a married or maiden name, and has a name change update on the passport between the flight booking and date of travel, they can make the Volaris change name request. The ticket would be re-issued to a similar or higher class of service, subject to availability, Fare difference may apply.
- Legal Name Change – Passengers can amend the name on the ticket due to all legal considerations. Passengers would be asked to submit the supporting documents, such as a legal decree or new Photo ID with an updated name, for validation.
- Minor name changes – The airline allows correction for the minor spelling errors up to 4 characters on the first, middle, or last name.
- Middle Name or Last Name – Passengers can request the addition or elimination of the middle name. Add to that, in a situation in which passengers have two last names they can also apply for the name change request. It is always recommended to verify all the passengers’ details before purchasing the airline’s reservation, confirm that the details on the flight ticket must appear identical as they do on the passport or any government-issued photo ID.
Volaris Change Name Fee
All name change requests are subject to the corresponding fee, and the airlines will make the requested name change.
It is always recommended to verify all the passengers’ details before purchasing the airline’s reservation, confirm that the details on the flight ticket must appear identical as they do on the passport or any government-issued photo ID.
Passengers are not required to pay any fee when they are making changes within 24 hours of booking. Check the fees below –
|Scheduled Departure Time||Online (In USD)||Over the Phone (In USD)||At the Airport (In USD)|
|Less than 15 days||250 + fare difference||250 + fare difference||300 + fare difference|
|More than 15 days||300 + fare difference||300 + fare difference||350 + fare difference|
The good news is that it should be relatively easy to correct a name on your ticket if you realize you’ve made a mistake. Just confirm the correct spelling of your new name when you make your correction request, and Volaris will be happy to oblige.
Volaris Name Change Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, passengers can correct the names of up to four characters on the first. Middle, or last name. Add to that, passengers can add, or eliminate the middle name as well as the last name.
Yes, passengers can request the name change via the airline’s reservation portal under the Manage booking section. The name change request is subject to an airline penalty and any additional fare difference.
For a non-refundable fee of 200 USD, passengers can request the name change per flight segment, so you have the possibility of making possible changes and traveling hassle-free. Passengers can only use this service in case they book the flight on Volaris.com or via the airline’s Call Centre.
The said request would be subject to a name change fee alongside any applicable fare difference. It is always recommended to verify all the passengers’ details before purchasing the Volaris reservation, confirm that the details on the flight ticket must appear identical as they do on the passport or any government-issued photo ID.
When a passenger is requesting a name change or correction within 24 hours of purchase, no change fee would be assessed. However, passengers would still be liable for any applicable fare difference.
Passengers cannot request the change in passenger type adult, senior, infant, or minor). For instance, the airline does not allow passengers to change the child’s ticket to an adult’s ticket, and vice-versa.