According to the Avianca pet policy you are only allowed to carry dogs and cats; other pets are not permitted in the cabin when you fly with your pet on board.
You must make the request at least 48 hours before your flight’s departure if you want to bring your pet along because the availability of pet transportation is subject to its availability.
NOTE: You must also produce the form for pet transportation in the hold and cabin in addition to the documentation needed to travel with your pet.
- Avianca Pet Travel Policy
- Pets in the Cabin
- What Types of Pets are Accepted Onboard?
- Container Requirements that allow your dog to travel in Avianca
- Pets as Checked Baggage
- Requirements for Pet to Travel with Avianca
- Conditions for Transporting Service Dogs
- Conditions for Transporting Emotional Dogs
Avianca Pet Travel Policy
Pets in the Cabin
Avianca pet policy mentions that these requirements must be fulfilled to fly with your pet in cabin:
- The total weight of your pet and the container cannot exceed 10 kilograms.
- Animals may only stand a maximum of 8″ H (20 cm).
- Pets are only allowed on board as one (1) per person.
- The animal must always be contained within the container during the journey
- Pet passengers must check in at Avianca counter two hours prior to domestic flights and three hours prior to foreign flights.
- This pet service may only avail through the Contact Center more than 48 hours before the departure of the aircraft.
- Does not apply to service dogs.
- All paperwork must be completed, and the origin, connection, and destination hygienic criteria must all be satisfied.
- You must also produce the form for transporting pets in the hold and cabin along with the other documentation needed to fly with your pet.
- All throughout the trip, pets must stay in their carriers.
- Aggressive animals may not fly in the cabin and may instead be transported in the hold.
- If it is determined that the pet does not fulfill the legal and safety requirements for travel, the airport’s animal health authorities and Avianca have the right to reject entrance or transportation.
In-Cabin Pet Fees
The cost of this service varies based on where you’re traveling to. International flights cost between $45-200, and domestic tickets start at $16.
|International tickets||Range between $45-$200|
|Domestic tickets||Start from $16|
Cost of Transporting Pets in a Cabin – The Avianca pet fee varies with the destination –
|Flights||Sales offices, Contact Center, and Travel Agencies|
|Within Colombia||From USD 16|
|Inside Ecuador||From USD 45|
|America||From USD 135|
|To Europa*||From USD 170|
|From Europa*||From EUR 150|
In sales offices, contact centers, and travel agencies, these prices may rise by up to USD 20 during peak season. The peak season runs from July through December.
What Types of Pets are Accepted Onboard?
Dogs and cats older than four months are welcome. In addition –
- Service dogs: who have been taught to work or complete tasks for someone with a handicap. They receive their training at accredited, specialized facilities.
- Emotional support dogs: these don’t need to be trained, but the traveler must present a medical note from a mental health expert attesting to their condition in order to bring their pet along.
Container Requirements that allow your dog to travel in Avianca
The container size must be as per the Avianca pet policy:
NOTE: Service dogs are exempt from this clause.
- Per container, only one (1) animal is permitted.
- Max. the weight allowed is 22 lbs.
- The flexible container should have the following measurements:
Container dimensions must be around this to fly conveniently:
|Length 41 cm + Width 28 cm + Height 20 cm|
|Length 16″ + Width 11″ + Height 8″|
- Put your pet beneath the seat in front of you for the duration of the journey.
- As long as your pet is within the container, you can feed them.
- The animal should be able to stand up, turn around, and lie down normally in the container, which should fit beneath the passenger’s seat in front of them.
- Keep in mind that your pet may never leave its container while the trip is in progress.
- To allow for airflow, they must have holes.
- They need a method for collecting garbage generated during transportation.
Pets as Checked Baggage
Pets that weigh too much to fit in the cabin might instead be transported as checked baggage in the hold according to the Avianca International Pet policy.
- Animals must weigh between 22 lbs (10 kg) and 44 lbs (20 kg) without the carrier on flights.
- The total weight of dogs and their carriers on Airbus A330 or Boeing B787 aircraft is up to 101 lbs (46 kg).
Checked Baggage Pet Fees
The pet fees are different for both international and domestic which range between:
|International tickets||Range between $60 and 235|
|Domestic tickets||Start from $48|
Requirements for Pet to Travel with Avianca
Pet Owner to ensure that all the below-mentioned Avianca airlines pet policy requirements are followed:
- The passenger in charge of the pet to ensure that the pet behaves correctly in public settings, including the cabin of the airplane.
- The pet who exhibits any of the following symptoms shall be transported wherever feasible, in the airplane hold, and the passenger in charge of the pet will be solely responsible for any charges associated with this adjustment.
- Aggressive behavior or indications.
- Endangers the safety of the flight,
- Produce harmful impacts on the facilities’ or the aircraft’s health;
- It is clear that the person in charge of the pet cannot retain control of it,
- Inconveniences other passengers, crew members, or airline ground workers,
- The Avianca crew will check that all requirements have been met before taking off for the transport of the pet in either the cabin or the aircraft hold, in accordance with the relevant laws and/or airline policy.
- The pet will not be transported if it is younger than 4 months old.
- The traveler in the responsibility of the pet certifies that they are fully aware of and agree to abide by all applicable laws regarding the admission and/or exit of animals into and out of the country of origin, the transiting country (if any), and the country of destination.
Conditions for Transporting Service Dogs
The dog must fulfill the following requirements to be qualified as a service dog as suggested in Avianca pet policy:
- A harness’s existence or the presence of marks on one.
- A tag or identification card
- Show off the animal’s identification as a service animal on a credential.
- Service dogs are not subject to any breed limitations.
- The airline is not liable for any future steps taken by the health authorities.
- Per passenger, a maximum of two service, guide, or rescue dogs may fly.
- During the flight, it must be positioned at the owners’ feet or on their legs.
- Service dogs fly with a bib, microchip, certificate, collar, and double leash for identifying purposes.
- No matter their size, service dogs are welcome on board as long as they can find a spot in the passenger cabin that doesn’t interfere with evacuation.
Do’s and Dont’s For Service Dogs Traveling with Avianca Airlines
In public situations, the service dog must act appropriately. For instance:
- Remain at its owner’s feet.
- Avoid running erratically in the airport or on the plane.
- Do not continuously bark at passengers on the plane or in the airport.
- Never try to bite or nip someone.
- Avoid jumping on people.
- You cannot go to the restroom in an airport or on a flight.
Note: If the service dog exhibits unacceptable behavior in accordance with the aforementioned standards, boarding will be denied. The client may be offered the option of transporting it in the hold as long as it is feasible, provided that it is available and the appropriate fees are applied.
Conditions for Transporting Emotional Dogs
These conditions must be fulfilled only then emotional dogs will be allowed to travel.
- Per person, only one emotional support dog is allowed to fly.
- Your emotional support animal cannot weigh more than 10 kilograms when traveling in the cabin, including the container.
- If your emotional support dog weighs more than 10 kg, it can be transported for free in the hold.
- Through the contact center, make your reservation at least 48 hours prior to the flight’s departure.
- In order to verify the information, you must appear in person at the documentation modules at the airport at least 2 hours before domestic flight check-in and at least 3 hours before international flight check-in. Flights to and from the United States are exempt from this restriction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, that is your pet must not weigh more than 18 lbs(8 kg).
Yes, the max. the weight of the container can be 22 lbs.
Only one (1) pet is allowed per container.
Reservation must at least be made 48 hours prior to the flight’s departure.
Yes, you are allowed but the pet must remain within the container.