Sometimes, passengers may wish to make changes in their reservations with the airlines followed by any personal reason or travel plans change. With Delta Airlines, you need not worry about this situation, Delta Airlines believes in providing total flexibility to its customers/passengers for making any amendments or changes in their flight reservations. Before availing the flight change service of Delta Airlines, a passenger must have a thorough knowledge of the Delta flight change policy and its terms & conditions. Refer below to understand and gain knowledge of the Delta flight change policy in detail.
How to Change Delta Flight?
Find here the all in one solution for the question “How to change delta flight?”. Below are all the different conditions, criteria, and steps for changing flight with Delta Airlines.
How to Change Delta Flight for a non-refundable ticket:
If you have purchased a non-refundable ticket and want to change your flight reservation, then the fee charged for this service will vary from $200 to $500. The fee will depend on the destination mentioned on the reserved ticket and the fare difference between the old and new flights.
- Visit the official website of the Delta airlines and log in with your credentials.
- Look for the option of “My Trips” and click on it.
- Now select the flight you want to change.
- Find and click on the “Modify Flight” button.
- Now you will see the option of “Start Flight Change”, click on it.
- And choose a new flight.
- Now follow the checkout process and make payment for the change fee and the difference in fare.
- In the end, make sure to get the confirmation for your new flight reservation.
How to change Delta Flight for a refundable ticket :
For refundable ticket holders, the change fee may be waived off if the seats are available and all the terms and conditions are met. But if the ticket price is higher than that of the original ticket, you will have to pay the difference amount in the fare.
- Visit the official website of Delta airlines and log in using your credentials.
- Go to the option of “My Trips”.
- Make a selection for the flight you wish to change.
- Now choose the option of “Modify Flight”.
- And click on “Start Flight Change”.
- Make your selection for a new flight.
- Now complete the checkout process of the Delta Airlines and pay the difference amount of ticket fares.
- Remember to get the new flight ticket confirmation.
How to change Delta Flight for an award ticket:
Award ticket passengers are allowed to make changes and amendments in their flight reservation, but remember that the changes are only allowed at least before 72 hours of the scheduled departure. The change fee for this category is $150 and free for Diamond and Platinum Medallion members.
- Enter your credentials and log in through the official website of Delta Airlines.
- Find the option of “My Trips” and select the flights you wish to change.
- Click on the option of ”Modify Flight”.
- Now click on “start Flight Change”.
- Make a selection for a new flight.
- Follow the further website guided checkout process and pay all the change fee and fare difference.
- Make sure to get the new flight confirmation.
How to change Delta Flight For tickets through third-party:
There may be some additional fee charged if you wish to make changes in a ticket that was not booked directly through Delta Airlines. The additional fee may be charged for bookings through an offline travel agency, online travel agency or some other airline (including codeshare partners and SkyTeam).
This additional fee will not be charged for:
- Tickets issued Anyhow by Delta Airlines
- Reservations with government or military fares
- Same-day confirmed changes
- involuntary delays, cancellations or schedule changes
- Passengers reaching a SkyMiles upgrade
If you wish to seek any further knowledge regarding Delta Airlines flight change, then visit the official website (https://www.delta.com/) of the Delta Airlines or call on the Delta flight change phone number- +1-855-284-6735.
Delta Flight Change Fee:
Delta Airline’s change fee depends on the fares and membership purchased by the customer and the time period in which the change is demanded. The complete Delta flight change fee structure which shows all the cost to change delta flight is described below in the table.
|Time Period||Basic Economy Fare||Non-Refundable Fare||Refundable/ Flexible Fare|
|Within the 24-hour change/cancellation period||No fee; only fare difference to be paid||No fee; only fare difference to be paid||No fee; only fare difference to be paid|
|After the 24-hour change/cancellation period||Not allowed||Fee – $200-$500 and the fare difference amount||No fee; only fare difference to be paid|
|Within 24-hours of scheduled flight departure||Not allowed||Fee starting from $75 when seats available||Fee starting from $75 when seats available|
How to avoid the Delta flight change fee?
Want some tips and points regarding ”How to avoid delta flight change fee?”, read the below-mentioned points to avoid any kind of Delta flight change fee and be prepared already.
Delta change flight within 24 hours:
All Delta airline tickets come with a 24-hour change/cancellation window. Passengers can enjoy this service without any hassle, It states that you can change or cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking if the ticket is of at least 7 days ahead.
Prefer buying flexible or refundable tickets:
Some passengers may not be sure about their travel plan, but still, they book tickets according to their rough idea of the plan. For this kind of passenger, refundable tickets are best. Refundable tickets will be expensive but the change fee charged on this one will be much less than the fare difference of the tickets.
Delta same day flight change:
Passengers can enjoy the Delta same day flight change services without any hassle. This policy states that a passenger is making changes within 24 hours of the originally scheduled departure. This policy is only applicable for passengers flying within Puerto Rico or the U.S Virgin Islands and the United States. The international tickets and Basic economy class tickets are not eligible for the Delta same day flight change service and all same-day changes depend on the flights and seat availability.
Delta Airlines offers two options within the same day flight change service:
Same-day confirmed changes:
If there is a seat available in the passenger’s originally booked fare class, then the passenger is allowed to change his/her tickets for a confirmed seat on a new flight. This service is complimentary for the Gold Medallion, Platinum and Diamond members.
Passenger can choose to wait for a seat on an earlier flight if there is no option of same-day confirmed changes. The change fee will only be charged when the passenger gets a seat on the requested flight.