It is, to put it mildly, an amazing scene to be sitting alone at the gate and seeing the plane your child is on airborne from the flightdeck without you. Knowing from experience, you’re probably feeling a mix of pride, excitement, and anxiety in that moment. Volaris unaccompanied minor policy will transport your child without a parent or guardian once they turn 5-year old.
Here’s a rundown of the airline’s unaccompanied minor’s rules, restrictions, service, fee, and documents required to book the service.
- Rules and Restrictions Under Volaris Unaccompanied Minor Service
- Restrictions Under Volaris Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Minors Undergoing Medical Treatment
- MInor’s Personal Information
- Unaccompanied Minor Policy for International Flight
- Important Points for Parents/Legal Guardians
- Flights Departing from the United States
- Required Documents for Minor Traveling Alone
- What is the Volaris Unaccompanied Minor Fee?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Related to Volaris Minor Policy
Rules and Restrictions Under Volaris Unaccompanied Minor Service
If you have already signed up for the service or will purchase one, consider the following guidelines –
- The service will require a previous confirmation call via customer service up to 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- Volaris unaccompanied minor service is limited to a certain number of seats per aircrafts.
- Unaccompanied minors (5–12 years old) who travel alone are only permitted to do so.
- For kids aged 13 to 17, the service is not required.
- Minors must have a companion who is at least 18 years old and bring their printed boarding pass to the check-in counter.
- Children between 2 and 4 years old may purchase Volaris minor traveling alone service only if they are travelling with a family member between 13 and 17 years old. Both of them will be regarded as unaccompanied children in this situation. They both have to use the unaccompanied minor service.
Restrictions Under Volaris Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Minors under the age of 15 are not permitted to be seated in emergency exit seats for safety concerns. In addition –
- The period between flights for connection for unaccompanied minors must be at least 2 hours and not more than 4 hours.
- Unaccompanied minors are not permitted to travel on codeshare flights.
- Minors traveling alone cannot avail of Pet On Board service.
Minors Undergoing Medical Treatment
Unaccompanied minors are not permitted to travel if they are receiving medical attention. In addition –
- Minors having any chronic sickness, a physical or mental condition, or a disability that makes it impossible for them to care for themselves are also not permitted to fly alone.
MInor’s Personal Information
Children traveling alone must display a badge with their personal information so that the crew and staff can recognise them as unaccompanied kids. These children will be escorted by a member of the Volaris staff the entire time they are flying.
Unaccompanied Minor Policy for International Flight
We advise you to familiarise yourself with the most recent immigration laws and the necessary paperwork for youngsters flying abroad if it’s an international flight before making a reservation.
Important Points for Parents/Legal Guardians
To finish the process on time, the minor’s parent or legal guardian must arrive at the airport of origin at least 3 hours before the flight is due to depart (this applies to both domestic and international flights). In addition –
- The parent or guardian is required to wait at the airport of origin until a member of the Volaris airlines notifies them that the flight has taken off. As a precaution, it is highly advised to wait until 15 minutes after takeoff in case the flight needs to return.
- *The person accompanying the child to the airport and picking them up from there must possess official identification (driver’s licence or passport).
Flights Departing from the United States
Parents/guardians dropping off or greeting the child at the airport must arrive at least 3 hours before the scheduled departure. In addition –
- You could be needed to be present when dropping off or picking up the unaccompanied minor. In that case, you’ll need to get a boarding card at the ticket counter. It is advised that you arrive at the airport prepared to pass through security.
Required Documents for Minor Traveling Alone
The parent/guardians must submit 3 copies of each of the following documents. These documents need to be submitted at the time of check-in with Volaris Airlines. The said documents must be presented 3 hours in advance of the flight schedule, whether it is a domestic or international travel.
- Unaccompanied minor form – It would be provided by the Volaris staff member at the airport at the time of check-in.
- Official ID/passport of parents or legal guardian.
- Official ID/passport/birth certificate of the unaccompanied minor
- Minor Exit Form
- A notarized document – This gives the go-ahead for the minor’s departure and specifies the mode of transportation, the place of travel, and the date of the trip.
What is the Volaris Unaccompanied Minor Fee?
Below is the overview of the service fee charged to transport unaccompanied minors. The unaccompanied minor fee varies with the travel route and certain terms and conditions.
Regardless of whether they are on the same reservation as other kids traveling in a group, the fee applies to flights lasting no more than 24 hours for each minor. The fee mentioned below is inclusive of all taxes and fees.
|Travel Routes||Price (USD)|
|Flights to Mexico||35|
|Flights to/from the United States||150|
Even while it may give you concern to think that your child is flying thousands of feet above the ground alone, there are occasions when there is no other option. Eventually, your child might even be the one urging you to abdicate this duty.
Only you as the parent can determine when your child is ready, but once they are, taking on this responsibility can result in significant learning and growth.
However, every child and circumstance is unique. Volaris unaccompanied minor policy will outline the constraints, but it’s up to you to choose what works best within those constraints.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Related to Volaris Minor Policy
Yes, under the Volaris unaccompanied minor policy children between 5 and 12 years of age can travel alone using the airline minor service, and are subject to a fee.
You can book unaccompanied minor service on www.volaris.com. You can also purchase using the airline’s customer service number.
Yes, minors are not allowed to travel on the red-eye flight as well as on any codeshare or interline agreement flight. In addition, Minors under the age of 15 are not permitted to be seated in emergency exit seats.
It entails helping unaccompanied minors from the airport of origin through the flight and until they arrive at the airport of destination.
All flights within Mexico, the unaccompanied minors fee is 35 USD. For travel to and from the United States, the service fee is 150 USD. For all other destinations outside Mexico, the fee is 155 USD.