Headquartered in the heart of Las Vegas, Nevada, Allegiant Airlines is an American budget airline. The airline is the ninth-largest airline in the United States of America. It was founded as WestJet Express in 1996 and today it is renowned all around the world and hosts millions of passengers every year. Flying to more than 120 destinations, the airline’s top destination includes Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orlando, Myrtle Beach and numerous other popular destinations in the country. If you want to get detailed knowledge about Allegiant Airlines baggage policy, make sure to run through the complete guide.
Initially started to serve small destinations in America, currently the airline flies to world-class destinations attracting tourists from every corner of the world. Passengers can enjoy leisure travels in the most fun country without splurging too much. Known for its low-cost fares and top-notch service, the airline ensures a memorable trip for every passenger. The comfy seats and lip-smacking appetizers crank up the experience, making Allegiant Airlines one of the best in its time. The easy Allegiant Airlines baggage policy makes it one of the most preferable Airlines all around the world.
Allegiant Airlines Baggage Policy
Allegiant Airlines Baggage Policy is a no brainer, the airline takes every extra step to make your trip hassle-free and eases every procedure. If a passenger is travelling in this airline, he/she would be able to enjoy the leverage to carry one personal item as carry-on baggage and one checked-in baggage while travelling with this airline. However, if you are planning to take checked-in baggage, you will have to pay for it.
Allegiant Airlines baggage isn’t free for checked-in luggage. Every passenger can carry up to 4 bags per ticket, the maximum weight of one bag must not exceed 18 kilograms. Allegiant Airlines baggage fees will be applied if the Allegiant Airlines checked baggage size exceeds the allowed weight.
Allegiant Airlines Baggage Size Requirement
According to Allegiant Airlines baggage policy, every passenger can carry one free personal item (for free), one carry-on baggage which has to fit right above the seat in the overhead space or in front of the seats and one checked-in baggage which has to be paid for. Every item’s dimension would vary. Allegiant Airlines baggage measurement are as follows-
- You can carry any personal item absolutely for free. The item would be stored in the area underneath the seat, therefore it must adhere to the size limit. The maximum dimensions for any personal item should not cross 7 x 15 x 16 inches (17.8 x 38.1 x 40.6 centimetres).
- If a passenger is deciding to take carry-on baggage along (roll-aboard or garment bag) which would be stored in the area above the seating space or the overhead space, they will have to pay for it. The Maximum size for the carry-on baggage is 9 x 14 x 22 inches (22.9 x 35.6 x 55.9 centimetres).
- If you are planning to take checked-in baggage while flying, you will have to pay for it. The maximum limitation for every passenger is 4 bags, the maximum size for every checked-in baggage is 80 linear inches (203 centimetres) in height + width + length, exceeding which might result in a penalty charged per kilogram.
- A passenger can not carry any additional luggage in the name of their infants, if you wish to carry a diaper, baby food or any such item, it would be counted in your item or luggage.
Allegiant Airlines Baggage Weight
Allegiant airlines baggage weight differs from luggage to luggage, every passenger can carry up to 4 checked baggage, one free personal item and one carry-on baggage, the weight limit for the luggage is strictly considered for the checked-in luggage.
The checked-in luggage can not be more than 40 pounds or 18 kg, the passengers can carry more bags if the need be. There is no certain weight limit for the carry-on baggage and the personal items that a passenger is carrying, however, Allegiant Airlines baggage measurements must be considered before taking the flight.
Allegiant Airlines Baggage Fees
The baggage fees for this airline differs with every route. You will be able to check the price for the baggage at the time of booking your ticket if you are booking it online and if you are booking it at the airport, the customer executives will tell you about the fees for the baggage. If you are booking your ticket via your agent, make sure to ask him about the fees.
Allegiant Airlines baggage fees are as follows-
- If a passenger is pre-booking his/her carry-on luggage, they would be charged around 10 USD -75 USD.
- If a passenger is booking the carry-on luggage at the airport during the time of flight they would be charged 50 USD – 75 USD.
- The oversize fees for your carry-on luggage would be 50 USD – 75 USD in total.
- If you are planning to take carry-on baggage with some offers online, you will have to pay 14 USD – 39 USD.
- The first checked baggage, weighing 40 lbs, would be charged around 18 USD- 50 USD.
- The second checked-in baggage would be charged the same as the first one which is 18 USD – 50 USD.
- If you are planning to take third checked-in baggage, you will have to pay approximately 75 USD for that.
- If the checked-in baggage exceeds its weight limit and weighs somewhere between 41-70 lbs, you will have to pay more than 50 USD for it, including its original fees (for the checked-in baggage).
- If the checked-in baggage exceeds its weight limit and weighs somewhere between 70-100 lbs, you will have to pay more than 75 USD for it, including its original fees (for the checked-in baggage).
- If the checked-in baggage exceeds its dimensions and the weight limit, you will have to pay more than 50 USD for it, including its original fees (for the checked-in baggage).
Allegiant Airlines Baggage Rules
The airline’s baggage rules are quite a simple one. The passengers have to abide by Allegiant Airlines baggage policy to avoid any last minute hustle.
- The airline provides one free personal item. Any carry-on luggage or checked-in luggage will be charged. If a passenger is pre-booking their luggage, they will have to pay less. If they are booking it directly at the airport, the charges would significantly increase.
- The personal item would be stored under the seating area so it must not cross the dimension. Not following the rule might make the airline count your personal item as a carry-on and charge you for the same.
- The carry-on luggage has to fit in the overhead space and should preferably be a duffel bag or any wheel-less bag. If the dimensions are crossed, the passenger would be charged for it.
- You can carry up to 4 checked-in bags (apart from the carry-on bag and the personal items).
- Any electronic device containing lithium-ion (such as laptops, electronic cigarettes, games, cell-phones, calculators, batteries, e-watches etc) would not be allowed in your checked-in baggage and must be taken as a carry-on.
- Excess medication storage is prohibited in the checked-in baggage. However, you can carry up to 70 ounces of medications in your baggage. Any loss would not be levied as a cause of Allegiant Airlines.
- No firework items would be allowed in Allegiant Airlines. Any medical assistive device such as a walker, a stroller can be carried in the airline for free.
- Any sporting equipment will be directly sent to the checked-in baggage. If the dimensions are exceeding the limits of carry-on baggage. The passenger will have to pay for it the same as the checked-in baggage (you can carry all sorts of sporting equipment without any restrictions and whatsoever).
Rules for Bringing Pets In Allegiant Airlines
Allegiant Airlines welcomes its passengers wholeheartedly, whether they’re humans or their little pets. The airline has a small pet cabin in which they unite all the pets (caged). However, the passengers would only be able to carry their pets if they are travelling domestically, international travels do not allow pets in the airline. Here are a few things that you need to know if you are travelling with your pets. Allegiant Airlines baggage policy allows the passengers to take their furry friends by following a few conditions.
- The airline only allows cats and dogs in the airline. The pets should be kept either in a soft-sided or a hard-sided leak-proof carrier.
- The dimensions of the carrier should not be more than 9” H x 16” W x 19” D.
- The airline does not allow more than 1 pet carrier per passenger. You will have to pay 50 USD to take your pets along.
- The animals must be at least 8 weeks old, odourless, harmless and non-disruptive, the pets must not be violent or going through any physical stress.
- The airline does not take any responsibility for the pet’s health during flying, make sure to buy a comfortable carrier so that the pets are not protruding from it.
Rules for Carrying Alcohol in Allegiant Airlines
As per Allegiant Airlines baggage policy, the passengers can carry alcohol beverages while travelling with the airline, however, there are certain rules that a passenger will have to follow while carrying liquor in their baggage.
- The alcohol percentage must not exceed 70 % of the volume or 140 proof and must be in original/unopened packaging.
- Every alcohol beverage is subjected to TASA alcohol screening. If the alcohol is within 3.4 oz. it can be taken in the carry-on baggage but if it is exceeding the amount, it has to be sent in the checked-in baggage.
- Every passenger can carry up to 5 litres of alcohol from 24 percent to 70 percent alcohol in it. The passengers are not allowed to drink their own alcohol while they are travelling.
Flying with an airline as comfy as Allegiant Airlines comes with its own perks, the convenient baggage policy comes along with easy Allegiant Airlines flight change policy. Change in plans? Do not worry, Allegiant Airlines cancellation policy is exclusively meant to make travelling easier for every traveller out there.
Allegiant Airlines booking process is trouble-free and can be done either online, by visiting their official website or offline, directly from the airport. You can also contact any third party such as agents for booking your tickets.
Frequently Asked Questions – Allegiant Airlines Baggage Policy
Yes. A passenger can book their tickets directly from the airport but it is highly advisable to book the tickets in advance. You may visit the official website of the airline and book your ticket online https://www.allegiantair.com/. Getting the ticket for the same day might not be possible, especially during the peak season and for certain destinations like Los Angeles and Las Vegas that stays in high demand, booking your ticket in advance will save you from the last minute trouble.
Yes. The airline honours the proud team of their country and offers military discounts for the passengers if they are in the military. By the rules of Allegiant Airlines baggage policy, all the passengers applying under this section get a lot of leverage, they might carry up to 2 checked-in luggage till 100 lbs absolutely for free. They will get free boarding pass printing at the airport, they can also carry 1 pet along with them without paying any extra fees. Children, parents and the spouse of the military traveller will get all the benefits if they are travelling along.
Yes. According to the Allegiant Airlines baggage policy the passenger can carry only one personal item for free (handbags, cameras, diaper bags etc). If you wish to get carry-on luggage or a checked-in luggage, you will have to pay for it. 1 carry-on baggage and up to 4 checked-in bags are allowed for every passenger in Allegiant Airlines.
Every passenger would be charged less if they are pre-booking their luggage in this airline. If you are booking the luggage at the time of travel, you might have to pay extra. Make sure to check the Allegiant Airlines baggage policy before taking the flight to prevent any last minute hassle.